Talk

Advanced search

Irritated, irritable and irritating. AIBU to be tolerant in RL and tell them to get fucked on this thread.

(820 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

fuckinghellthisshit Sat 18-Apr-20 16:11:12

IABU. Unreasonable and I know it.

I am just so fucking irritated at the moment. Everything is grinding my gears. DD's constant fucking exercising, DS leaving his shit everywhere, DH's following me around and just fucking breathing everywhere.
I am being a model of kindness and tolerance but I do wish every bastard one of them would fuck off.

And face timing my DGM97 every day at exactly 6pm to watch her slowly lose her shit (she's been in lockdown for 6 weeks already) and become unkempt is horrendous. Arguing with her for hours about politics (she lives for these debates and asks for robust challenging - good for her mh she says) is exhausting. I just want to lie down, I don't care what Mark fucking Steel is saying today - he can get fucked too.

My mean GD97 who has been living in isolation for 40 years and never wanted a visit or call but suddenly needs the warmth and kindness of his family - well the women in his family, and I am especially sought after as the busiest person. Fuck you mean old man, you are alone for a reason! you made your miserable lonely bed now lie in it!

My normally sane DM is in full lunatic mode, needing constant love and reassurance, leave me alone! I am your child! What about me! Why not rind one of my many bastarding twat brothers. And stop cooking for 12-18 people - there are only 2 of you there - that's why you're getting so fat - not stress hormones.

My tribe of idiot brothers who all refused to accept there was any problem and spouted full Trump rhetoric until my DGM's neighbour died and then had massive mantrums demanding I send them all food. Get fucked!
I love these people so very much. I also loved my small business and working, and being on my own a bit. I care so much, but I want a break and a vent. So here, in the safety of MN, I will tell them all to get fucked.

Thank you, I feel so much better now.

Washyourhandsyoufilthyanimal Sat 18-Apr-20 16:14:44

You are 100% not being unreasonable

fuckinghellthisshit Sat 18-Apr-20 16:15:59

Thank you. I do genuinely feel better.
Anyone else fancy a rat about your annoying loved ones?

fuckinghellthisshit Sat 18-Apr-20 16:16:07

*rant

KellyHall Sat 18-Apr-20 16:17:17

You've just taken everything in my head and written it down! 👏👏👏

Flamingnorahs Sat 18-Apr-20 16:18:16

You are most certainly NOT being unreasonable! Glad you feel better. Good to have a wee rant!

GinDrinker00 Sat 18-Apr-20 16:19:26

Can we get an amen in here? 😂👏🏻

CCaK Sat 18-Apr-20 16:20:08

Why do they need you to send them food?!

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Sat 18-Apr-20 16:20:18

Definitely not being unreasonable. Give your daughter things to do, your son also - and certainly your husband. They will almost certainly swerve you if you do - and that will give you some much-need peace! They can also pick up some of the family load because these are their relatives also.

You need to be a bit more unavailable - or a LOT more. Find yourself a place in your home where you are not to be disturbed - and make sure all are aware of it. Your own mental health is more important because everybody is taking care of their own by dumping responsibility for it on you. That's not on.

Crunched Sat 18-Apr-20 16:22:26

You sound like you are providing a great service to your family. flowers
Rant away.

Toilenstripes Sat 18-Apr-20 16:23:09

I fucking loved reading that 😂

fuckinghellthisshit Sat 18-Apr-20 16:24:48

@CCaK I live on a smallholding so we have a lot of our own food, which you know, we pay for and work hard to produce and carefully plan and store. But they all start "I need 1/2 a lamb" "We need vegetables" "Can you put 2 dozen eggs aside" "have you still got frozen fruit"
Get fucked you fucking fuckers.
They never normally want our stuff because it's 'boring' but come a global pandemic I am supposed to empty my carefully stocked freezer into their shopping bags for free. They can fuck right off.

SDTGisAnEvilWolefGenius Sat 18-Apr-20 16:26:20

The bit that really chimes with me is the bastard dh breathing everywhere. My dh breathes at me in bed at night, and (selfishly) objects when I want to tuck the duvet firmly over his face. Can’t think why. It might be better if he brushed his bastarding teeth before bedtime. I have mentioned this, but can’t say it again, because I don’t want to be a nag.

And there are PEOPLE in my house. People everywhere. Dh usually works away a lot, and I have got used to having several days a week all on my own - we have three dses but two have graduated and moved away to start work, and ds3 was doing his degree, working as a waiter and spending time with his girlfriend. Now dh is working from home, and ds3 came back before lockdown, and they are here every day.

I can’t watch trashy tv or have beans on toast for supper - I have to watch things we will all enjoy, and cook proper meals. Dh does do his fair share of cooking - probably more than his fair share, but I have to do all the planning and do the supermarket order, and I am sick of the mental load.

