Talk

Advanced search

Windrush Petition

(399 Posts)
Theworldisfullofidiots Fri 13-Apr-18 23:29:17

Please would you consider signing this petition to provide amnesty for the windrush children who either lived most of their whole lives here or in some cases were born here but the home office has lost their paper work. The home office is a shambles but being successful in creating their hostile environment.
These people have lived their whole lives here because we asked their parents to work here. They had commonwealth status and then the rules were changed .

Theworldisfullofidiots Fri 13-Apr-18 23:29:49

Sorry here's the link

petition.parliament.uk/petitions/216539

Splodgeinc Fri 13-Apr-18 23:33:17

Signed already. Fully agree. It’s terrible. We invited these people or their parents at a time of need for our country and now we are trying to turf them out.

Theworldisfullofidiots Fri 13-Apr-18 23:35:29

Thanks. I hate what this country is becoming.

condepetie Fri 13-Apr-18 23:36:09

100%. Like the USA's Dreamers. Appalling treatment.

NoSuchThingAsAlpha Fri 13-Apr-18 23:37:15

Signed. Thanks for highlighting the petition.

DinahMo Fri 13-Apr-18 23:38:52

Signed, thanks for the reminder

Theworldisfullofidiots Fri 13-Apr-18 23:39:03

Possibly worse that the Dreamers (although I think that's appalling) because we invited their parents here.

Joinourclub Fri 13-Apr-18 23:43:41

Signed. I read about this recently, thank you for bringing the petition to my attention.

BlackeyedSusan Sat 14-Apr-18 00:12:33

what? WHAT?

they have got to be fucking kidding!

YANBU

Theworldisfullofidiots Sat 14-Apr-18 00:14:01

Oh and now they are deporting a doctor who was trained in the NHS ....what a waste of an investment
amp.theguardian.com/healthcare-network/2018/apr/13/ive-been-an-nhs-doctor-for-five-years-the-home-office-wants-to-deport-me

viques Sat 14-Apr-18 00:16:31

It's awful. Talk about picking off the low hanging fruit, you just know that someone somewhere is preparing a smug report outlining how many illegal immigrants have been deported forgetting to mention that a considerable number have worked all their life in the UK , paid tax and national insurance, raised their kids........

user764329056 Sat 14-Apr-18 00:17:17

Signed and widely circulated

MoonriseKingdom Sat 14-Apr-18 00:34:34

Thank you for highlighting this. I have signed after reading the many sad stories. It is a more disgraceful situation than even the dreamers as there was actually a legal route at the time they came so surely the government should create a fast track to legal status for them.

Theworldisfullofidiots Sat 14-Apr-18 06:25:45

Bumping for the morning crowd (though the news about Syria may eclipse this)

TalkFastThinkSlow Sat 14-Apr-18 06:34:51

I signed already. Thank you for sharing.

This is really close to my heart. My grandma came over from Barbados with my mum and my aunts. My mum and one of my aunt's have British citizenship and passports, but one just has indefinite leave to remain and I'm always worried something like this might happen to her sad

Unfinishedkitchen Sat 14-Apr-18 06:36:57

Signed. Absolutely disgraceful. These people came after being invited here after WW2 to do vital jobs such as working in the NHS. They’ve lived here for decades and have paid their taxes. If they are deported all of their contributions should be returned plus interest otherwise it’s theft.

randomchatter Sat 14-Apr-18 07:31:59

The UKBA and our government should be thoroughly embarrassed about this 'error'. These people were invited along with their hardworking parents. Many will have been British citizens at birth and first couple of decades of their lives before the world became more complicated.

This makes the UK look inept; at worse treacherous!

Theworldisfullofidiots Sat 14-Apr-18 07:41:02

Personally unless people start doing something, it makes us look like what we are.

NurseButtercup Sat 14-Apr-18 07:54:10

Signed and shared widely I don't know anybody personally that this is happening to but I've seen articles in the guardian about this issue very recently.

www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/apr/09/special-needs-teacher-uk-50-years-loses-job-immigration-status

Theworldisfullofidiots Sat 14-Apr-18 07:58:35

Thanks for signing. I don't know anyone either. This just makes me sad and ashamed.

maxthemartian Sat 14-Apr-18 07:58:39

One almost has to wonder if it's expedient to keep people for their entire useful working lives and then kick them out when they become more costly...

Theworldisfullofidiots Sat 14-Apr-18 08:03:43

Hmm...

Helmetbymidnight Sat 14-Apr-18 08:05:00

It is extraordinary.

It's all part of trying to appeal to the thick anti immigration crowd.

Galerina Sat 14-Apr-18 08:13:28

Signed! Thanks for posting.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: