Quick chicken risotto recipe
This cheese and tomato risotto is super simple to make and incredibly moreish – not to mention it can be served up in just over 20 minute thanks to Birds Eye's Chicken Chargrills and less stirring than your typical risotto recipe. The whole family will love it.
- Birds Eye Chicken Chargrills
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek (chopped)
- 1 stick of celery (chopped)
- 1 red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 230g basmati rice
- 2 low salt chicken stock cubes
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- Handful of fresh parsley (chopped)
- Grated cheese (optional)
- 100g frozen peas (optional)
- Warm your oven, put your Chicken Chargrills on a baking tray and cook following the instructions on the packet.
- Finely chop the leek, celery and onion and gently fry the vegetables in a frying pan with a little oil until soft.
- Add your tin of tomatoes and puree to the pan and add seasoning to taste.
- Reduce the sauce for about 15 minutes until it has the thickness of a pasta sauce. (Top tip: This sauce can be made in bulk and frozen in batches for later use.)
- Add your stock cube to a pan of boiling water and stir to dissolve. Any extra frozen veg that you're using can be added at this point.
- Rinse your basmati rice and add to the pan of water. Leave to boil for around 10 minutes.
- Drain the rice (and veg) and combine with the tomato sauce along with your cream cheese. Stir over a very low heat until well mixed.
- Remove the chicken chargrills from the oven and dice into bite sized chunks.
- Serve your rice and top with the sliced chicken and top with fresh parsley and cheese if you're feeling fancy.
With thanks to our Mumsnet blogger Louise
Want to get involved with videos like this? Join the Mumsnet vloggers' network – just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org