Join the chat on our Weight Loss forum.

Weight loss chat

BigMoFos Week 27

70 replies

WigWamBam · 09/11/2006 10:36

New week, new thread

OP posts:
JackieNo · 09/11/2006 10:46

Thank you for my crown, WWB. Maybe we could market the Starbucks diet (although it might have had something to do with the fact that I spent all the time when I wasn't in Starbucks trudging around Oxford doing shopping - so maybe it could be the Starbucks and shopping diet).

It has been a bit quiet on the BigMoFos threads recently, hasn't it. We must all be too busy to post (yeah, right)

WigWamBam · 09/11/2006 10:52

I think we're all missing Sue's input, Jackie. She's a big "voice" on these threads and it's very quiet without her.

I'd love the Starbucks diet ... their Belgian chocolate swirl is to die for. As is their cranberry and raspberry muffin. Somehow I don't think that they're ever going to make it into anyone's book of easy ways to lose weight!

OP posts:
hub2dee · 09/11/2006 10:52

Good loss Jackieno ! (and others)

Stayed the same. darn. Still have been good(ish) so next week should be a loss.

hohum.

WigWamBam · 09/11/2006 11:23

Have been looking at some of the dresses from those links last night with dh (whose taste I'm never quite sure about but never mind!). He got round to telling me last night that the theme of the do is black and white so the gorgeous red one is out, and he's also asked me to try and stay below £120, which eliminates one or two straight away (although he's usually open to bribery of one sort or another )

Also bearing in mind that I have a Tweedledum-like tummy and flabby arms, what do you lot think about these?

1. Halter neck - it's more money than I'd like and it also doesn't have sleeves so not sure.

1. Lacy black dress

1. Dh likes this one

1. This one is nice but I'm not sure about the length - I have quite good legs but do you think it would look a bit top-heavy with ginormous norks?

1. Dh's favourite but I'm not sure about the bingo wings

1. Dh likes but would it look as if I were wearing a pair of curtains?

What dh really fancies is this but I'm not sure it's the Christmas do he has in mind ...
OP posts:
JackieNo · 09/11/2006 11:33

Have to say, I still love the lacy black one. The sparkly one that is your DH's favourite is lovely - you could wear a shrug or shawl to hide the upper arms? Agree re curtains - maybe not. The full length black one with the cutaway shoulders is good - how tall are you? Being a shortarse, I often have problems with things being too long - may not be a problem for you.

WigWamBam · 09/11/2006 11:37

I'm pretty tall - 5'9" so could carry the length off. I just don't know if head-to-foot black would be a bit severe.

I like the lacy one too, and the sparkly one would be lovely if I didn't have middle-aged-fat-lady arms

OP posts:
JackieNo · 09/11/2006 11:40

Couldn't find any shrugs on that site, will look elsewhere - probably need to go for plain black, or lacy, but not shimmery, so as not to compete with the shimmeriness of the dress.

JackieNo · 09/11/2006 11:43

Well Simply Be have a plain black crochet cardigan that might work. Ooh - a fur shrug . Aha - or a chiffon one . Fancy any of those?

Dottydot · 09/11/2006 11:47

I think 1, 2 or 3 - and I'd get a lacy shrug thing to go with any of them! Go on - order all three!!!

Dottydot · 09/11/2006 11:48

ooh - I like the chiffon one - I've got one similar to this and it does wonders - hides everything you want hidden!

WigWamBam · 09/11/2006 11:51

I like the first three too ... am hopeless at making decisions. Dh would have a heart attack if he thought I was ordering all three though

The chiffon shrug is nice, Jackie.

OP posts:
schneebly · 09/11/2006 12:00

I love number 2 and it has the lacy shrug with it - I would looove that dress! Well done to everyone on the weights - Jackie you have lost loads!

Read sue's update - she is so strong and determined. Anyone who is prepared to go through all the pallaver so far for a baby is so commited to motherhood. She is going to be such a great mum.

lemonaid · 09/11/2006 12:15

Lacy one, absolutely - except that it's teal-with-black-over-the top so does it count for the theme? If it does then I think it's definitely the best option, with the full-length black (#3) as runner-up.

JackieNo · 09/11/2006 12:21

Oh - the lace one also comes in red and black , just to complicate things.

WigWamBam · 09/11/2006 12:22

The red and black is very vampish, don't you think?

OP posts:
JackieNo · 09/11/2006 13:52

It is quite - is that a good thing, or a bad thing? YOu could also look at it as Christmassy?

WigWamBam · 09/11/2006 13:57

Oh, vampish is definitely a good thing! I think it looks very foxy. If it were a black and red theme there would be no question - I'd have it like a shot.

OP posts:
MrsJohnCusack · 09/11/2006 20:51

I will post more on here when I get broadband (shouldn't be too long now)

waiting for the call right now to say the house is finally ours.....

and well done on all those weight losses. Don't think I've put on any weight again here, but i am getting a tad suspicious of the scales here - not sure how well they work....

JackieNo · 09/11/2006 20:57

HOpe the call comes soon, MrsJC.

WideWebWitch · 09/11/2006 21:03

Oh hello, hello! I like the halter neck best WWB.

I've been so good:

NO WINE since last Sunday.
loads of fruit, mostly 5/6 portions/day
lots of water
not enough exercise (er, none in fact)
soups, salads, veg, chicken (recipe from fat girl slim , fish fingers
some dark chocolate, but 2 squares

And I feel thinnner already, my skirt's looser. I am going to weigh myself on Monday, as that will be one week so I'll report back.

How exciting about Sue.

WideWebWitch · 09/11/2006 21:04

Hope you get your house MrsJC

WigWamBam · 09/11/2006 21:07

Fingers crossed, MrsJC.

Good to see you back, www!

OP posts:

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

Dottydot · 09/11/2006 22:24

Hello WWW - glad you're back! Meanwhile I'm paying for my sins of the past two weeks and I've put 1lb on... Am actually not too stressed about it as I'm already back on the wagon, so hopefully will lose it this week, fingers crossed.

goblinqueen · 10/11/2006 08:06

I exercised last night! 30 mins on elliptical! We had to buy a new elliptical cos I exceeded the maximum weight on the last one by the time I started using it again and it broke

schneebly · 10/11/2006 08:15

fingers crosswed for that phone call mrsjc!

I was not very good yesterday - went out to a pub quiz last night and had 3 (half sugar) bacardi breezers - I am such a chav! Halfway through the quiz they brought chunky chips round for every table and then I had peanuts! Need to do better today although not sure how - I am making spag bol for tea but I got the extra lean mince and I will not have much sauce or any garlic bread - well maybe a little bit!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.