Talk

Advanced search

The one with the brief glimpse of summer. It’s countdown to Christmas thread 3!

(526 Posts)
SideOrderofSprouts Sun 22-Apr-18 08:56:39

Here it is!

What were we at 247?

TheWoollybacksWife Sun 22-Apr-18 09:15:21

Morning. Busy day today so I'll check in properly later grin

NoWordForFluffy Sun 22-Apr-18 09:24:31

Yes, 247. fgrin

FridgeCut Sun 22-Apr-18 09:33:55

Gabriel was asking for jingle bells yesterday, it’s his absolute favourite song. Alexa makes him very happy!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 22-Apr-18 10:02:29

New Thread fgrin

DH and I went to see "The Chase Celebrity Special " last night, it was reallly good (cannot tell you ANYTHING about it though, it goes out for transmission in the Autumn)

Bradley Walsh is sooo brilliant , love him.
There's lots of re-arranging of the set, they have to check mikes, soundcheck and brush people down (loose hair, check make-up etc) so he does a load of banter with the audience and the Team.
The 'regular' Chase has no audience (only the Celeb Chase) so they don;t get the response and applause like the Celeb shows.

FridgeCut Sun 22-Apr-18 10:06:15

My dad would love To go and see the chase, i really enjoy the behind the scenes.

Mrsmadevans Sun 22-Apr-18 10:46:11

Morning all smile thank you for the new thread Sprout .
Love The Chase here too 70, that was a fab visit for you m'dear .
Weather is not too great here this morning , colder and drizzly hmm Summer didn't last long did it?
So DH has caught my Dad's cold hmm and is presently cwtched up on the sofa watching the Marathon.I bought him a fleece gilet yesterday and he is over the moon with it and has it on lol, I thought he would snort with derision and I would have to take it back today! Praise Be to the cold!
I have settled to watch the Marathon too with a naice cuppa and am despairing at Mo Farrah's problems with his drinks shock But he has found his bokky now thank God for that !
In the immortal words of Eliza Dolittle
' Come on Mo move yer bloomin' arse' grin
Chilli in the slo cooker , and .......
Have a lovely day everyone.

PerfectlySymmetricalButtocks Sun 22-Apr-18 15:00:04

DS2's Bear (ventriloquised by DS2) sings songs to the tunes of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and Frosty the Snowman! 😂🎅

PerfectlySymmetricalButtocks Sun 22-Apr-18 15:02:28

DD went to see Peter Pan with Bradley Walsh as Smee, she says he was nice! 😂

PerfectlySymmetricalButtocks Sun 22-Apr-18 15:35:45

Had prawn pasta salad for lunch. 😋🍤

HandbagCrazy Sun 22-Apr-18 16:08:06

Ooh, new thread 🎄 Thanks Sprouts!

I've had such a lazy day. I've taken the dogs on a very gentle stroll (they're old so it's all they can handle) and done some boring admin while watching tv. I'm now crocheting. DH meanwhile has cleaned the house (including the hoover which we both hate doing), cooked a huge batch of bolognese and chilli and cleaned the cars blush

Internaljukebox Sun 22-Apr-18 17:51:19

Aha I’m new to this lol ... sat writing me post and then it said it was closed 😂 .. having got home at reasonable time I’m enjoying a chilled cider in conservatory and rejoicing in the fact that after tomorrow’s shift I have 2 days off yay! .. making hunters chicken for tea as Dd is apparently joining us but she will probably cancel if she gets a better offer! Teenagers!! On a Christmas note I am going to treat myself to a new notepad and transfer all my lists and budgets into that for all 2018 preparations.🙂

TheWoollybacksWife Sun 22-Apr-18 21:42:21

I'm finally home after a long day at DS' karate grading. He's now a black belt shock

Mrsmadevans Sun 22-Apr-18 23:04:13

Wow! Woolly you must be so proud of your DS congratulations to him what an amazing achievement!

Internaljukebox Mon 23-Apr-18 06:06:20

A bleary eyed morning to you all! Woolly that’s awesome! Well done to him 🙂🙂🙂 .. I hope ds stays dedicated enough to make it to black belt one day. I’m going to spend an hour tomorrow morn in bed with a coffee catching up on things I’ve missed on these threads .. although it may take longer longer 😂😂 .

WreckTangled Mon 23-Apr-18 07:12:20

I love Bradley Walsh too! We all like the chase.

NoWordForFluffy Mon 23-Apr-18 07:36:34

Well done to your DS, Woolly! That's amazing at such a young age.

It's back to the grindstone today, boo! Weekends go so fast. 😢

PerfectlySymmetricalButtocks Mon 23-Apr-18 08:19:04

Morning! Had chocolate pancakes. Only have 4G because I'm supervising DS2 so he doesn't annoy DD while she's doing the homework she was too tired to do last night. hmm

Mrsmadevans Mon 23-Apr-18 08:56:25

Morning all smile
Looks nice out grin that's the kiss of death to it then
DH has the cold from hell his description and is subsequently making everyones life hell with the coughing, breathing and general moaning and neediness for Paracetamol, Lemsips, Ventolin inhaler?? Tissues and general arse wiping, WTAF it's a cold not an asthmatic attack/Dysentery hmm. The worse thing is he caught it from my Dad grin naughty Dad hehe
Have a great day everyone! I am thinking it will be a lot better than mine grin

PerfectlySymmetricalButtocks Mon 23-Apr-18 11:06:45

Saw the school nurse re DS2's nighttime toilet training, just had smoked salmon and scrambled eggs and a banana. 🚽😋🐟🍌

BiddyPop Mon 23-Apr-18 11:11:00

Morning all,

Another week started here too. We have DD's confirmation on Saturday, so there are a load of things to do to get ready for it this week. I should be more on top of it, but I can cope with whatever gets thrown because of our Christmas planning expertise!! fgrin THe beds are made, the kitchen is somewhat organized, and I will raid M&S for nibbly things later in the week for anyone who does turn up at our house.

Work is a bit mad - I'm almost finished a run of EU negotiations (meant a lot of travel over and back - but it's now at Ambassador level so I have to write briefing notes instead), but we're doing a national legislation thing as well so that is taking over. But so far, I am keeping all those plates spinning (we have 3 other reasonable projects going on as well - but my small team are great!).

Home is a bit manic too - I was doing so much travelling, and so is DH, that chaos had descended a little. But it is getting a bit better - we even managed to get out to Ikea over the weekend to agree, and start buying, things to re-do DD's room (child to teen for secondary school transformation needed). We're definitely into hormones and stuff though...I need to learn to channel my inner calm again.

And I have a load of admin stuff to sort for a school committee and my Cubs - it seems like I get reasonably organised and then something happens to knock it off again! But at least, so far, it's just all headaches for me and nothing to impact on the Cubs or running the school programme directly.

My eating has been so bad recently - I've been too busy to shop and cook properly, and travelling is never good for trying to eat healthily. So I need to work on shifting an extra stone, over the stone I was already trying to shift. But I went swimming yesterday afternoon and I'm trying to get back to healthier habits.

I haven't done anything towards Christmas except some knitting recently. I've finished the knitting on 3 scarves so far (I'm aiming for at least 13, hopefully up to 15 to include DH and I - for all our DSiblings and their DPs/DHs/DWs) and just need to sew in the ends on those. And I have 2 more on the needles (1 is a K3P3 rib that I can knit on the train commuting, the other is a more intricate pattern that I need to count stitches on as it changes every 2nd row and as it's black cotton, I can't do that at night - but I added about 3' on 2 long daytime car journeys last week and I have a few more long car journeys to come that I should get it done). I have wool for a good few of the others, so that should keep me busy for the next few months.

Better go and catch up on this morning's work emails, and catch up on all your news too!

PerfectlySymmetricalButtocks Mon 23-Apr-18 19:24:36

Had sweet potato falafel salad, yoghurt, fruit puree and granola for lunch, picked up the letter for Sainsbury's from the school office, I'll give it to lovely Edward tomorrow and hopefully he'll give me the gift card, picked the DC up, had Thai turkey noodles for supper, have put a wash on, DS2's going to bed at 8. 😋✉😋🍗🍜👔👕👖👗👚😴

PerfectlySymmetricalButtocks Mon 23-Apr-18 19:30:56

DD's going to bed at 8.30. 😆

PerfectlySymmetricalButtocks Mon 23-Apr-18 21:07:33

Both DC are in bed now, I've got to wait until DH has finished in the kitchen (tiny kitchen) then put washing on radiators. 😴

NoWordForFluffy Mon 23-Apr-18 21:10:37

DH is currently hanging our washing on the line as it's meant to be dry until 11am tomorrow. Got to grab the dry spells whenever they appear!

I de-snailed the buddleia early. Sodding grim as there were loads of them. 🐌🐌🐌

Hopefully I've saved the strawberries for a while though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: