My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing games and gaming.

Gaming

Pokemon Go #10. See ya later Feralligator, in a while Totodile

992 replies

DoctorTwo · 21/06/2017 20:58

Despite only really playing at the weekend due to working I'm now 180k through Level 31. Today I cheated somewhat. The M25 was stationary, so I opened the app and left it on. I had 8 eggs cooking and between junctions 18 and 22 managed to hatch 7 of them. Mantine, 2x Exegcute, Krabby, Eevee, Togepi and Magby.

Congrats Abbey on reaching Level 30, and commiserations Spammy on not being able to log in.

OP posts:
WhatToDoAboutThis2017 · 23/06/2017 01:07

Yes, that's it, PokemonGo. It's the fact that other plays cheating effects everyone else that bothers me.

FreeNiki · 23/06/2017 01:09

Likewise, you have nothing tangible to lose by being penalised for cheating in Pokemon go

Yeah.

Those who continually cheat will eventually get caught and them cheating does not affect my ability to play or enjoyment of the game.

I have never seen a level 40 player once and im in london. I think it may be alot less widespread.

PickAChew · 23/06/2017 01:10

Why are you so bothered about a single blissey?

FreeNiki · 23/06/2017 01:14

When I'm fighting through a multistory gym full of maxed out blisseys the thought that people have paid for them pisses me off.

I have a nealry maxed out Blissey Confused

I caught 2 chanseys in the valentine event. Walked the shit out of the best chansey to evolve it and kept walking it for power up candy.

Then hatched another chansey last week which gave me a shit load more candy to power up.

You cannot accuse or assume everyone with a maxed out blissey got it as they cheated. I bloody didnt!

Some people on this thread have never seen a tangela or a lapras and i have 6 of each. I am sick and tired of hatching tangela ...ive never caught one. I have caught 3 lapras and hatched 3.

It isnt that uncommon or unusual for someone to have a big Blissey and others if theyve been playing the game alot for the year it has been availble. As I said the game is mostly luck.

WhatToDoAboutThis2017 · 23/06/2017 01:15

And you worked for your Blissey, FreeNiki, so that's fine. I'll happily fight it because it's fair.

The game is not mostly luck if you're a serious player, but we can agree to differ on that point.

FreeNiki · 23/06/2017 01:18

But most of the people with maxed out blisseys at this staged did what i did.

A maxe out Blissey after a year of the games availability....it is not unusual to have that.

You cant assume people cheated and you will never know.

I refuse to believe there are that many people around who care enough about it to pay for someone to catch it.

PokemonGo · 23/06/2017 01:27

I mentioned maxed out blisseys because that's what another poster said they had bought. If you have it because you caught or hatched it then obviously that doesn't bother me (apart from the fact I'm a little jealous Wink)

WhatToDoAboutThis2017 · 23/06/2017 01:31

You cant assume people cheated and you will never know.

I haven't. I'm not sure where you're getting that from because I haven't said anything I'd the sort.

In fact, what I believe I said was that I didn't think I'd ever come across a cheater in my town.

WhatToDoAboutThis2017 · 23/06/2017 01:31

*Of the sort, not I'd.

FreeNiki · 23/06/2017 01:32

When I'm fighting through a multistory gym full of maxed out blisseys the thought that people have paid for them pisses me off. 🤷🏻‍♀️. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it but it is annoying and lessens my enjoyment of the game.

Sounds like an assumption.

It never crosses my mind.

WhatToDoAboutThis2017 · 23/06/2017 01:43

Sounds like an assumption.

I did not say that. You are quoting another poster.

PokemonGo · 23/06/2017 01:50

FreNikki. I think you are getting your posters mixed up. I'm my town I did assume some of the maxed out Blisseys were cheaters and seeing as they all disappeared after the last banwave I also presume I was correct 😂

Like I said I'm not losing sleep over it but I think people who cheat at a game like Pokémon are annoying and I hope they are all caught and banned and that Pokémon are all humanely (sp?) put to sleep

I don't know the stats but I know that zillions of people (not much of an exaggeration Wink) have downloaded apps etc that have no other purpose than cheating (spoofing/bottling etc).

FreeNiki · 23/06/2017 02:30

Whatever

Niantic just released a statement that you have to be level 35+ to participate in raid battles. Now that is unfair. Only 6 million xp needed before you can raid.

FreeNiki · 23/06/2017 02:30

I only just reached level 35 having played daily for a full year.

WhatToDoAboutThis2017 · 23/06/2017 02:36

"Whatever"? You mix posters up, people point it out and you can't admit when you're wrong?

Not an "oh sorry, yeah you're right, got you mixed up!"?

Wow.

It is a shame to have to wait until Level 35 but I don't think it's unfair.

FreeNiki · 23/06/2017 02:38

This reply has been deleted

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

WhatToDoAboutThis2017 · 23/06/2017 02:39

Why are you being so rude?

WhatToDoAboutThis2017 · 23/06/2017 03:07

Oh my god I'm so happy! I was just casually checking Pokemon Go and a Hitmonchan appeared in my house!

I've been looking for one of them for forever! So happy. It's high CP but 'not much headway' so can't fight with it. Still, another for the Pokedex!

So, after my mass evolve from this event which I'll do tomorrow after a lot of studying, I now have just 15 left from Gen 1 (excluding regionals and legendaries).

Majority are grass Pokemon evolutions (gloom, vileplume, weepin and victrebell, exeggecutor)

The only ones I need to catch/hatch that I can't walk are Scyther, Snorlax, Porygon and Duduo.

I am one happy bunny Easter Smile

PsammeadPaintedTheLion · 23/06/2017 07:01

Level 35?!

Omg.

Dd1 is going to be devastated. I better gain 6 levels by 3o' clock today.

NamelessEnsign · 23/06/2017 07:18

Glad to see the new gym status! I have been playing since July 21st, daily, but I live in the sticks with one gym a ten minute walk away and only a few stops. Crap Pokemon, no nests, very little reward, but I play daily. I'm level 29, no cheating, and it will probably be a year before I get to level 35! A bit exclusively surely?

HashiAsLarry · 23/06/2017 07:24

I thought I was doing ok at lvl 31. Will be a while before I hit 35 Shock

jennielou75 · 23/06/2017 07:33

Gyms are open. No coins though. Pokémon go plus not registering them so you have to have the app open. Can battle by yourself.

jennielou75 · 23/06/2017 07:38

Oops sorry didn't realise the level 35 raid thing!

Igneococcus · 23/06/2017 08:46

One of the three gyms that I can access has disappeared, no sign of it, not even just greyed out or anything.

PsammeadPaintedTheLion · 23/06/2017 08:56

Is it possible the level 35 thing is for beta testing purposes and that it'll be released for lower levels (from level 20, perhaps) in the future? I seriously have seen maybe one gym regular in my town who is level 35. The rest are like me, between around 26 to 32.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.