Plus I sleep badly at the best of times (I never get to sleep before 2.30am) but that is getting worse at the moment, and it was 3.30am last night and 4.30am the night before - and then I sleep like I am stunned (and have vivid and upsetting anxiety dreams) in the morning - so I have no tolerance whatsoever.

Ohhh that felt good. Thank you @Washyourhandsyoufilthyanimal.

Lindy2 Sat 18-Apr-20 16:26:55

Perfectly reasonable to rant away. It sounds like you are holding it all in, in real life a lot more than I could.

I know it's a cliche but make sure you get some quiet time to yourself. Go for a walk, alone, clear your head and leave them to their annoyingness for a while.

SDTGisAnEvilWolefGenius Sat 18-Apr-20 16:28:28

Even the fucking cat (aka CatBastard) won’t leave me alone - he wants to stand on my chest, with his bum in my face, and I want to rant on my iPad. The two are not compatible.

fuckinghellthisshit Sat 18-Apr-20 16:28:42

@LyingWitchInTheWardrobe - they have chores and tbf are very good. DS makes the fire and hoovers every day, DD makes an elaborate meals for dinner and bakes every single day - it's like living with a young Nigella Lawson. I am getting a fatter thou, so that irritates me even thou it's my fault for having no will power. Regarding DC I am being unreasonable.

DH thou? Jesus. So much noise. Just sighing and sniffing and coughing. I have sent him on a fools errands to move some big frisky ram lambs that don't need moving. That'll keep the twat busy and tire him out.

Hoppinggreen Sat 18-Apr-20 16:28:45

Can I join in?
No mother just because you are technically allowed to do something and think you are so clever to have found a loophole this will NOT stop you getting Corona, Corona does not give a shiny shit about your loophole
And the new IPad that we bought you and DH brought across (against his better judgement but I persuaded him) has not been “set up wrong” by (IT consultant) DH. And he wasn’t being silly and stubborn when he refused to come in the kitchen for a cuppa, he was trying to keep you safe as if you catch this virus you are unlikely to recover due to your many other health conditions.
And yes I genuinely have not been anywhere other than the supermarket or to take the dog for a walk, I have not met my friends and neither have the Dc, and yes we will be continuing to behave in this “ ridiculous way” until it is safe to do otherwise. No, we haven’t visited MIL either.

RoryGilmoree Sat 18-Apr-20 16:30:42

Amen OP winegincakethanks

thegcatsmother Sat 18-Apr-20 16:31:16

I go and shut myself in the loo with the seat down and window open, lock the door, and read for 20 minutes or do. we have two loos, so there are alternatives. I am missing my 'me' time too.

fuckinghellthisshit Sat 18-Apr-20 16:32:30

@SDTGisAnEvilWolefGenius The "watching what everyone enjoys" is a real fucking challenge isn't it? Fuck that. We have a rotation where we each choose a film to watch together every night. DH, the twat, feels this is time to educate DC on "the classics" and I want to remind him that he refused to watch 'The Godfather' until he was 35 because it 'looked. boring'.
I chose live action Lady and the Tramp last night - that showed him! Ha! grin

Mumski45 Sat 18-Apr-20 16:32:55

Can I have a rant about DS1 (14). Yesterday I worked 10 hours at my computer starting at 6am with a very short break for lunch. He got up at midday. At 5pm he came in from his daily walk to the kitchen saying he was hungry I told him there were pizzas in the freezer for tea. I asked him to see what everyone else wanted and put stuff in oven. Not difficult. He tried to tell me he was just going to do his own so I have to admit I got annoyed. I keep a lid on it as teenage boys are not the most reasonable people in the world and I don't want to start an argument but wtf. Would it really hurt him to put stuff in the oven for everyone?

carriebreadshaw Sat 18-Apr-20 16:34:13

Brilliant OP.

For me it's the constant FaceTiming. I hate FaceTiming. And the inevitable "what are your plans today then" from DM every fucking day!!

I HAVE NO PLANS! Same as every other fucking day! What does she want? "Oh I'm going to lunch in town then expect I'll take in a museum and perhaps later on I'll have some friends round for supper - we'll be eating something other than PASTA perhaps I'll have a chef come and prepare it"

DD asking if her boyfriend can come over each morning is also enjoyable 🙄 if I'm not getting any dick, neither are you missy!

Ooh that did feel good

winterinmadeira Sat 18-Apr-20 16:35:11

I hear you OP. YADNBU.

fuckinghellthisshit Sat 18-Apr-20 16:36:02

@Hoppinggreen please do join in.

Does MIL have facetime. Oh such a joy.

Talking DGM97 thru washing her own hair for the first time in 30 years via facetime was a particular treat. Especially when she cried and said the shampoo was in her eyes and all on her neck and in her bra.
Oh god, I just want to see my DGM and do her hair and also never speak to her ever again. sad

fuckinghellthisshit Sat 18-Apr-20 16:37:27

@Mumski45 Rant away. Teenagers are not meant to spend this much time with their parents. It is a totally unnatural situation.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »