Talk

Advanced search

..... to ask for your help annoying Donald Trump.

(110 Posts)
donquixotedelamancha Sun 29-Jan-17 17:42:13

Assuming you are a right thinking individual, who thinks kissing the short fingered vulgarian's arse is demeaning to this country, please could you:

1. Sign a petition against his getting the full state visit treatment. petition.parliament.uk/petitions/171928

2. Post below, to bump the thread. Give us your best insults about President Fart, link to an anti-trump memes, or just suggest candidates for the worst thing he's ever said.

Feel free to disagree vociferously below as well :-)

Mrsglitterfairy Sun 29-Jan-17 17:43:57

I think this thread here is pretty much he same.. Lools like you're not alone grin
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/2840749-AIBU-to-think-this-is-a-good-idea-Trump

DJBaggySmalls Sun 29-Jan-17 17:45:42

I posted in Chat as well grin

donquixotedelamancha Sun 29-Jan-17 18:08:22

"I think this thread here is pretty much he same.. Lools like you're not alone"
"I posted in Chat as well"

Haha. Great mind's... and all that. I assumed there'd be one somewhere, but figured the more the merrier.

This is the only time I've ever bothered to promote a petition; usually I feel that they are little more than feel good exercises, but him not getting the state visit would send a pretty clear message and has a good chance of working.

helpimitchy Sun 29-Jan-17 18:09:27

According to Radio4 this morning, there's already a great deal of consternation regarding a state visit as they'd have to keep him away from Prince Charles who is an environmentalist. I can't imagine Phil managing to keep his mouth shut as well.

Trump would end up having a huge tantrum and it would be awful and might damage the relationship confused

Nomoreworkathome Sun 29-Jan-17 18:13:43

Given his comments alone about the topless pics of Kate I would be amazed if they pandered to this cretin by allowing him anywhere near a state visit.

Neolara Sun 29-Jan-17 18:16:43

Thanks very much. Have just fb shared. It's up to 400,000 already so has to be debated by Parliament. The bigger the petition the more its got to hurt the Donald's feelings.

Deadsouls Sun 29-Jan-17 18:17:24

Done ...odious man

DJBaggySmalls Sun 29-Jan-17 18:19:54

Over 400,000 Hurrah! There are people complaining about the wording, frankly I dont care if it upsets them to mention Her Maj.
She had to entertain various shoddy dictators under Thatcher and took criticism for that.

<bump>

OhYouBadBadKitten Sun 29-Jan-17 18:21:37

I have no idea how to condense my feelings for this 'man' into a couple of pithy or witty comments. But I've signed the petition and promoting it as far as I can.

Roussette Sun 29-Jan-17 18:22:21

Here you go!

throwingpebbles Sun 29-Jan-17 18:23:27

I think randomly insulting him is pointless and misguided.

Don't stoop to his level.

Focus on finding ways to support the causes he seeks to attack - human rights, environment, refugees etc etc.

BaggypantsCrimplesnitch Sun 29-Jan-17 18:25:51

Signed.

<bump>

Destinysdaughter Sun 29-Jan-17 18:27:20

Rousette that's gross! But then so is this picture of his mother...

Cobweb89 Sun 29-Jan-17 18:27:43

Although I don't agree with his politics or behaviour, he was democratically elected in a country which presumably most of us have no vote in. It's their (Americans') country and they were within their rights to elect him. I just don't think it's our business to protest or interfere.

I do agree with what I read somewhere that our govt. has asked for those people who have dual nationality (which is British plus one of Trump's banned ones) to be exempt from the ban. But this is a respectful request from one govt. to another.

As a country we (UK) need to maintain a good relationship with USA. When people start falling out, wars happen and we cannot go back there. Not all PMs here and presidents over there agree on policy, politics, right/left wing etc but we do have to try and get along. It would be ludicrous to try and dictate to another world leader how to run their country. Does anyone really think Trump will be dictated to? How would you like it if a foreign govt. dictated our business?

So not our business really, unless OP is American of course!

OneWithTheForce Sun 29-Jan-17 18:29:55

Cobweb you understand what the petition isn't for don't you?

PhoenixJasmine Sun 29-Jan-17 18:30:29

Signed.... DP (rightly) pointed out that it probably won't make much difference, but at least it registers public opinion for the rest of the world to see.

They have to consider raising it in parliament, btw. Doesn't mean it will happen.

throwingpebbles Sun 29-Jan-17 18:31:57

Of course it is our business cobweb ffs! Of course it is!!

Would you have said the same about the holocaust?? There's a reason the Memorial Day was so poignant this year.

Plus we are a globally connected world. Many of us have friends and family out there.

turning your head away from evil and saying "none of my business" is to be complicit in those acts

We should all be thinking "what can I do"

OneWithTheForce Sun 29-Jan-17 18:32:18

Signed and shared. Over 500k now.

Roussette Sun 29-Jan-17 18:32:37

Cobweb if only it were true that it's not our business. It's the world's business I'm afraid. He is supposed to be the leader of the free world, we are all affected.

We are not dictating to him. We are exressing our shock, our horror, our feelings on what he is doing that not only affects Americans but affects citizens of the UK also.

Cobweb89 Sun 29-Jan-17 18:34:51

Yes but I think banning him from making a state visit is rather antagonistic and that sort of ban probably is more suited to presidents or prime ministers who are not democratically elected?

OneWithTheForce Sun 29-Jan-17 18:36:58

Eh?? People don't wish to host him. It's doesn't matter whether he was elected or not in another country. That has. I relevance to whether people here should host him.

OneWithTheForce Sun 29-Jan-17 18:37:42

He wasn't Democratically elected in the U.K.

Nomoreworkathome Sun 29-Jan-17 18:39:51

As a country we (UK) need to maintain a good relationship with USA

Regardless of the far right wing ideology, policies and press censorship of it's leader......hmm.... where have I seen this before.
So, in a nutshell, you fully support Trump enjoying a state visit to the UK because we don't want to rock the boat do we!!!!
How sad.

Rabbitwoffle Sun 29-Jan-17 18:40:10

Nor was Teresa May

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now