Talk

Advanced search

To think that really pyjamas should be washed after every wear?

(348 Posts)
scaryclown Thu 31-Aug-17 20:26:20

Not that I do it!
But they are worn next to the skin for 8 hours and I'd wash anything else worn like that..

What do you think?

Scoobydoobydont Thu 31-Aug-17 20:27:20

I think anyone who washes pjs every time they are worn doesn't have enough to do nor care much for the environment.

Whisky2014 Thu 31-Aug-17 20:27:35

I agree but I don't do it either smile

TroysMammy Thu 31-Aug-17 20:27:51

Should I change my bedding daily as I sleep naked?

OliviaTheFox Thu 31-Aug-17 20:28:25

I kinda agree but still wear mine for a week.

RatOnnaStick Thu 31-Aug-17 20:28:53

Waiting for the poo crumbs brigade to arrive and swoon...

theaveragewife Thu 31-Aug-17 20:28:56

I wash my pjs every time I wear them confused I don't wear underwear with them so would feel like I was wearing a pair of pants twice.

theaveragewife Thu 31-Aug-17 20:29:28

I am not part of the poo crumb brigade...though they do sound fun 😂

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 31-Aug-17 20:30:17

I wash my night wear after every wear. I care about the environment and I also have plenty to do thank you.

LaurieFairyCake Thu 31-Aug-17 20:31:00

I put my nightdress/pyjamas in the wash every day

I do one load of washing a week for me. My environmental impact is low.

cardibach Thu 31-Aug-17 20:31:19

I don't. And wouldn't necessarily watch anything else (except underwear) that I'd worn for a day either. I do wear underwear with them though.
Some MN-ers washing habits completely leave me shock Won't someone think of the environment?

onemorecupofcoffeefortheroad Thu 31-Aug-17 20:31:50

Gawd - utterly ridiculous and wasteful to wash pjs after every wear - the world (the privileged western one) has gone mad with hygiene.

cardibach Thu 31-Aug-17 20:32:22

Dame what form does your care for the environment take?

SalamiSandwich Thu 31-Aug-17 20:33:07

I wash mine when I remember.

cardibach Thu 31-Aug-17 20:33:15

Laurie 7 pairs of pjs must be close to a load. Don't you wash any other clothes? Towels? Bedding?

feeelingbad Thu 31-Aug-17 20:33:21

Putting something in the wash basket is hardly going to keep you busy to the point you can't possibly fit anything else in hmm

People sweat in bed, and many will go to bed without washing as they shower in the mornings, so that is enough reason for me to wash pjs after one night.

There are worse things affecting the environment than a few nighties being washed 🙄

dementedma Thu 31-Aug-17 20:34:26

oooh, a laundry thread. Get ready for neurotics versus mingers...

I'm with the mingers. I don't have the time, energy or desire to launder 5 pairs of pjs every night. That would be...35 pairs of pjs a week!!!
We don't own that many pairs!

specialsubject Thu 31-Aug-17 20:34:55

An evening bath or shower is a much better idea. Generally we get sweaty and dirty during the day, so it makes sense to wash after that.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 31-Aug-17 20:35:53

Dame what form does your care for the environment take?

I need new nightwear every night. Doesn't mean I don't care about the environment. I wouldn't wash them if I didn't need to.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 31-Aug-17 20:36:45

There are worse things affecting the environment than a few nighties being washed yes quite hmm

hellokittymania Thu 31-Aug-17 20:36:50

Since I love pajamas and have quite a few pairs, I do wash mine after I wear them. But since you also wear them as your day clothes in Vietnam, example if you want to go to the market, you can go in your pajamas, I often wear them as my day clothes at home in the UK . So I wash them frequently.

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Thu 31-Aug-17 20:36:51

My pjs don't get washed after one wear, but I get washed after wearing them, so I think that's ok

Rinkydinkypink Thu 31-Aug-17 20:37:11

Shower every morning and night. Clean PJ's every night (or naked). Clean sheets every week.

I'm busy, I care about the environment. I just don't feel clean otherwise and it bothers me.

LaurieFairyCake Thu 31-Aug-17 20:38:36

cardibach - not close to a load. I wear very thin jersey nighties and pj's. All my dresses are very thin jersey too. Only one load a week.

I don't wash towels for weeks. I think people prioritise differently - there are people on here who wash towels after every wash shock
Who wash bedding every two days shock

CaptWentworth Thu 31-Aug-17 20:38:44

If you care about the effects of doing too much laundry on the environment, why do you wear pyjamas at all?

I wash nightwear after every wear.

I am not a member of the poo crumbs brigade. I just don't like wearing something that has been that close to my bare bum for more than one night.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »