Talk

Advanced search

To think it's a bit manky to spend Xmas Day in your pyjamas

(353 Posts)
TheOliphantintheRoom Sat 21-Dec-19 08:59:08

Or PJs/jammies as people call them on here.

Are these the new PJs from the Christmas Eve box that you've slept in all night or do you shower and put a fresh pair on?

It's not exactly a John Lewis tableau is it? Parents and children tucking into their turkey/nut roast in their manky nightwear. Have a shower and get dressed you lazy beggars!

OP’s posts: |
Babybel90 Sat 21-Dec-19 09:05:07

It’s not really your problem though is it?

ItchySeveredFoot Sat 21-Dec-19 09:07:00

How are your pajamas getting so manky?

TheOliphantintheRoom Sat 21-Dec-19 09:07:22

Not my problem but lots of manky MNetters do it so it's worthy of a discussion.

OP’s posts: |
ThunderboltandLightning Sat 21-Dec-19 09:09:57

biscuit

AltheaVestr1t Sat 21-Dec-19 09:11:07

We do get dressed into nice clothes, but I’d be very happy to slob about in my PJs to be honest. Each to their own! X

goingtoneedabiggercar Sat 21-Dec-19 09:12:48

I usually wear something njce(ish) but this year with what will be 5 week old DS we fully intend to get up, shower and put clean PJ's in and just lounge. Means when I inevitably need a nap I'm dead comfy.

ALemonyPea Sat 21-Dec-19 09:13:46

My manky DC stay in their pyjamas every Christmas Day if we are not going out. They love it, little filthy beasts what they are.

Pardonwhat Sat 21-Dec-19 09:14:58

I wasn’t going to spend this Christmas in PJs but I’m tempted now.
It’s comfy, hardly ‘dirty’ and if you’re staying at home - why the fuck not!?

coragreta Sat 21-Dec-19 09:15:04

How are they dirty? You've done nothing in them. Also I have been known to wear the same trousers two days in a row and I hate to think what you'd do if I told you how often I wash my bra!

SlightlyStaleCocoPops Sat 21-Dec-19 09:15:22

Do you only own one pair of pyjamas OP?

Thurmanmurman Sat 21-Dec-19 09:16:27

Each to their own but I wouldn't. I get dressed up, do make up and hair then I'm ready to hit the kitchen, cooking my turkey in a party dress! Quite strange now I think about it really but I like to look nice on Christmas day.

Fizzypoo Sat 21-Dec-19 09:16:43

YANBU

I love a pyjama day, but not on christmas day.

GiveMeAllTheGin8 Sat 21-Dec-19 09:16:48

Yabu
One year out of my 36 Christmases so far I showered and got in to new pjs. I loved it. It has been the only year when I haven’t been rushing around either preparing dinner and getting children sorted to go to family’s houses.
Loved it

TwoOddSocks Sat 21-Dec-19 09:16:54

I prefer to get dressed but I totally get how people could do this and can't imagine having a problem with it.

Wonderland18 Sat 21-Dec-19 09:18:06

If I’m in my house I’m in my jammies. I mean not this Christmas as I’ll be cooking and don’t want food and stuff on my comfies.

Let’s be honest people am an wear what they want.

IncrediblySadToo Sat 21-Dec-19 09:19:21

No, it’s really not worthy of discussion. Why are you trying to wind people up, it’s not like it’s not a stressful enough time of year without you being a gf. Leave other people to do what makes them happy & Nyon, it does affect you in the slightest!

Oh & I'm not being defensive as I don’t spend the day in my sleepwear - given I sleep in my birthday suit, everyone will be thankful for that!

LL83 Sat 21-Dec-19 09:19:23

How dirty do you get sleeping?

Do you never wear the same clothes or jammies twice?

What harm can come from being so dirty for one day?

Also I have never heard of anyone doing this.

TooExtraImmatureCheddar Sat 21-Dec-19 09:19:35

Personally I like to lounge in pyjamas until after brunch, and then get dressed. Best of both worlds?

I have a taffeta miniskirt with elastic waistband for Christmas dinner!

anxioussue Sat 21-Dec-19 09:19:57

It doesn't matter and isn't your business anyway

Imustbemad00 Sat 21-Dec-19 09:20:31

As a kid I used to get dressed up. As an adult, since I’ve stayed in my home home I don’t really bother. I tend to stay in pj’s most
Of the day (the ones I slept in) and probably around midday, after being up since 6 I’ll chuck a tracksuit
Or something on. Like to be comfortable to lounge around.

GenuineKlatchianPottery Sat 21-Dec-19 09:21:29

Good job I haven’t invited you then.
Me and DD are looking forward to spending the day in our new PJs, dressing gowns and slippers! We’ll have a lovely bath in the morning, using our new smellies, then a facial and nails while eating Quality St.
Mind your new judgey pants don’t give you a wedgie.

YouJustDoYou Sat 21-Dec-19 09:23:36

No, it's absolutely heavenly.

CakeandCustard28 Sat 21-Dec-19 09:24:31

I’m jealous wish I could stay in my PJs all day for a day, but have to set a good example for my kids about getting dressed otherwise they’d refuse to get dressed every day. angry it’s only manky when people don’t get showered and put on a new pair really.

CherryPavlova Sat 21-Dec-19 09:24:46

Each to their own.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in