would you believe ds (5) or the childminder? childminer took ds and the children elsewhere

(1005 Posts)
user1469643462 Wed 27-Jul-16 19:31:32

It is the summer holidays so ds has to be with a childminer, for 3 days a week. I pay her for the actual care she provides, then i pay for any visits to places on top of that, they were supposed to be going to the zoo today and i had paid £21 for ds's zoo ticket and i know that isnt loads but tbh with the cost i had already paid for her to look after him it was almost today's wages! ds goes there with 2 boys and a little girl aswell all around the same age give or take. Ds got home and was telling me all about his trip to the local museum (which was free) i did not have a problem with that he seemed to have had a great time. I phoned up the childminder and asked if she could just paypal the money back over and she said that she had no idea what i was going on about and that she took them to the zoo hmm I know children do love to use their imagination, so i was a bit undecided, ds kept going on about the objects he had seen and told me a story about a man showing them the kids bit. ds has never been to this museum and it was just odd how well he was explaining it. I would love to phone the other parents but tbh i dont actually know them! it's all very odd...

RichardBucket Wed 27-Jul-16 19:32:59

How old is your son?

If you can contact the other parents, even if you don't really know them, I would. The not-knowing would drive me nuts!

Discobabe Wed 27-Jul-16 19:35:52

Sounds like he definitely went to the museum at some point! Did he say when we went to the museum?

user1469643462 Wed 27-Jul-16 19:35:59

he is 5, I honestly have no idea how to contact them, I don't even have their numbers

Discobabe Wed 27-Jul-16 19:36:28

He not we!!

SlightlyperturbedOwl Wed 27-Jul-16 19:36:32

With all that detail in the description and told the same day I would be tending to believe my DS in that situation. Do you have any other reasons to be unsure about the CM? Have they shown you any pictures etc of being at the zoo? As they have outright denied it there is Probably not much you can do though except quietly start looking for a new cm

user1469643462 Wed 27-Jul-16 19:36:53

he said today! 'mum the museum was really good today', etc. etc. using the time frame of today. no word of animals at all...

user1469643462 Wed 27-Jul-16 19:37:52

no pictures of being at the zoo, but no pictures of being at a museum either! no, she has been lovely and had no doubts at all

notapizzaeater Wed 27-Jul-16 19:38:07

I'd be asking for pictures - surely she took some of the animals ... Have you looked at the museum and seen what was on today ?

TheWildRumpyPumpus Wed 27-Jul-16 19:38:58

Any chance he went to the free museum another day recently?

It'd be quite a bare-faced lie for her to say they did go when asked directly - she had an easy out by just agreeing to send the money back to you and asking if he enjoyed the museum etc.

TheBannistersOfLife Wed 27-Jul-16 19:39:04

Which zoo is £21 for a 5 year old?!
My 4.8yr old often tells people we have been place we haven't but when reminded she corrects herself. Did you ask your DS what animals he saw?

seastargirl Wed 27-Jul-16 19:39:16

Can you ask for photos/ticket stub for his school diary?

Coulddowithanap Wed 27-Jul-16 19:39:42

Could they have visited both places?

IggyPopsicle Wed 27-Jul-16 19:40:03

I'm inclined to believe your DS. A 5yo who had just come back from the zoo would be bursting to tell you about all the animals they had seen.

Gileswithachainsaw Wed 27-Jul-16 19:40:13

I'd believe your dd tbh.

Mine wouldn't have known at 5 what a museum was unless shed been. Let alone give detailed description

TheRealKimmySchmidt63 Wed 27-Jul-16 19:40:16

Hmmm my 4.5 yo mixes days up is there any chance he could've gone there last week? Have you asked him outright about the zoo? Could they have done both? If want to get to the bottom of it .......

Dutchcourage Wed 27-Jul-16 19:40:30

Did he see any live animals? WhT things was he describing?

mrsfuzzy Wed 27-Jul-16 19:40:47

sounds dodgy, i'd call her bluff and ask if she took any photos and if possible could she forward those of my ds, if she squirms then you've got the truth.

purplefox Wed 27-Jul-16 19:41:34

If he's talking about specific objects in a museum he's never been to before then I'd believe him. How else would he know these things are in there?

Dutchcourage Wed 27-Jul-16 19:41:55

Oops cross post. Ask him if he seen any live animals.

mrsfuzzy Wed 27-Jul-16 19:42:23

sorry x cross post blush.

Lunar1 Wed 27-Jul-16 19:43:01

I'd ask for some pictures, sounds like she's pulling a fast one too me!

MrsJayy Wed 27-Jul-16 19:43:27

Your son went to the museum if he is that chatty he would be telling you about zoo animals I think your childminder might be at it. Do you know any of the other parents ? I would be asking for a receipt for any trips

hazeyjane Wed 27-Jul-16 19:43:55

Longleat is £21 - I was checking today! Extortionate!!

I would be inclined to believe your D's.

Asking if you could have photos, ticket stub for scrapbook is a good idea.

MrsJayy Wed 27-Jul-16 19:44:19

Sorry you dont know the other parents

This thread is not accepting new messages.