Talk

Advanced search

Forgive me Mumsnet for I have twitched!!

(220 Posts)
2anddone Wed 09-Dec-15 23:05:50

So dc presents have been brought for about a month and I am finished all of my Christmas shopping. For the last 7 years (since dd was born) I have stuck to a stocking and 2 gifts from Santa, one from me, one from the sibling and one from the dog giving 5 gifts under the tree (not including extended family and friends gifts) and around 10 little gifts in the stocking. I usually end up with 1 gift that over spills the stocking and today when I got them out to wrap they didn't look big enough to overspill!!
So this evening I have bought a large Donald Duck plush from the Disney store and a large minion from build a bear. This comes 2 days after telling my children they have too many teddies on their beds!! Arghh the twitch got me please say I am not alone fblush

traviata Wed 09-Dec-15 23:13:18

oh yes, twitchety twitch twitch.

I finished my shopping for the DC last week. I have more than enough for them both for years to come.

I just bought an electric wax warmer for DD off ebay.

MyIronLung Wed 09-Dec-15 23:44:18

You're not alone op. I just twitched too.

In my defence <hahahaha> it was such a great offer I couldn't not twitch! (Playmobil ark down from £70 to £30!)

I've now got twitchers guilt grin

nilbyname Wed 09-Dec-15 23:46:02

I just bought Dh another book. Twitch!!!

It's a nightmare. Money is pouring out of the bank like water!

MyIronLung Wed 09-Dec-15 23:50:22

nilby I keep seeing books too but I cannot let myself twitch! I've already bought 3 book sets from the book people which equals about 35 books! ( ds also has The night before Christmas book for Christmas Eve...)

FattySantaRobin Wed 09-Dec-15 23:56:06

I spent £50 on stuff my DC do not need today. hmm but I couldn't help it.

AdoraBell Wed 09-Dec-15 23:56:15

I'm not twitching. Not me. Oh no. I do not need to buy DH aftershave to go with what I've already boughtfhmm

<cuts up debit/credit cards>

FattySantaRobin Wed 09-Dec-15 23:57:07

adora please take mine too! I've spent too much and now I'm skint.

ChipsandGuac Wed 09-Dec-15 23:58:32

I haven't bought anything yet! I know what I'm getting, I just haven't got round to actually buying it.

SpendSpendSpend Thu 10-Dec-15 00:16:55

im starting to feel it. Very nearly bought the Anna and Elsa barbie dolls today at £10 each.

I resisted but i do keep looking online at things and i know she has enough already

nilbyname Thu 10-Dec-15 00:28:31

Bloody hell- Asos has 30% off gifts-

Got Dh a credit card tool and some moisturiser! This is insane, to bed now!!!!

FattySantaRobin Thu 10-Dec-15 00:30:53

nil shhh! 🙉🙉🙉

xalyssx Thu 10-Dec-15 01:57:15

I twitched last week, but only by two £5 things, so I'm not too worried.

Trudee Thu 10-Dec-15 07:16:04

I twitched too fblush
I swore I was finished and resisted a small twitch a couple of weeks ago and instead I twitched massively on Tuesday fhmm
Oh well, it's Christmas!

JocelynWildensteinOnABroom Thu 10-Dec-15 08:09:42

You have no idea how pleased I am that this is a 'thing'. I keep twitching. It's getting ridiculous now, but am so glad it's not just me!! 🙈🎄🎁

Night feeds are proving to be very expensive, cos I browse online to keep myself awake. The Book People & ELC are my faves to browse at the mo. ELC doesn't have an extra 20% off all their toys til Sunday, oh no

CakeNinja Thu 10-Dec-15 08:28:52

I have only just started my shopping so I don't get time to twitch grin

Ninkynonkrinkydonk Thu 10-Dec-15 09:16:05

I'm trying so so hard not to twitch. But someone sent me a link to Mr Fox gift guides and it's so hard! There's a lunch bag that closes with a belt that would be PERFECT for dp. And an OMG light for ds. And a house shape ornament I'd quite like myself... fblush

Heavenscent86 Thu 10-Dec-15 09:31:01

I'm trying really hard not to twitch as well. Just found the lottie dolls which I love for my daughter. But I must resist!

Tenpastlate Thu 10-Dec-15 09:41:38

I twitched and bought a £20 toy truck to make the 2 piles of presents look more equal in size. I am now trying really hard not to succumb again to make DCs' presents up to the same value for the sake of fairness!

Kim82 Thu 10-Dec-15 09:49:23

Reading this thread just made me twitch and buy Ds a few more stocking fillers. It was only £12 for 3 things though so it's not too bad.

Boutonneux Thu 10-Dec-15 10:41:14

I had a huge twitch yesterday and bought son 15 an iPad mini.

Twitchy twitchy twitchy santa

notenoughbottle Thu 10-Dec-15 10:46:13

I twitched in the Disney Store too... A HUGE lotso, one good dinosaur and a Minnie Hoover for my two year old. Whoops!

nilbyname Thu 10-Dec-15 10:50:28

This thread is like crack.

I've just bought DS a popcorn maker!!!!

AdoraBell Thu 10-Dec-15 11:38:41

<grabs fatty's cards>

<snip snip> there you go fatty. fgrin

FattySantaRobin Thu 10-Dec-15 11:40:15

Thanks adora fgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now