Talk

Advanced search

Who wants a whole street parking thread? Bring popcorn, it's a long one!

(921 Posts)
originalcatlady Tue 28-Jan-20 20:24:50

See diagram below. I WFH and have no life but I'm pretty sure this will be entertaining to the Mumsnet parking thread folk!

House A, no car but X denotes the allocated disabled spot so he can be collected via a side entrance from his house.
House B, one car, has to park with car door level with front door, meaning she always uses space 1&2. Most people are afraid to park here. If someone does, she parks touching their bumper, in some kind of laying down the law attempt and stands there shouting "who's is this?" and similar nonsense.
House C, one car but not usually home, so is either forced to park in space X or further along from X, where there are two spaces in front of a garage.
House D, one car. Usually gets home first so gets space 3.
House E, house with drive.
House F, car but no drive. Usually parks in space 4.
House G, H, I, J have drives.
House K have two cars and no drive. They have been frequently told they are taking over the street and are not allowed to park in space 5, as it blocks house Gs drive and does not allow House F to park in space 4. I do point out that this has the same impact as house F parking in space 4 on me, but apparently not.
House L, house with drive (me).
House M, drive but no car.
House N, house with drive.

Houses B, F, G and M frequently have street gossips/meetings/bitching sessions declaring that people who haven't lived here for a billion years like them, are taking over, who do they think they are, they can't just park where they like etc etc.

So, if you're still with me, this brings me to today. In a spectacular turn of events, house K, who give no shits about fake parking laws, have parked in space 4. Their other car is further along in front of garage, as well as an unknown car.

House F have now come home parked kind of across both X and space 1 (basically leaving house Bs usual space for them). They are watching non stop to ensure they get their space back.

Very unusually, house C is home and has parked in space 2.

So. There is no space left in the street and house B, the most precious and hysterical have nowhere to park. They will return at 10pm.

This actually keeps me entertained daily. Sad I know.

originalcatlady Tue 28-Jan-20 20:26:31

Diagram

Waveysnail Tue 28-Jan-20 20:27:17

Sounds like my parents street but they dont have any drives

originalcatlady Tue 28-Jan-20 20:27:51

I love it. Provides daily laughs. Thought I'd share 🤣

Espoleta Tue 28-Jan-20 20:30:22

I can’t see the diagram!

Retroflex Tue 28-Jan-20 20:30:27

Is it bad that I'm currently gutted that I can't see the diagram? gringringrin

BohoBunney Tue 28-Jan-20 20:30:51

Can’t see a diagram and lost track after house b tbh 🙈

FenellaVelour Tue 28-Jan-20 20:32:10

No diagram OP!

BettaSplenden Tue 28-Jan-20 20:32:59

Sounds nuts. Wish I could see the diagram sad

originalcatlady Tue 28-Jan-20 20:33:02

Diagram is in my second post!

WhatchaMaCalllit Tue 28-Jan-20 20:33:29

Go on to the App. You'll see the diagram there. It's so simple and clearly drawn.
So we're waiting for B to return and watch all hell breaking loose?

originalcatlady Tue 28-Jan-20 20:33:59

We are indeed 

Doidoit19 Tue 28-Jan-20 20:34:11

Aargh where's the diagram?! No popcorn but I have Maltesers. In a bag not a box though.

DartmoorDoughnut Tue 28-Jan-20 20:34:48

Diagram wine

originalcatlady Tue 28-Jan-20 20:35:27

Diagram again

FromTheAllotment Tue 28-Jan-20 20:35:51

Pulling up my chair, opening the wine, offering round the popcorn. I am feeling like shit with a cold and SO here for this.

But also can’t see your diagram. Love the summary though.

Meemm Tue 28-Jan-20 20:35:54

Omg amazing. grin

Fiveletters Tue 28-Jan-20 20:37:22

Oh I am so in for this!

originalcatlady Tue 28-Jan-20 20:37:57

I’ve come onto the desktop site to add the diagram again. Hope it works this time.

TigerOnATrain Tue 28-Jan-20 20:38:09

@originalcatlady

I lost interest about 30 words in.

And I see no diagram.

Nothing to see here.

SleepWarrior Tue 28-Jan-20 20:38:29

I can't see the diagram either but you've described it well. B sounds like a nightmare!

ChristmasSweet Tue 28-Jan-20 20:39:49

Can't see the diagram either. But I can't wait til b gets home. grin

Urkiddingright Tue 28-Jan-20 20:41:50

I’m so glad we have a drive, I bet you are too grin.

B sounds like a nightmare!

mintoreo Tue 28-Jan-20 20:41:52

I can see the diagram! Looking forward to an update when neighbour arrives home!

originalcatlady Tue 28-Jan-20 20:43:15

@Urkiddingright so glad! Not sure I'd be finding it so amusing if I didn't 

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »