Talk

Advanced search

Project Princess 2016

(130 Posts)
redstrawberries101 Fri 26-Feb-16 21:06:10

Link to the original thread:
Project Princess
http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/styleandd_beauty/1156122-Project-Princess

So I have a family wedding in April (6 weeks eeeek) that I want to look good for as I'll be seeing a lot of people I haven't seen in a while.

I plan to do the following as much as possible!
Stop all takeaways after tonight
Reduce caffeine
Drink more water
Use teatree face mask to get rid off blemishes/scarring
Use nail/cuticle cream
Use eyelash enhancer such as taliko
Exfoliate and moisturise body
Apply oil to scalp/hair
Shred for beginners DVD
Take at least 5k steps a day

Any suggestions welcome! No need to spend money as I'm sure many of us have lots of beauty products lying around.

AWONI Sat 27-Feb-16 08:32:08

Oooh lovely. I love a beautification thread! I'll make a list and be back.

Destinysdaughter Sat 27-Feb-16 08:46:31

Fab! I'm trying to improve my skin/hair weight ( and I've got a potentially hot date coming up soon so am quite motivated!) smile

Destinysdaughter Sat 27-Feb-16 08:51:18

Oops pressed too soon!

So I plan to

Drink more water/ less wine!
Eat more vegetables
Eat nuts and avocados
Use coconut oil on my hair
Swim twice a week
Use my Korean face mask
Put fake tan on my face.
Take Krill oil and vit C tablets daily

Do my stretches to keep supple.

Look forward to hearing others ideas

Fizrim Sat 27-Feb-16 09:02:52

I'm in - I need to lose a bit of weight that is piling on and shape up so I need to include exercise in my day. I used to be good at doing a bit each day but stopped last year when I was ill for a bit (I only needed to stop for a month or two, not six ...)

* exercise inc yoga for my back
* daily vitamins
* eat more fruit
* weekly pamper session (bathroom overflowing with pamper presents)
* nail varnish on hands (not just feet!)

How often do we check up back with the thread? Good luck everyone!

TooShyShyHushHush Sat 27-Feb-16 09:04:28

I used to lurk on the other thread. Got some great ideas so want to actually take part this time. I also have a family wedding in June to aim for.

I'm going to:

Drink more water
Be asleep before 11pm
Take my vitamins
Eat right (joined slimming world for this one...)
Take off my make up EVERY night blush
Use a face mask once a week
Do my nails regularly
Sort out my frizzy mop of hair (somehow)
Hit my step target every day (currently 7K and I smash that weekdays but never on the weekend)

Destinysdaughter Sat 27-Feb-16 09:10:07

Just been reading the old thread, some great ideas on there. I'll add to my list, going to bed before 11 and clearing out my wardrobe, getting rid of old/ unflattering clothes ( tho if I lose some more weight I'll be able to fit into more of them! )

Destinysdaughter Sat 27-Feb-16 09:14:29

TooShy I have wavy hair, prone to frizz, what products are you currently using on your hair? I've found using products that are sulphate and silicone free has helped and I sometimes just wash my hair with conditioner!

puppydogmummy Sat 27-Feb-16 09:48:28

Love this thread! Going away to have a think

redstrawberries101 Sat 27-Feb-16 10:39:52

Hehe! I like the daily stretching and eating more fruit and veg. Now the days are getting longer and hopefully it will get less cold, I'm going to try have salads for lunch. They say beauty comes from within! We can check back in whenever smile

DiscoDancer Sat 27-Feb-16 10:48:18

Marking place too! Need people to remind me to doll myself up lol! If u made even a tiny bit more effort, it shows and I feel so much better for it.

LadyPriggsbottom Sat 27-Feb-16 14:03:55

Oooooh this is a great idea! I just wrote a big old post and promptly lost it, but basically I'm pilfering many of the above ideas! grin I have been trying to do some of this for a while, namely;

*exercise classes x 2 per week plus Davina workout dvd when I can.
*eat more fruit, veg, nuts, seeds, and have more salads and healthy soups instead of sandwiches at lunchtime. Remember daily vitamins!
*drink more water and less alcohol, (none at all, at least for a while - it makes my rosacea worse and I missed it a lot less than I expected during dry January, so I just want to cut it out completely).
*take better care of skin, stop highlighting and blow drying hair so much to prevent damage, (I'm trying to grow it longish, so I'm trying to keep it in better condition). Might try the coconut oil thing too <pilfer pilfer>.

Next step is;

*reduce caffeine and sweet stuff sad.

Destinysdaughter Sat 27-Feb-16 14:32:47

Well I've taken my vit C and Krill oil ( google it!) AND vit B and D. I'm terrible for buying vitamins and then not taking them!

Also been reading up on healthy recipes. I made a lovely bean soup last week and am going to incorporate beans much more into my cooking. They're healthy, cheap and yummy!

Think food choices are as important as the things we put on our faces and bodies when it comes to looking/ feeling good!

( am also hungover today so feeling the need to be more healthy! blush)

redstrawberries101 Sat 27-Feb-16 14:34:37

Welcome welcome! smile

So I've just rubbed some almond oil into my scalp and hair and it feels good. Soo relaxing. Going to put a facemask on inabit and then get in the shower and have an all body exfoliation. I take vitamin c and a few other supplements on weekdays at work but don't bother on weekends. I figured that was fine. My beginners shred DVD arrived today but I haven't set the DVD player up in my bedroom. I might actually go and do it in the living room!

I had a can of Coke so failed on that front but I had a portioned lunch. No breakfast and not had any fruit yet but had peppers, mushrooms and leeks in my chicken pie at lunch. Does that count??

Destinysdaughter Sat 27-Feb-16 14:41:16

Any veggies count I think! ( except crisps and chips....)

AWONI Sat 27-Feb-16 15:25:50

Yay for the veggies! I've just had a kiwi which is more fruit/veg than I've had in days. Baby steps I suppose.

My list of things to do every day:

Body brush
Body moisturiser
More water less wine
Try and eat proper meals with actual vegetables and stuff rather than just toast.
Facial exercises
Some sort of exercise like C25K or DVDs

I already take vitamins and have decent skin care for my face so I'll just keep that up. Whoever said up thread about what you put in your body being as or more important than what you put on your skin - I totally agree. Just need to put my thoughts into action!

redstrawberries101 Sat 27-Feb-16 15:27:44

Oooo tell us about these facial exercises? I've developed a bit of a double chin and someone suggested facial exercises. Just don't know what exactly lol

AWONI Sat 27-Feb-16 15:46:26

Cheeky I have a book by Eva Fraser. Got it very cheaply from amazon and I like it. I'm rubbish at doing the exercises daily but I think I look sort of fresher when I do them regularly.

Destinysdaughter Sat 27-Feb-16 16:21:12

I've got her DVD but never played it!

One more thing to put on the list...

Inspired by the other thread, I'm having a sort out of my clothes. I've got way too many!

JemimaMuddledUp Sat 27-Feb-16 18:10:38

Marking place - I need to do this. I've lost just over a stone this year so far so am doing OK with the eating and exercise, but need to get my routines going again. I've also set myself the challenge to not wear jeans to work any more.

I'll be back with a list...

teacher1984 Sat 27-Feb-16 18:22:39

I'm in!

I love these threads!

Itsabloodymess Sat 27-Feb-16 18:35:37

Oooo how weird ive just been sat thinking about how i need to sort mi sen art 😄😄 im in!!! Will make list and be back

Jmangel Sat 27-Feb-16 20:03:44

Everything ladypriggsbottom said I am going to aim for too - starting tomorrow'

stumblymonkey Sat 27-Feb-16 20:15:01

Oooh...I'm in.

Have gotten a tiny bit lazy lately so this should set me straight again....so my list will be:

- Weekly face mask
- Weekly hair treatment
- Weekly manicure and pedicure
- Take my make up off every night blush
- Moisturise every day and night
- Get my hair cut!
- Slimming world (started 1.5 weeks ago)
- Go to boot camps
- Take my vitamins every day

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 27-Feb-16 20:35:59

No weddings (that I'm aware of grin ) but I'm 50 in June, DH is 50 in October (though he won't be Princessing )

I need to review my Countdown to Christmas List and see what I need to work on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now