Talk

Advanced search

What's happening to Phillip Schofield?

(332 Posts)
ridiculousridiculousness Sat 07-Dec-19 13:45:39

It seems like the stories about the old silver fox are ramping up. Feel like there's more mileage in this one that we know...

Jumpi Sat 07-Dec-19 13:47:52

It’d be great to not see him present every other show on itv. It’s about time they got some new people in, he creeps me out.

PulyaSochsup Sat 07-Dec-19 13:49:24

I hope not. He brings back many happy childhood memories. I suppose his success could have created some resentment amongst other presenters. I do think there were genuine issues with Fern Britton though, she was very talented and hardworking. The pay disparity must have been a bitter pill indeed.

DobbyTheHouseElk Sat 07-Dec-19 13:50:24

?

Butchyrestingface Sat 07-Dec-19 13:51:59

I haven’t heard any recent rumours. I take it you mean stories of an unpleasant nature?

I did first hear rumours about PS back in 2002, which were definitely not pleasant.

whatiswrongwithmee Sat 07-Dec-19 13:51:58

I think he comes across so fake. And yes, I'm sick of seeing him and holly willoughby and their silly giggling all over my tv. Maybe these story's will be a good thing!

Awwlookatmybabyspider Sat 07-Dec-19 13:52:57

“It’s nice to see him not presenting every other show on TV.”
I agree.

My dad used to sing about him.
“He’s here.
He’s there.
He’s every fuckin’ where
Schofield Schofield”
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

thaegumathteth Sat 07-Dec-19 13:52:59

What stories?

Evilmorty Sat 07-Dec-19 13:53:32

I don’t like him. Never have.

There was one moment at the very start of the jimmy saville allegations where he was very rude and accusatory to a victim on TM. Saying that he’s been in the BBC corridors and it just wasn’t possible. I went totally off him in that moment and everything about him now just compounds that feeling.

MustardScreams Sat 07-Dec-19 13:56:16

He can get to fuck after the Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson interview. What a joke that was.

EnthusiasmIsDisturbed Sat 07-Dec-19 13:56:22

Oh is he having a tantrum about working with women who are more intelligent than he is rather than simpering pretty sidekicks

How can this set up still be on TV it’s nearly 2020 ffs

Fern Britton was far more intelligent and professional than he could ever dream to be but that wasn’t deemed better for audiences hmm

BumbleBeee69 Sat 07-Dec-19 13:56:24

Never liked the smug over rated slimy wee Cretin...

TidyDancer Sat 07-Dec-19 13:56:35

I think one of the stories was about Ruth Langsford making an official complaint and a number of other presenters on TM doing similar, the implication was that two of them were Gino and Rylan. I can't remember what PS was supposed to have done though.

DartmoorChef Sat 07-Dec-19 13:56:51

He's become so smug and full of himself. I cringe when I see the drunk selfie videos he upoads to social media. He's really not as funny as he thinks he is.

PulyaSochsup Sat 07-Dec-19 13:57:24

Evilmorty that’s really shocking, particularly since JS’s behaviour was an open secret at the BBC shock

Unusualusernames Sat 07-Dec-19 13:59:12

Totally agree. I've really gone off him after the way he spoke to Jeremy Corbyn the other day. I don't believe he would have challenged Boris about actual racist comments he has made. I won't look at him the same now.

dottiedodah Sat 07-Dec-19 13:59:59

Seems to have been some sort of rift behind the scenes ,Ruth has made a formal complaint about him apparently .Can take or leave him really .He always comes over well ,but probably different when you have to work with him I guess!

TheQueef Sat 07-Dec-19 14:01:10

We buy any car ads are hopefully a sign his star is waning.
Always preferred Andy Crane personally, I think Gordon carried Phil in that closet.

Butchyrestingface Sat 07-Dec-19 14:01:26

That tweet was pathetic, the big bloody wean.

Evilmorty Sat 07-Dec-19 14:02:02

PulyaSochsup I know they did a massive investigation afterwards as I have elderly family members who were contacted about the culture at the bbc. I personally have been in the corridors at the bbc many times and there is nothing special about them that prevents abuse.

I have tried to find the clip a few times since and I just can’t find it. I definitely remember it happening though because of the ridiculousness of the corridor comment. He was asking how JS’s family felt about her saying these things. angry

Pancakeflipper Sat 07-Dec-19 14:03:48

I used to really like him in the Broom Cupboard and kids TV. But I cannot watch him now. Gives me a little shudder and not in a good way. Though it was the "hey I'm at work (again) with a hangover, aren't I hilarious!" crap. But perhaps it's my unreliable sixth sense.

Evilmorty Sat 07-Dec-19 14:03:54

Plus my friend worked with him for about 15 years. My friend was made redundant, all very sad, and Schofield immediately deleted him on FB.

Evilmorty Sat 07-Dec-19 14:09:57

Sorry to dominate the thread - still can’t find the clip but here’s a thread about it at the time

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/1582681-I-have-had-enough-of-Phillip-sodding-Schofield-and-his-apologist-attitude-towards-Jimmy-Savile

neveradullmoment99 Sat 07-Dec-19 14:13:07

I cannot stand him! He wasn't so bad to begin with but the smugness is beyond belief. I really extra hate him in the advert for insurance. He really turns my stomach.

PulyaSochsup Sat 07-Dec-19 14:14:10

Evilmorty that’s so awful. It might be worth looking on YouTube for the clip.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »