Talk

Advanced search

Spring into Summer - Christian Prayer Thread

(848 Posts)
DutchOma Tue 17-May-11 20:18:36

It always amazes me to see the range of things we pray for: from praying for people with cancer at the one end of the range to praying for a lost telephone. With difficult mothers-in-law, marital difficulties and unfeeling fellow Christians all wrapped up in it somewhere.
And knowing with joyful certainty that God hears us all, that no request is too frivolous for Him and that He loves to hear our prayers.
So, I just want to pick out a few highlights to keep our prayers focussed:
We pray for Amberlight and Sweetestthing who are dealing with cancer. We commit the two of you to the care of our Lord and look forward to you sharing your progress with us. We are here for you, knowing how important praying friends are ? there is scientific evidence for this.

Then, there are a few of us struggling with health issues:- Madhairday and Gingercurl?s sister. I would also like to mention my dh, Bob, here. I so value your prayers because I find it very difficult to pray for myself and for him when the going gets tough.

BlackeyedSusan and Teaandcakeplease are both dealing with the break-up of their marriage and bringing up their children on their own. We pray for strength and also for the undivided support of the churches they belong to. Especially in BES? case we could wish for a bit more understanding.

With CazandBelle we rejoice over the latest scan and pray for peace of mind for the rest of the pregnancy. Do share your feelings with us Caz, if you are able.

PositiveAttitude brought two prayer requests concerning her dds. Dd2 was in a car crash a few weeks ago and really needed another car. Wonderfully, her boyfriend was able to come to her rescue. And dd3 lost her phone on a trip that was a miracle in itself after her recent illness. Here again, prayer was answered and a new phone supplied.

Dippy, we love you, thanks for prompting us to do a new summary. We grieve with you over the loss of friends, but rejoice over birthday parties and broody chickens.

Let?s pray.

PositiveAttitude Tue 17-May-11 20:32:41

Hi grin

amberlight Tue 17-May-11 20:34:24

Prayer aplenty, and for Mary's friend with brain pressure problems ...

madhairday Tue 17-May-11 21:05:01

Thankyou DO. I'm praying for Bob right now...

Praying for Mary's friend.

Thanks for praying for my mum. The op went really well and apparently her heart went back into rhythm on the first shock which is wonderful, she has come home tonight so doing well. smile

CaptainDippy Tue 17-May-11 21:52:08

Wonderful MHD smile

Oh, DO, thank you for your comment. I am completely blubbering now. I love you all too smile xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

gingercurl Tue 17-May-11 22:11:16

Thanks for the new thread DO

Amber, I like your approach of chasing people around the room with the policy grin . It is so much more constructive than what I do in those circumstances.

Prayers please for one of the leaders in a church I go to regularly. He and his wife are having serious marital problems and have separated while they work out what to do.

blackeyedsusan Tue 17-May-11 22:59:03

missed the start of the new thread ( again ) posted that I had prayed for crystal and madhairsmum (start typing and then go and put children to bed before posting)

<puts off going to wash poo off my best cushion and worse, making packed lunch>

blackeyedsusan Wed 18-May-11 07:29:33

oh, i forgot to say, thankyou dutchoma...

Has anyone heard from poppy?

MaryBS Wed 18-May-11 07:30:14

Thanks BES, its appreciated. That's good news about your mum MHD smile.

Also good news on Crystal, it was a change in medication rather than a deterioration in her condition which caused the problems, so she is home again and feeling better after having had her medication adjusted smile

DutchOma Wed 18-May-11 08:48:13

I sent a personal message to Poppy, but haven't heard back.
Good to hear about Crystal and MHD's mum.
Praying for Gingercurl's leaders and their problems. Praying that they will be able to sort things out with the help of Scripture and the Holy Spirit

madhairday Wed 18-May-11 11:29:55

Good news about Crystal Mary smile

Praying for Ginger's leaders.

Have messaged Poppy on FB but no reply, bit worried about her.

CaptainDippy Wed 18-May-11 19:02:05

Hello smile

MaryBS Wed 18-May-11 20:06:17

Hello smile

SweetestThing Wed 18-May-11 21:46:21

Hello, lovely thread.

Big scan tomorrow, with a lot resting on the results so please, if you can fit me into your prayers, I would be so grateful.

Thank you and love to you all.

PositiveAttitude Wed 18-May-11 22:04:09

Will definitely pray Sweetest. Where is it in your neck, is it in the parotid? Sorry if I am being nosey!

SweetestThing Wed 18-May-11 22:05:12

It is! I am scheduled to have a parotidectomy and a radical neck dissection. Are you a medic, perchance?

blackeyedsusan Wed 18-May-11 22:54:50

Have prayed sweetest. prayed that you and your dp/dcs will stay calm. that the drs will do a good job of treating you and that you ill be high as a kite pain free after the op.

whats a parotid?

PositiveAttitude Thu 19-May-11 07:10:34

Hi Sweetest, I was a nurse, but that is not why I asked. I had a parotidectomy in November last year. If you want to talk off-board please PM me. smile Have prayed for today for you. Is it an MRI scan today?

BES the parotid is a gland in your neck, sort of under your ear-ish area.

amberlight Thu 19-May-11 07:27:02

Much prayer...
Still feeling wobbly after yesterday's scary argument with someone. Please can I ask for another prayer?

PositiveAttitude Thu 19-May-11 07:37:51

Of course, Amber a prayer and a ((Hug)) smile

thejaffacakesareonme Thu 19-May-11 07:48:23

Sweetest and Amber - prayers for both of you.

DutchOma Thu 19-May-11 08:18:38

Sweetest and Amber, please be assured that you are in the Lord's care and that the Holy Spirit Himself is interceding for you before the throne of God.

madhairday Thu 19-May-11 08:59:42

Praying for you very much Sweetest and Amber.

I have my seekers group this morning - studying women in the old testament, today is a bit of a difficult passage (Miriam) but I don't want to avoid, I want to grapple, so please pray I don't completely mangle it!!

blackeyedsusan Thu 19-May-11 14:38:44

praying sweetest How did it go?

amber how are you today?

amberlight Thu 19-May-11 16:37:33

I'm really tired and still feel a bit sad about the situation yesterday. I know God is there and will help me with the answer, though.

More prayers for everyone...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now