Talk

Advanced search

The one where Trump just can't stop being Trump

(977 Posts)
TheClaws Sat 01-Jul-17 05:34:47

Time for a new 'un.

Old thread here: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/2958743-Its-too-hot-for-high-drama-but-nonetheless-we-persist-Trump-cont

Dumdedumdedum Sat 01-Jul-17 07:21:51

Thanks for the new thread, TheClaws - today, I feel it's a case of "Trump OutTrumps Trump". When will this ever end?

Lweji Sat 01-Jul-17 07:24:52

Walks in carefully.

Nice policing, Claws. wink

Lweji Sat 01-Jul-17 07:25:30

Not anytime soon. sad

PainInTheEar Sat 01-Jul-17 07:40:47

Yashar Ali @yashar

BREAKING: The source of the blockbuster WSJ Russia Collusion story has come out and shared more of his story. lawfareblog.com/time-i-got-recruited-collude-russians

PainInTheEar Sat 01-Jul-17 07:45:59

Sorry, meant to say thanks for the new thread claws.

<your name has also been buzzing around my head for the last five minutes, trying to work itself into a long winded, very unfunny pun. The best I could do was "I made my cat sign a contract before I took him home from the pet shop that stipulated the expected behaviour: he is to be clean, respect my space and above all, nonviolent. He insisted he had the right to defend himself if attacked so we added a get out claws i might still be hungover don't judge me >

PainInTheEar Sat 01-Jul-17 07:49:17

KellyAnne Conway on trump's tweets:

mobile.twitter.com/LaurenWern/status/880823436939063296/video/1

PainInTheEar Sat 01-Jul-17 07:52:08

Glenn Thrush @GlennThrush
Crime in Chicago 'is probably driven by morality more than anything else,' Sarah says when asked if easy access to guns is a problem.

Lweji Sat 01-Jul-17 07:52:38

Also posted on TOT.

Meanwhile Colbert has a few words about Trump tweets.
youtu.be/L7YrTk-Y0a0

While Meyers is lost for words.
youtu.be/7kWL8rgxqV8

PainInTheEar Sat 01-Jul-17 07:54:36

Bradd Jaffy @BraddJaffy
I didn't think this quote was real — until I found it's actually on the website of the Republican Secretary of State of Mississippi

PainInTheEar Sat 01-Jul-17 07:56:33

Bradd Jaffy @BraddJaffy
“Trump's election fraud commission asked states to send sensitive voter information over insecure email gizmodo.com/trumps-election-fraud-commission-asked-states-to-send-s-1796535568/amp

PainInTheEar Sat 01-Jul-17 08:00:29

@charlesornstein
The science division at the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy officially has no employees as of today.

PainInTheEar Sat 01-Jul-17 08:09:46

thehill.com/homenews/media/340292-russian-radio-takes-over-local-dc-station?amp

The Russian state-sponsored news outlet Sputnik is entering the Washington, D.C., radio market in an effort to push back against what it called "constant attacks" by U.S. media companies.

Sputnik Radio announced Friday that it has taken over 105.5 FM, which previously aired bluegrass music.

PainInTheEar Sat 01-Jul-17 08:17:42

Election official in Arizona:

Adrian Fontes @Adrian_Fontes
How is it suppression? Voters are already calling to get removed from rolls to protect their info. Thanks for nothing @KrisKobach1787

TheClaws Sat 01-Jul-17 08:20:14

grin Pain that made me spit out my drink laughing. TheClaws has a clause...

Mind you, I shouldn't have fed the GF as long as I did. I thought I would use reason. I guess thinking deeply is out of the capability of some of them.

Lweji Sat 01-Jul-17 08:29:28

In case you wanted to know what pro-Trump groups are doing.

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN19J2GI

Lweji Sat 01-Jul-17 08:32:01

I shouldn't have fed the GF as long as I did. I thought I would use reason.

I tend not to offer explanations since before the election. Ask them questions and let them explain their reasons. They don't like it.
I was previously accused of bullying for asking questions. star

Lweji Sat 01-Jul-17 08:33:56

The science division at the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy officially has no employees as of today.

And yet he wants to re-enter the manned space race.

PainInTheEar Sat 01-Jul-17 08:42:05

I can't imagine it'll go anywhere but they're trying to clarify things:

www.politico.com/story/2017/06/30/buzzfeed-trump-russia-dossier-subpoena-240146

Orlantina Sat 01-Jul-17 08:46:26

So it's July...

And from Fox. A network that supports Trump (no bias here)

www.fox47news.com/news/national/trump-administration-fails-to-recognize-lgbt-pride-month

I guess he just forgot...but

Clinton again recognized June as Pride Month in 2000, but the practice was paused under the George W. Bush administration. President Barack Obama picked it up again during his eight years in office, issuing June proclamations and hosting celebrations inside the White House.

The White House did not respond to a request for a comment. Although Trump did not recognize LGBT Pride Month, he proclaimed June as Great Outdoors Month, National Caribbean-American Heritage Month, African-American Music Appreciation Month, National Ocean Month and National Homeownership Month

As a candidate, Trump had promised to be different than many of his GOP peers on the campaign trail. In June of last year, he declared that he would be a better ally of the LGBT community than Hillary Clinton.

"Thank you to the LGBT community", he tweeted. "I will fight for you while Hillary brings in more people that will threaten your freedoms and beliefs.

catgirl1976 Sat 01-Jul-17 08:48:29

Place marking

I have to confess I am getting ground down and starting to feel like he will never be impeached and it's all just hopeless. Everyday a new scandal - every day nothing happens.

M0stlyBowlingHedgehog Sat 01-Jul-17 08:53:24

Place marking too.

Lweji Sat 01-Jul-17 08:53:51

I'll give you Stephen J. Gould's punctuated equilibrium theory.
Nothing visible happens for a long time, then suddenly there's a big change.

It's from evolution but probably applicable to politics as well.

Having said that, I share more than a non-impeachment concern.
I'm afraid that this could lead to the fall of the American Empire.

M0stlyBowlingHedgehog Sat 01-Jul-17 09:05:28

In terms of the long term stability of America (and therefore the rest of us) I suspect the best outcome is if impeachment rumours rumble on for 2 years then the GOP gets stuffed in the mid-terms. A hasty and failed impeachment would be disastrous, a hasty and successful impeachment before the majority of the American public had got behind the process could lead to civil war.

CaveMum Sat 01-Jul-17 09:14:22

Place marking. I missed much of the last thread but am back in the saddle now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now