My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

What is your favourite supermarket and why?

93 replies

wellmaybenot · 15/10/2020 17:09

I've never really had a favourite, I just shop where I can find deals but I'd like to just start sticking to one. So I guess I would like to ask you what is your favourite supermarket and the reasons why?

OP posts:
captainprincess · 15/10/2020 17:34

Sainsbury's, the reason.....it's super close

devildeepbluesea · 15/10/2020 17:36

Currently it's Morrisons, because their salted popcorn is incredible. Almost as good as you get at the cinema.

DDiva · 15/10/2020 17:39

Sainsburys, I've always used them even when others are closer.

I like that own brand stuff is reasonable quality, fresh food keeps well and is well stocked. I get deliveries which are very reliable, very nice drivers and few out of stock items.

ShatnersBaboon · 15/10/2020 17:40

Aldi. It's good value and is quick and easy to get around.

Xmasbaby11 · 15/10/2020 17:41

Sainsburys

Fantastic range, fantastic quality

We top up at Lidl but can only get a third of what we want. Sainsburys has everything

Ihatesandwiches · 15/10/2020 17:41

I want to say Aldi, but there are lots of things I can't get there so I top up at Tesco - even though I have to pass a Morrisons, Sainsburys and a Lidl to get there! Shopped at Morrisons during first lock down. Hated it!

Ragwort · 15/10/2020 17:43

Booths .... unfortunately I don't live anywhere near one but their range of products, customer service and general ambience in the shops is superb. Their Christmas brochure is a work of art - online version soon available.

Imissmoominmama · 15/10/2020 17:44

Booths is the closest to me, so that’s where I shop, but I do like some things from Aldi too.

AuntieJoyce · 15/10/2020 17:44

If money was no object it would be sainsburys

But unfortunately they don’t know what to charge these days

Yorkshireswithallroasts · 15/10/2020 17:49

Sainsbury’s. I love the products and I find it generally a much more pleasant experience. Plus the toilets are always clean and that is very important to me!

ivykaty44 · 15/10/2020 17:50

I like Also the best

The chocolate
The smorgasbord of picnic food is wonderful, mini pork pie with onion chutney, stuffed peppers, smoke salmon yummy and not rip off prices
Wine & crisp selection decent
Cheese selection also very decent

The prices are ver good

ivykaty44 · 15/10/2020 17:50

Our sainsbury has gritty loos

purpledagger · 15/10/2020 17:52

Sainsbury's - my local store has lots of parking, cash machines, Argos and I can also get my eBay items delivers there. The store doesn't look grubby and has a good selection of clothing and homeware.

I do my main shop in Lidl though, as it's cheaper;

Lidl - I love the quick checkout ( in and out, no fuss).

Pumpkinstace · 15/10/2020 17:52

Sainsburys but I don't shop there often, it's the furthest and dearest.

I love the wide isles, deep trollies and friendly staff. Good products and range of products too.

Blueberrycreampie · 15/10/2020 17:52

Waitrose, it's quiet, calm and civilised. There are only two of us so I expect if we were a bigger family I would think again. However it's our closest and I like shopping there.

Ragwort · 15/10/2020 17:53

Imiss I am jealous Grin keep thinking that 'being near a Booths' should be one of my requirements when we retire and move house.

FirefighterA24 · 15/10/2020 17:54

Aldi and Tesco!

HeronLanyon · 15/10/2020 17:54

Waitrose - big one walking distance from me so convenient. Great range of unusual things. Basics comparable cost to the others I have available (don’t have Aldi or Lidl or Tesco near me - in fact have never been to an Aldi or Lidl never lived close to one - wish I did as what I hear makes me want to shop there!
My Waitrose is really clean well laid out calm great staff well stocked etc. Delivery service good and I can shop in store and have it delivered too (pre Covid that one).

Eckhart · 15/10/2020 17:56

Waitrose. Happy staff.

MiddleClassMother · 15/10/2020 17:59

I love waitrose because it's less hectic than the rest. If i'm feeling brave I'll pop to aldi too. they're so cheap I almost can't believe how much I spend elsewhere😂

Indoctro · 15/10/2020 18:01

Morrison's by far. Products much better.

Poppyismyfavourite · 15/10/2020 18:05

Aldi... their version of most branded stuff is pretty good and I love the special buys! I just got a baby changing mat for £6 :)

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

lyingwanker · 15/10/2020 18:05

Morrison's. the meat, fish, fruit & veg are by far the best quality of all the supermarkets. They also do a beetroot and mint yoghurt dip that i am addicted to!

Iheardarumour · 15/10/2020 18:06

Sainsbury's is closest (have a glut of them in SE London) but sometimes I will pay more on my Oystercard to get to Waitress in Shepherd's Bush. Since Ocado parted ways with them I sometimes schlep over for things we miss.

Londonmummy66 · 15/10/2020 18:06

I find you get a better class of chav in Waitrose... Grin

Just stick to the one that you like shopping in the most.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.