Easy-peasy chicken pitta with greek salad
Make salad more exciting with this simple recipe for stuffed pitta breads, using Birds Eye Chicken Chargrills. Quick, healthy and delicious, this is a great alternative to sandwiches that kids can get hands-on with.
Ingredients (makes 2)
- 1 x Birds Eye Chicken Chargrill
- 2 x wholemeal pitta, halved
- 6 x black olives
- 3 x medium tomatoes (cut into wedges)
- 1 x cucumber (peeled, diced into cubes)
- 1 x small red onion (sliced into rings)
- 100ml/3fl oz. extra virgin olive oil
- 150g/5oz feta
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 50ml/3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- A dollop of hummus
Top tip: Have two bowls handy when you make the greek salad, so that you can leave out the onions and olives if you want to cater to children's tastebuds.
- Preheat the oven and cook the Birds Eye Chicken Chargrills per the instructions on the packet.
- While the chicken is cooking, mix the salad ingredients with the feta
- Mix the olive oil and red wine vinegar in a small bowl to make a dressing.
- Part fill the pitta breads with the salad mix, drizzle over the dressing and add a dollop of hummus.
- Slice the cooked chicken pieces and add to the pitta.
- Sprinkle with oregano and serve.
With thanks to our Mumsnet vlogger Caroline.
This recipe was originally thought up by Honest Mum.
Want to get involved with videos like this? Join the Mumsnet Influencers Network – just email us at email@example.com