My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

The White Boar's Head: Student Union Bar at the University of Milton North

999 replies

DumSpiroSpero · 28/09/2011 23:09

Student discounts available on all varieties of Chateau Gisborne and Polish Cordial.

OP posts:
LadyDamerel · 30/09/2011 12:00

There is just something about Gizzy that makes me go all peculiar in a way that a fictional character never has.

He's an unwashed, leather-clad, psyschologically-damaged arsonist with homicidal tendencies (but comely withal) yet he sends my nether regions shooting off into the stratosphere at uncomfortably frequent intervals Grin.

Welcome to the dark side, RP!

PassTheTwiglets · 30/09/2011 12:07

chokes on her lunch-time buttie

Subliminal use of the word buttie there, Massive? :)

SupermassiveLBD · 30/09/2011 12:07

There you are, Gisborne, you great big handsome creature, you. You are utterly and completely irresistible. Grin

What's the betting Marian was some sort of alien from outer space? Of the same species as Sarah Caulfield, no doubt.

Small, it was a bit unkind of you to take the IF with you. Though I do realise you might need it on your hols.

LadyDamerel · 30/09/2011 12:11

The IF is powerless in the face of the heat that is generated by Gizzy, I'm telling you. I ought to restrict my viewing of him to when there is a handy wind tunnel nearby.

Do you think if I asked nicely, Guy would let me have a bite of his buttie or do you think I'd have to beg?

Twigs, how was TTSFirth last night?

SupermassiveLBD · 30/09/2011 12:12

Scrub the unwashed bit, apart from S3 though, LadyD. I am sure he doesn't go short of volunteers to scrub his back. Were you here for Tansy's adventures?

Subliminal use of buttie Twigs? Sorry, I am an ex-pat, remember, and English seems to have a nasty habit of moving on without me.

LadyDamerel · 30/09/2011 12:20

I don't know anything about Tansy, do tell!

I've read a few fanfics involving Guy in a bath and certain ::ahem:: scenarios but all I can think is that those baths were made of wood and if the cloth linings slipped you'd end up with splinters in places that splinters really ought not to be [wince].

SupermassiveLBD · 30/09/2011 12:25

There was a way round that, LadyD. I researched the topic pretty thoroughly at one time

Tansy was the subject of a little fic i wrote on here, will PM it to you if you like, rather than inflicting it on everyone else again.

LadyDamerel · 30/09/2011 12:31

Ooh, yes please! I'll read it while I have my lunch Smile.

SupermassiveLBD · 30/09/2011 12:33

Okay, give me moment to dig it out...

Russianpony · 30/09/2011 12:33

Me too me Too - I don't remember it either Massive!

Wooden baths do sound rather sore on the old delectable buttie!Grin

Russianpony · 30/09/2011 12:55

More more more!!! What happens next to Tansy???!!!Grin

PassTheTwiglets · 30/09/2011 13:24

Massive, I was thinking that buttie = butt :) And interesting again that you used the word "pat" in your sentence, purporting not to understnd the butt reference :)

Oh, Tansy was faaabulous.

Russianpony · 30/09/2011 13:25

Grin Fab Massive!! ROFL-d at the epilogue!!Grin

Right really must get some work done while the boy is watching Show Me Show Me (almost seems too innocent with what I've been reading and looking at just now!!Blush)Grin

Russianpony · 30/09/2011 13:31

why why why why did you have to show me this! I just can't stop looking at his thighs him!!

Argh!!!!!! My hormones are on fire today obviously!!!!Grin

SupermassiveLBD · 30/09/2011 13:37

Hmm Twigs, I should have remembered your passion for etymology.

PassTheTwiglets · 30/09/2011 13:59

Cheeky though it may be

That's okay Massive - jokes like that are just peachy, to me.

DumSpiroSpero · 30/09/2011 14:35

RP - if you've not noticed the thighs before, I can only assume you haven't seen the following research materials:

Example A

Example B

Grin

OP posts:
SupermassiveLBD · 30/09/2011 15:07

Mmm, yes indeedy Spiro. We should not neglect the lovely JP..

PassTheTwiglets · 30/09/2011 15:54

Hee hee, I meant to look for Example B at the time, to show RP the thighs but I got distRActed by the 'running past the dome' one and forgot :)

LadyD, TTSFirth was good but just impossible to follow. It annoyed me, actually. It took DrTwigs an hour to explain to me all the bits I didn't get. I wasn't entirely sure who the mole was at the end, that's how bad it was

Off to France tomorrow (will keep an eye out for John Lucas :o)

Russianpony · 30/09/2011 17:04

Off to France for the Day Twigs?! How decadent and lovely on such a beautiful weekend!! Enjoy!! And don't do anything any of us wouldn't do!!Grin

Examples A & B are mighty fine and thankfully remind me of my own dear Colonel, just in time for his return! Phew!!Grin

How could I not have noticed those mighty quadriceps before and appreciated their manliness?! unobservant of me! Wink

Russianpony · 30/09/2011 17:05

I obviously mean the Man's quadriceps - I had noticed the Colonel's over the last 15 years!!Grin

SupermassiveLBD · 30/09/2011 17:07

Ooooh, France, Twigs? Lovely. Will you be stocking up on fizzy Gizzy?

I hope you have a wonderful time and say hello to John Lucas for me when you see him. Grin

Russianpony · 30/09/2011 17:08

Now I've noticed his biceps too!!! My hormones are definitely going into overdrive now!! Must be the hot weather!! got to blame something or else i'll think I'm turning into a RAving Addict! Grin

PassTheTwiglets · 30/09/2011 17:17

I am definitely going to look for some Gizzy, Massive yes! (RP, that's where we first discovered it, when I saw it in a wine store over there). Haven't found any over here (though I have only looked in supermarkets, not proper shops). Massive, it's usually a bit stressful after several hours in the car with my Dad, so if you could send the stompy one over for a little visit at around 3pm, that'd be fab, thanks.

RP, we go a few times a year (I go with my parents and usually leave DrTwigs with the kids but am taking DD this time, so she can practise some of her French). It's really cheap to go if you are near enough to the tunnel to make it practical, RP - you can get free ferry crossings if you buy your wine from a particular place but we go via the Eurotunnel and that's 'free' with Tesco vouchers. So it's a nice day out (mad parents aside) and it never costs me a penny :) Well, apart from the hideous amount I end up spending on wine :)

DumSpiroSpero · 30/09/2011 17:27

At least your parents will get on the Eurostar and not make you feel like you're in need if a trip to the Priory for buying wine Hmm. Have fun (but not too much fun Wink)

I have spent the whole of this week 'getting my priorities right' as my mum puts it (i.e. making sure absolutely every domestic/paperwork chore is ticked off before doing anything whatsoever for myself.)

Instead of being calmer I have ended up a raving, irritable, tearful nutcase.Sad Angry

Back to fitting it all in around the edges next week, methinks!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.