Talk

Advanced search

To wash bath towels after every use

(280 Posts)
bananaramaspyjamas Thu 31-Jan-19 13:33:17

Is this normal? I'm constantly washing towels.

bigandbumpy Thu 31-Jan-19 13:51:00

Hang them on the bedroom doors?

bananaramaspyjamas Thu 31-Jan-19 13:51:22

Yes not everyone wants to share towels with sweaty hairy teenage boys grin

jollyoldsoul Thu 31-Jan-19 13:51:31

You can buy really sturdy suction hooks, if you have very little space they can hang over the bath, away from the shower end?

RayRayBidet Thu 31-Jan-19 13:51:59

YABVVU.
Towel rail, bannister on the landing, radiator.

bananaramaspyjamas Thu 31-Jan-19 13:52:11

Ok bedroom doors is a good idea, as we're in a flat no bannisters. Thanks for the input MNers cake

bananaramaspyjamas Thu 31-Jan-19 13:52:36

Or suction hooks. Great idea. Thanks

RiverTam Thu 31-Jan-19 13:52:52

DD's towel goes on the landing radiator. Mine and DH's variously go over the bannister, on the spare room radiator, over a random chair or hang off a door.

Washed about once a fortnight or so.

I think it's far grimmer to share one towel than to wash it less frequently!

CornishMaid1 Thu 31-Jan-19 13:53:53

One towel for baths/showers each and it will go in the wash usually once a week (once a fortnight when I forget or couldn't be bothered with laundry).

If the towel looks grubby or marked then it will go in the washing bin sooner (seems to happen more with hand towels) but otherwise they don't seem to need it as long as you leave them somewhere they can dry so they don't get manky.

MikeUniformMike Thu 31-Jan-19 13:54:05

Towel each. I don't wipe my bum or vulva or feet on mine.
I don't want to share a towel because others might not be so particular in their personal hygiene.
I hang the towel after using it and wash it probably once ot twice a week.

tellmewhenthespaceshiplands Thu 31-Jan-19 13:54:46

Spirited gringringrin

If you use them after washing they shouldn't be dirty as such anyway so def no need to wash daily.

Brabantia do a retractable airier which you can put above a bath and it closes away neatly when not in use. We've had one for months. At some point I will actually take it out of the box and install it.

PhilomenaButterfly Thu 31-Jan-19 13:54:57

YABU. You're drying clean bodies.

formerbabe Thu 31-Jan-19 13:55:39

Me and Mr formerbabe will happily use towels several times. The dc have clean towels every day though.

tellmewhenthespaceshiplands Thu 31-Jan-19 13:56:06

Mike wins a prize for getting "vulva" into a thread about towels grin

RomanyRoots Thu 31-Jan-19 13:56:22

No not usual, mine are done once every couple of weeks. They only need freshening as you are clean when you get out of the shower or bath.

RiverTam Thu 31-Jan-19 13:57:38

I always thought Mike was a man, in the old skool sense of the word, I feel slightly weird seeing him her talking about her vulva.

adaline Thu 31-Jan-19 13:59:00

Personally I wash mine three times a day whether I've used them or not.

newnameforthis7 Thu 31-Jan-19 13:59:26

I'm afraid I do sorry everyone. blush

I have around 10 showers a week, and use a towel for each one. But I used small hand towels, so collectively, they are equivalent to 3 big bath towels. I can stick all 10 in one load, and they dry fairly quickly.

I can't help it, I just cannot use a towel more than once (after a shower.)

Disfordarkchocolate Thu 31-Jan-19 13:59:27

Individual towels in this house and washed twice a week for the teenage and one a week for anyone else. And I still feel I have too many towels to wash and dry.

newnameforthis7 Thu 31-Jan-19 14:00:18

You wipe you VULVA Mike?!

Surely you mean vagina?! hmm

newnameforthis7 Thu 31-Jan-19 14:00:29

grin

steppemum Thu 31-Jan-19 14:01:51

we have one colour per person, and they are hung on hooks over bathroom radiator (kids/teens) and on my bedroom radiator (mine)

Other options - banister, over top of their door, over end of the bed (frame)

get a towel rail that hangs over a radiator

Over the top of the shower screen (only works for last person though)

KonekoBasu Thu 31-Jan-19 14:02:37

@OutPinked every hotel I've been in fairly recently asks you to leave them in the bath if you want clean ones.

camelfinger Thu 31-Jan-19 14:02:44

Excessive. Lower your standards and simplify your life!

ColdTattyWaitingForSummer Thu 31-Jan-19 14:03:12

Everyone has their own colour bath towels; hand towels are shared. Washed about weekly (although will change the hand towel more if it looks grubby). I have a curved towel rail that sits in front of the radiator in the bathroom to dry them on (although teenagers seem to prefer the dumped on bedroom floor approach!)

PopCakes Thu 31-Jan-19 14:04:18

*Even in a hotel they no longer change the towels every day.

They do in every hotel I’ve ever stayed in. *

That's very unusual unless you leave them lying around on the floor. Most hotels have a sign saying they won't wash towels that are hung up as it's so bad for the environment.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »