Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Bridesmaid wearing a watch?!

Serenitymummy · 21/08/2018 22:00

This isn’t me but someone I know - was a bridesmaid to a good friend, she was hers a few years ago. Bridezilla (I’ve decided) asked all bridesmaids to take off their watches ‘so they don’t ruin the photos’.

My friend bridesmaid forgot, bridezilla now going mental at her. To the point the friendship might be over. AIBU to think bride is going way ott with this?!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Marmite27 · 22/08/2018 08:56

I wore a watch as a bride, neither of my bridesmaids do on a daily basis so didn’t bother on the day, but I wouldn’t have been cross of they did.

Please
or

mooncuplanding · 22/08/2018 08:57

The bride is a massive bellend

It’s so hard to comprehend how this could even be a thing in someone’s life

Please
or

GrumpyOldMare · 22/08/2018 08:59

For both my weddings,I wore a watch. I wonder if that's the reason that both weddings ended in divorce? Maybe I should get the divorce papers changed to say ''Reason for Divorce-GrumpyoldMare wore a watch at the wedding ceremony''

Please
or

Nesssie · 22/08/2018 09:03

When I was bridesmaid, the bride provided us with matching jewellery to go with the dress. I wouldn’t have worn anything else, it’s her day.
But if I had accidentally left it on, I don’t think she would have made a big fuss, maybe been a bit annoyed but then just asked the photographer to airbrush it out?

Please
or

TheCraicDealer · 22/08/2018 09:05

@SockQueen I wouldn't either but she does have other glasses, and I've also seen her go without them altogether. It's not a massive deal, but they're the photos I definitely wanted nice ones of iyswim.

I wouldn't be bothered about the watch but both times I was BM I took off all my jewellery (except my wedding ring the second time) on the basis that if the bride wanted us to wear jewellery she'd provide it or ask me specifically.

Please
or

lovelovelovepancakes · 22/08/2018 09:18

Want perfect wedding photos then hire models and then you can tell them what to do.

Please
or

Gromance02 · 22/08/2018 10:57

Now there is a marriage that won't last. Worrying about petty details of the wedding rather than the point they are there....the marriage. Losers.

Please
or

Shushandpat · 22/08/2018 11:02

As a bridesmaid I was once told by bridezilla that I wasn't allowed to wear small pearl stud earrings on her wedding day. Tip Of The Iceberg.

Please
or

WindDoesNotBreakTheBendyTree · 22/08/2018 11:09

Oh gosh I thought that bridesmaids were there to dupe the demons to support the bride as their close friends not just to be decorative items in the pictures.

Bride has lost all sense of perspective to the point of it being quite distasteful.

Please
or

ShesABelter · 22/08/2018 11:21

Genuinely couldn't tell you if any of my bridesmaids wore a watch. It never even crossed my mind but I was laid back and not an anal, control freak bridezilla.

Please
or

specialsubject · 22/08/2018 11:23

zilla does indeed need to get her life. And if she is yelling her silly head off over this, dump for good.

pity the groom and give it a year.

Please
or

stayingaliveisawayoflife · 22/08/2018 12:09

I took my fitness band off the day of my spray tan just before my wedding. The tan took more than I realised and when I took the band off on my wedding day I had a dark brown band that had to be covered up with make up. My first and last spray tan!
Oh and me and my hubby bought glasses without reactalite lenses so we could see but didn't look like we were wearing sunglasses. An expense yes but it was worth it!

Please
or

LeftRightCentre · 22/08/2018 12:49

FFS. Watches are not unsightly.

Please
or

2010Aussie · 22/08/2018 12:51

I bet that the bridesmaid got ticked off for wearing a watch

Please
or

SummerRainDrops · 22/08/2018 13:18

Can photographer not photoshop it out of its that much of a problem?

I think bride needs to calm down a bit.

Please
or

QueenCity · 22/08/2018 13:42

I am always amazed at the things people get worked up about. Life must be very hard for some people.

Please
or

redlittlesquirrel · 22/08/2018 14:03

I wore a watch for my sister's wedding last month (as MoH). She had bought earrings (one dangly pair - my ears are pierced twice so I got some plain silver studs to wear too), a necklace for us (matching - hers in cream to go with her dress, mine green to go with mine) but it's a habit to wear a watch so I didn't even think to take it off. The face of the watch does actually match quite well with the dress but that was mainly coincidence.

She didn't mention it as I very much doubt she even noticed - who doesn't better things to think about at their wedding?!

Please
or

Smellylittleoranges · 22/08/2018 14:11

Well if you care more about your wedding photos , the aesthetics etc more than the actual act of getting married , declaring you love ...in front of all your friends and loved ones you will are probably someone i'm not bothered about being a friend with.

Please
or

ShakespearesSisters · 22/08/2018 14:30

I've just fitted some contact lenses for a patient whose sister is getting married soon and has told all the guests they are not to wear glasses. The guests all have to choose an outfit out of the colour palette of aubergine, plum and purple.

Please
or

specialsubject · 22/08/2018 14:31

no glasses to be worn?

another groom needs to run for the hills.

Please
or

specialsubject · 22/08/2018 14:33

and yes, watches are a practical item that can also be decorative. the same cant be said of having to carry a brick phone to tell the time.

Please
or

diddl · 22/08/2018 15:05

I suppose it might depend on the watch.

I wear a cocktail watch when "dressed up".

Tbh, can't say I noticed if my bmaid wore a watch or not.

Please
or

actualpuffins · 22/08/2018 15:12

I wore a gold watch when I got married, which was my great aunt's. It was my "something old".

Please
or

Strugglingtodomybest · 22/08/2018 15:25

Is it me, or are more and more weddings becoming shallower and shallower? Maybe it's just that I read about them on here so much? It just seems to be about appearances for so many people now.

Please
or

actualpuffins · 22/08/2018 15:26

It's you.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.