Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

TTC #2 - March BFPs

(335 Posts)
Cariad2017 Fri 23-Feb-18 19:54:57

If you’re ttc #2 and due your AF/ BFP in March then this is the bus for you.

For my sins, I’m a bit of a veteran of the ttc circuit, and ironically if we get a BFP this month, my EDD is likely to be DS’s 3rd Birthday. Stats are as follows:

Cycle: 18 (without a hint of a BFP - yawn)
AF due: 15 March
DS: Aged 2

Desperately hoping to invoke the law of sod this month as we have a fertility clinic appointment on 26 March to get the ball rolling on IVF. You have no idea how much I’d love to cancel it!

MynameisJune Fri 23-Feb-18 21:08:07

Hello!

Another cycle, another thread confused

Moving over from the Feb bus seeing as af has been and gone now.

Stats are -

Cycle 14 of TTC and goodness knows of ntnp. Early loss Oct 17.
Af due 9th March
DD age 2

If no bfp here by April we’ll be heading to a private clinic as well for testing and IVF/IUI.

HidCat Fri 23-Feb-18 21:48:32

Hi, trying for #2 after early MC in Jan. still waiting for 1st AF but sure she won't be long.
Age 35
TTC #2
Cycle 1 (post MC)
AF due sometime in the next 2-3week
DS Age 4

Good luck ladies!

curliegirlie Fri 23-Feb-18 22:26:44

@Cariad2017 @mynameisjune hoping very much that the law of sod works for you both. My DD was conceived a couple of weeks after our first fertility clinic appointment grin

LopeyLopez Sat 24-Feb-18 07:11:49

Hi again! Thanks cariad for the new thread.

I'm 5 dpo this cycle so not too long to go now. This month marks 1 year of properly TTC.

We also have a fertility app booked (20th March) and DH sperm analysis is in April. Hoping Sod's law will kick in for us too!!

Here are my stats:

Age 37
DS is 2
TTC #2 properly since March 2017; ntnp since Sept 2015!
Cycle 13
BFP due 4th March

Good luck all for spring bfp's ❤️x

havingiraffe Sat 24-Feb-18 12:32:17

My stats are pretty much the same as LopeyLopez.
Fingers crossed we become due date twins!
I'm not feeling that optimistic though so I think I'll probably be out this thread pretty soon.

stats:

Age 35
DD: 2.5
Cycle: 3
AF due: Sun 4 Mar

When do you all plan to do your first test?

FountainOfYouth Sat 24-Feb-18 13:27:03

Hello all, can I join in:

Cycle: 1
AF due: 11 March
DS: Aged 2 (he'll be 3 in 2 weeks time)

I would love another baby before I hit 40 in January, that birthday feels like a ticking time bomb.

DTD Thursday night, had ovulation pain last night (Friday). Still some cervical mucus today, normally I don't after the ovulation pain has passed. Going to be a long 2 weeks.
Only new in a job so hoping if I get pregnant they won't have a problem with it, you know the way it can be when you are new. We are also building a house, planning to move in end of summer. So it's all going on.
Best of luck to you all smile

YassQueen Sat 24-Feb-18 20:05:04

Hello smile I was on these threads last year under a different name. Took a bit of a break from TTC and went back to NTNP. Just had a miscarriage and it's made us realise how much we want another baby so we are fully back on the TTC wagon again.

DD is almost 4
Cycle 1 post-mc (mc at 6 weeks earlier this month)
BFP due: not sure when; we're just going to DTD and hope for the best this month.

Funkyemzie Sat 24-Feb-18 20:23:04

I'm hoping to be on this bus, currently still in last few days of MC bleed at 10+4 weeks. I'm hoping to catch ovulation to be in with a chance this month.

My stats are Age 36, TTC #2, cycle 1 after MC last week.

Very sad still but looking forward to the sex tbh, I wrapped myself in bloody cotton wool, the irony!! 😉 Anyway, it's good to see some familiar names (or not so good should I say) and some new names. Fx to everyone this month!!! 💖

loulou82 Sat 24-Feb-18 22:27:03

Hey, hopping onto March. Had a chemical in Jan and BFN in Feb.

TTC #2
Age 35
Cycle 3
CD3

Hoping this is our month!

Secondtimelucky1980 Sun 25-Feb-18 11:07:35

HI all,

Can I join?

Funky I am so sorry for your loss. I've had five MCs and I know how painful they are but it is great that you are TTC again!

We are TTC our second baby too after a MC in Dec. It's our second cycle after the MC so fingers crossed.

xx

Cariad2017 Sun 25-Feb-18 12:51:50

Sending enormous hugs to all those who’ve suffered losses. This ttc malarkey can definitely put you through the wringer.

So sorry to see you back here Funky. I shall be keeping everything crossed that your journey this time round will be short and sweet, and that your sticky BFP is just around the corner.

Cariad2017 Sun 25-Feb-18 12:55:33

Thank you Curlie. I’ve tried to invoke the law of sod so many times now that I’m starting to think it might never happen, but we’ll see... How are things going with you?

Waves back at Lopey and Mynameis. In the nicest possible way, I do wish we could stop riding these endless ttc buses together, so I shall keep everything crossed that March is your month (whether that be for conception or that final sticky BFP). 🤞🍀🤞🍀

Cariad2017 Sun 25-Feb-18 12:58:59

Welcome back Yass. Sorry you find yourself in the ttc zone again Hid. I really hope this is a lucky bus for us all. Goodness knows, I think most of us deserve it!

LopeyLopez Sun 25-Feb-18 17:49:48

Oh Funky so sorry to see you back here. I remember congratulating you on your bfp. But great to see you ttc again and I love your positive attitude.

6 dpo for me. Horrible lower back ache, same as I have had around this time for months. I'd love to forget about things to make the tww go quicker, but the physical symptoms I get just make it impossible!

👋waves back at Cariad ....yeah, I think the same! Which we didn't have to keep meeting like this!! 😳😂

BadBadBeans Sun 25-Feb-18 20:09:10

Ahhh I wasn't going to jump on this early, but sod it: hello!

TTC#2
Age: 33 (genuinely had to stop and work that out then - worrying!)
Cycle: 1
AF due: Roughly 8th - 10th March
DS 1.5

So, we got very lucky first time round and conceived DS in the first week of trying. I don't feel as optimistic this time but I'm not sure why! Maybe just feel it is unlikely for it to be that easy twice? My periods aren't massively regular - cycles usually between 27 and 33 days long. So I'm a bit hazy about when ovulation would happen. Going for reasonably regular DTD to begin with; see where that gets us.

Sorry to hear about all those who have suffered losses.

havingiraffe I will wait until at least the 10th March to test, which is when AF is roughly due. With DS I tested at 12dpo and the test was negative. Pulled it out of the bin 2 days later and there was a second line! Took another later that day which was a faintish positive but my husband just didn't believe me and refused to get excited about it. I was totally crushed, having to be excited all by myself. So this time I would like to wait long enough so that if it is positive, the line will be strong!

Bambamber Sun 25-Feb-18 20:28:10

Hello everyone!

DD 10.5 months
Cycles are non existent (literally)

More EWCM today a long with another positive OPK yesterday. So every 2 weeks for the past 3+ months I've been thinking I've finally started ovulated again. Not getting my hopes up this time, DTD this morning just on the off chance and will count tomorrow as 1dpo. I was feeling very optimistic earlier, feeling like I may actually have ovulated this time. Then I remembered that s how I felt 2 weeks ago, and the 2 weeks before that, and the 2 weeks before that..... grin

Wackadoodle84 Sun 25-Feb-18 21:11:53

Hello all,

Going to tag along if that's ok,

Age 33
Cycle #1
AF due on 3rd March
DD 1&2 8yrs old

Took 5 years and Clomid to get pregnant with my ddts aged 8 so really hoping for an easier ride this time! We've been putting off trying again for one reason or another over last 3 years, sorting house, jobs etc. and last month we just thought sod it, let's go for it! Still not exactly sure how we will manage things when we do have another one but just know we really do want another dc so am sure it'll all work out

Funkyemzie Sun 25-Feb-18 21:14:26

Aww you guys are so lovely, this is why I come on these forums, it's not just the information you get, its the 100% support, you're all like a big hug! 😍

Who's in the TWW already? I'm not even sure I'll be ovulating this month but worth a check eh. 🤗

BadBadBeans Sun 25-Feb-18 21:20:22

Hi Bamb!

I'm TWWing already Funky! Guessing I would have ovulated somewhere around last Thursday. I've already lost track of when we've DTD. I know we did on Thursday, and I know we did last night, and I think we did in between the two, but can't remember when! Life is one big blur when you have a teething toddler hmm I'm useless. Thinking about getting a fertility app to help me keep track of dates... Anyone have any recommendations?

BadBadBeans Sun 25-Feb-18 21:20:57

Oo hello Wacka - missed your post!

Peanut1980 Sun 25-Feb-18 23:58:34

Thanks for setting u the new thread. I was going to have two months off but one month off and I’m back in the game 😜

Age 38
DS 4
Cycle 12
AF due 19th March

@funkyemzie I’m so sorry to hear of your miscarriage 😘

Good luck everyone xxx

Peanut1980 Mon 26-Feb-18 00:02:40

@cariad2017 out of curiosity how long has it taken for you to get your appointment to start IVF? I mentioned it to my husband over the weekend and thought he’d say no but surprisingly he agreed to pursue that if we don’t have any luck within the next 2-4 months. Feeling slightly relieved that we have another option on the horizon if it doesn’t happen naturally xx

Cariad2017 Mon 26-Feb-18 07:38:18

Peanut - I’m not sure whether you’ eve had any fertility tests done yet but the starting point is usually to go to your GP and request the basic Day 3-5 and Day 21 blood tests (which check whether you’re ovulating) as well as a sperm analysis (your OH is likely to need to make an appointment to arrange this separately). You should be entitled to these tests after 6 months of ttc once you turn 35.

What happens next depend on where you live in the country (as it’s very much a postcode lottery). IVF is typically not available anywhere to those who have children already, but you might find that alongside the basic blood tests, the NHS will happily do a transvaginal ultrasound to check for cysts/ fibroids and to give them
an idea of your antral follicle count (which is one of the metrics for egg reserves) quite quickly.

I’ve typically found that private fertility clinics will see you quite quickly (as it is in their interests to make appointments available). Most clinics might want to do some further tests and might also want tou to give IUI a whirl before jumping to IVF, but in short if you go privately you will be seen quickly, and I’d Imagine that anyone walking into an IVF clinic today would easily manage to start treatment within less than 6 months (and in all likelihood an even shorter timeframe than that) if that’s what they really wanted.

Good luck - I really hope you manage a sticky BFP without needing to resort to IVF. Xx

Cariad2017 Mon 26-Feb-18 07:45:15

Apologies for the typos - I should really have proof-read that! Just to add that for IVF you’ll need HIV tests etc. which your fertility clinic will advise on and which you can have done on the NHS. These (from memory) need to be re-run on a 6 monthly basis...

My key message would be that there are quite a lot of tests they’ll want you to have before advising on the best treatment so even with a good wind behind you, the process won’t be super speedy. That having been said, it should give you plenty of extra time to conceive naturally...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: