Talk

Advanced search

Week 8 - Low Carb Bootcamp - uno dos tres weeks to go!

(135 Posts)
BIWI Mon 02-Dec-19 08:52:12

Nice bit of Spanglish to start the new thread!

Unfortunately I can’t find a way to link to the spreadsheet so I would be very grateful if someone could do that for me.

I'm away at my DB and SIL's right so haven’t had a chance to catch up with the week 7 thread, but hope everyone has been doing well, KOKOing and therefore seeing good results on the scales, with their clothes and/or with the tape measure.

—And before @StuntNun dobs me in I will confess to having fallen into pizza and fish and chips this weekend—

StuntNun Mon 02-Dec-19 09:02:54

What’s your plan for getting back on track BIWI?

BIWI Mon 02-Dec-19 09:08:48

Straight back on it today! Leaving this morning so back home to my own kitchen. I PROMISE 😁😇

BIWI Mon 02-Dec-19 09:10:47

oh look! I found out how to link it!

Rayna37 Mon 02-Dec-19 09:12:38

Well managed to lose last week's gain despite two hotel nights away so definitely have that discipline sorted. Usually steak, sauce and green veg in the evening, and a cooked breakfast with none of the carbs the next morning. However 124.4 was a miracle after all the stuff I had in the house while my parents have been staying (and I partook of to some extent Saturday evening/Sunday) and I saw the aesthetically pleasing 123.4lbs on Saturday, lowest this BC I think. I think think the best thing about this WOE might actually be the lack of crumbs around the kitchen, which have been back in force for the last few days!

BIWI I find as I enter into the spreadsheet on google sheets, which I don't generally use, I just go back into that and it appears when I need it. I do find it a black art though.

KOKO everyone!

Nonononon Mon 02-Dec-19 10:13:45

So after all that I said yesterday.. i failed again and ate some pick and mix style sweets and had a Chinese 😳 ffs.. it was like in my head I knew I was going to do it so was trying to convince myself that I wasn't.. but i had alreday subconsciously made the decision.
I feel awful today! I have a pounding head, I'm all swollen up, even my face is all puffy..it so wasn't worth it. Shit.
I probably could have gotten away with the Chinese as I didn't eat much of it. but the sweets?? Gah. Ok. It's done now so moving forward. (Pissed off that I now have to start this whole process again so will I have to go through keto flu/get fat adapted again??)
I WILL NOT be weighing in this week.
I'll stick to plan religiously and wait until next Monday for a weigh in.

Off to down some water to de-bloat.

ShagMeRiggins Mon 02-Dec-19 10:49:38

Stayed the same but I’m okay with it. Clothes feeling ridiculously loose and I’d bet a current measurement would show a nice change. Will see if I can be bothered today!

Now for some water...

venusandmars Mon 02-Dec-19 11:03:44

Stayed the same, again. I seem to have reached a place that my body likes to be. That's fine, and I've stayed there despite being away over the weekend visiting and a little limited in some of the choices I had. Plus definitely not drinking enough water because we were in a campervan on Saturday night - no way was I get up in the freezing weather to go for a wee! And yesterday was out walking. Ditto re peeing au naturel at temperatures of minus 4...

Having said that, I'm going back to the strict bootcamp rules for our final 3 weeks. It will help remind me so that when Christmas comes, the good choices will be imprinted on my brain.

Food today:
B - butter coffee
L - out, but I've looked at the menu and will have chicken with creamed leeks and a side of spinach
D - omelette with spinach, mushrooms, cheese

ShagMeRiggins Mon 02-Dec-19 11:08:54

Every time I feel impatient to get to healthy BMI -- that is, fit & healthy & drop dead gorgeous grin -- I remind myself of how far I've come.

56 lbs down, only 38 lbs to go.

Has it taken longer than I wanted? Yes, much longer.

Will I get there? Absofuckinglutely.

We underestimate the psychological reasons behind lack of weight loss; we wish we had a miracle cure to be fit; we forget how long we ignored ourselves and our health while we gained weight over years, sometimes decades.

Will we all get there? Absofuckinglutely.

KondoKonvert Mon 02-Dec-19 11:22:44

Wow @ShagMeRiggins! You've done a great thing for your health there. What an achievement already!

I've taken off last week's gain and another pound so I'm fine with that. If I can keep at a rate of 1lb per week, that'll take me to under 200lb.

secondchapter Mon 02-Dec-19 11:43:41

Hello peeps, I'm new here. I've been trying to do the wheat belly 10 day detox and have been off grain and sugar for a couple of weeks. Lost 6lb without really trying, not a lot of exercise and eating unrestricted calories as long as they don't have carbs in! How long is this boot camp lasting? I'm trying to lose at least a stone by the middle of January.

ShagMeRiggins Mon 02-Dec-19 11:44:28

Kondo, under 200 takes you to “One-derland” wink

Thanks for the encouraging words. Can’t tell you how much I HATE that first photo. It wasn’t at my heaviest, it was after I’d lost a bit of weight—maybe a stone—and I was actually feeling good until I saw this photo someone took of me.

Actually, the second photo is totally staged. I should probably have put up a like-for-like comparison but didn’t have a full length from the Before days.

Maybe I can find a recent sitting one. Seems unfair and not representational as it is!

ShagMeRiggins Mon 02-Dec-19 11:46:27

secondchapter we’re going officially for three more weeks then another Bootcamp in January at some point, but many keep the last Bootcamp thread active in the down time so hop on.

prettybird Mon 02-Dec-19 12:25:33

As I posted yesterday, after 3 weeks of STS sad (but still KOKO grin) I've finally started moving downwards again and have broken through the sticky stone barrier smile

I'm now 11stone 13lb. Not going to achieve the challenging target I'd set myself of 11st 3lb by Christmas (which is where I got to last year blush) but if I can lose another 6+lb by then, I'll be delighted smile

Will do a picture with my nice trousers tomorrow for comparison.

Hagbeth Mon 02-Dec-19 13:09:16

@ShagMeRiggins Fantastic! You're an inspiration! flowers

I don't know how I managed to lose 4.8lbs since we started. I'm very happy with my weight loss considering what a nightmare few weeks I had (family bereavement). They still haven't been able to source my HRT patches.

But.. the good news is, I feel fantastic!
I got so much energy and even the dreaded period week is so much better. Less fatigued and only one day of migraine ( I usually have it for three days sad).

I actually feel slimmer and lighter, especially around the waist. I know for sure that the carbs don't suit me and I was on low carb for years before I dropped it all when we went to US in 2017 (and gained 20lbs).
I don't know anymore if I want to go back on the HRT even if they can locate some!

I think it was a lot harder to get my head around it this time and get back into gear. I don't want to end up in this situation again and feel so unwell. I do think it makes me sick.

Other than that I've found the ultimate cure for frizzy, curly hair. I look like Goldielocks now! grin

Twit Mon 02-Dec-19 14:21:01

Hi all! Wow @ShagMeRiggins that's amazing, and well done to the other losers here. Also congratulations if you've stayed the same, you haven't gained any weight, which is also brilliant!
I made it to the 1 st loss! I look and feel way better and my clothes feel more comfortable now. I'm really pleased, especially as I had that bloat a while back.
I suspect that'll happen again, but its reassuring to see I can lose despite it.
Today I've eaten.
B: boiled egg
D: bacon and egg
T: lime & coconut chicken curry with spinach.
I've not done as well on my water so far, I've been really busy, but I'll have the 3 litres.

prettybird Mon 02-Dec-19 14:32:54

Just realised: I'm back to 3 stone off since I was my heaviest 2.5 years ago (as probably heavier but was in denial didn't weigh myself blush) - and a stone off since I fell off - and got back on - the wagon this year smile

So even if I am up on where I was this time last year, I should give myself a pat on the back for what I have achieved. halo

stayathomegardener Mon 02-Dec-19 14:47:52

Third wow! @ShagMeRiggins staged or not that's an impressive transformation.
Fell off the wagon myself this week with meals out away from home and Christmas markets am wondering if getting on track again is going to be hard.
On a positive note I'm giving lots of non favourite carby cookbooks to charity on the basis that this is a woe for life now. Might now get all our books in one bookcase...

LittleSwede Mon 02-Dec-19 15:06:30

Wow to ShagMeRiggins! That is amazing and you look fabulous!

I've been on the 'massive mouth ulcers, can't chew' diet for 6 weeks now, have anti inflammatory mouthwash now though so should improve soon. I only went off plan at lunch today though when I had a child's portion of macaroni cheese at the pub. Been having a lot of soup and omelettes.

LittleSwede Mon 02-Dec-19 15:06:59

6 weeks, I meant 6 days shock

absopugginglutely Mon 02-Dec-19 15:39:37

Wow shagmeriggins that’s amazing! Well done you!!
So encouraging to see concrete evidence of this woe working so well.
I had a strange week last week with very little time and lots of parties so water was a battle and I had a Baileys at a Christmas party.
I avoided all of the buffet though.
DH and I had a date last night and I swerved the papadums which he was very impressed by and just had a paneer starter and lamb meat ball type main, I even left the parsnip crisp thing which was hard to do. The raita dip tasted too sweet which was weird be side I thought it was just natural yoghurt and cucumber?

I had a small glass of merlot which was nice.

I’m going to weigh tomorrow because I forgot this morning.

I have a staff Xmas do on Friday and have said I won’t have dessert from the set menu just buttery mushrooms for starter and baked aubergines with feta and veg for main.
Does anyone know if a Bloody Mary is low carb?

I’m not letting myself have anything carby before I reach my target weight (10 stone by Xmas) because in December, there’s ALWAYS a reason/ excuse to eat those CFs.

Anyway we’ll done everyone for the losses this week, I hope to join you in the morning!

Today:
B: cream coffee
L: salmon and mushroom with scrambled egg and cream coffee
D: will be roast chicken with FLGV

ShagMeRiggins Mon 02-Dec-19 15:43:17

*staged or not that's an impressive transformation.

Hagbeth delighted to hear about your luscious curls.

LittleSwede go see a doctor. Six days is too long and whatever you’re doing isn’t working.

So even if I am up on where I was this time last year, I should give myself a pat on the back for what I have achieved.

Yes, prettybird, absolutely. That’s what I was trying to get across with the photos. It’s taken me longer than some, and at one point I gained back a stone of what I’d lost, similar to you. But crucially, I didn’t gain back the whole 3 stone 6 lbs that is lost, or gain even more, which is what so often happens with dieters, so I don’t consider this yo-yo dieting. It really is a WOE, but some periods I have strayed and gained, yet always with the thought in my head that carbs and sweets and crap is not my way of eating.

Actually, it’s given me a good insight into what I can do when I get to maintenance, so I’m not afraid of that phase.

As for the staged photo, I meant only in the sense that I was dressed in a way I loved, had full slap and hair, and was standing in reasonably flattering power pose, which will always be better than sitting down and leaning over etc. I didn’t use no tricks or filters, just a good pose! Which, given a choice, why wouldn’t you? grin

ShagMeRiggins Mon 02-Dec-19 15:46:22

Bloody Mary - roughly 11g according to Dr Google. Give it a miss and go for the soda with a splash of tomato juice/Tabasco sauce? No idea how that will taste but could be savoury enough to pass.

BIWI Mon 02-Dec-19 16:01:40

@ShagMeRiggins - wow, you've done brilliantly!

@LittleSwede I agree - I think you need to go and see the GP to deal with this.

@absopugginglutely I'd swerve the Bloody Mary if I were you - 100ml tomato juice has 2.7g carbs. That might sound like it's not a lot, but you'll get probably 150ml in a serving, and then there's always the chance that you'll have more than one!

@prettybird < < < > > > very big pat on the back!

Welcome @secondchapter! Make sure you read Bootcamp rules so you understand what you're supposed to be eating

eating unrestricted calories as long as they don't have carbs in

Bootcamp isn't a 'no carb' diet, it's a low carb one - and your carbs should be coming mainly from vegetables and salad (after the first two weeks, some fruit and nuts/seeds)

Have a good read of the resources on the spreadsheet too, so you can see more about Bootcamp and what we're about. But if you have any questions, just ask! Even though we finish Bootcamp in 3 weeks, we always keep a chat thread running in between Bootcamps. The next one will start at some point in January.

LittleSwede Mon 02-Dec-19 16:26:36

I did see the GP this morning as was feeling very fluey and achey with it too. She did say they ulcers are very large but didn't want to 'over react' in her own words confused so prescribed some anti inflammatory mouthwash which I've been swirling today. Never had anything like it. I suspect it might be stress related as having hard time pushing fir support for DD at school.

I really don't want to give up on this WOE though but it is hard when feeling so run down and most of my day to day low carb recipes include cooking and chewing. Am intending to get back on wagon tomorrow. Didn't actually enjoy the macaroni cheese as much as would have enjoyed a juicy ribeye steak with buttered vegetables, which is a nice realisation!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »