My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing games and gaming.

Gaming

Pokemon Go #10. See ya later Feralligator, in a while Totodile

992 replies

DoctorTwo · 21/06/2017 20:58

Despite only really playing at the weekend due to working I'm now 180k through Level 31. Today I cheated somewhat. The M25 was stationary, so I opened the app and left it on. I had 8 eggs cooking and between junctions 18 and 22 managed to hatch 7 of them. Mantine, 2x Exegcute, Krabby, Eevee, Togepi and Magby.

Congrats Abbey on reaching Level 30, and commiserations Spammy on not being able to log in.

OP posts:
KatyBerry · 11/07/2017 09:42

Just got 50! Maybe I'm in a different time zone or something?!

WhatToDoAboutThis2017 · 11/07/2017 09:51

KatyBerry Maybe you'd already got your coins for that day?

cottonwool125 · 11/07/2017 09:56

WhatToDo yep, caught in the wild Smile I arrived 30 minutes early for my shift so went on a walk around the area to get some distance on my 10km egg and hatch a 5km bloody Staryu and saw this pop up on my nearby list!

She's actually my second wild Donphan- the first one I caught has a lovely move set and is deemed as 'really strong' so I've never really needed to evolve one. Plus I've only ever caught one Phanpy!

Ooh congrats on the chancey! Is it a decent one?

WhatToDoAboutThis2017 · 11/07/2017 10:01

cottonwool125 Nice! What is its appraisal?

I've never seen a Phanphy in the wild either; I've hatched all mine. I've been quite lucky so I've got two high CP wonder Donphans and they're great in battle.

Thanks! It's 454 CP and caught attention so it's not bad! I wasn't expecting her to be good so pinapped to get double candy to power up my Blissey.

PsammeadPaintedTheLion · 11/07/2017 10:47

Igneo - I did something almost identical today! I took on a gym, got all the Pokémon down to a few hundred CP, managed to knock one out, and then the bus came Grin is it near a bus stop?

Igneococcus · 11/07/2017 11:12

It's at a single lane bridge across a loch psammead. You can access it from on the bridge or below. If you are on the bridge you are in full view of the cars waiting at the lights to cross the bridge and below the bridge there is a very narrow pavement. I think this is why this gym barely ever changes. There is nowhere you can stop with a car and access it, you are pretty conspicious while you battle to everyone driving past and, this being West coast Scotland, there is a good chance you get soaked while you are there. We did a raid there a few days ago and ds and I were dripping wet by the time we got home.

BSJohnson · 11/07/2017 11:14

Joining to say hi! (after lurking)

My contribution is that you get a coin for every ten mins your Pokemon is in a gym, so six coins an hour.

The fifty coins a day cash back seems to be midnight to midnight, though I haven't tested it myself.

Soubriquet · 11/07/2017 12:05

Look what my dh bought me for our anniversary Grin

HandbagKrabby · 11/07/2017 12:13

I got one for my birthday! Happy anniversary :)

Hatched a diglet so I can evolve a dugtrio when ds gets home. Did a quilava raid with half an omastar. The way raids ramp up between levels is very steep!

PsammeadPaintedTheLion · 11/07/2017 12:13

A Pokémon go plus and a dead dog! Aww. Grin

Soubriquet · 11/07/2017 12:34

Grin she has just got back from a walk so it's snooze time

PsammeadPaintedTheLion · 11/07/2017 12:41

She's a lovely dog. Smile

So, everyone, seeing as Pokémon is now a year old, what is the oldest Pokémon still in your pokedex?

Mine is a Weezing, caught on the 30th July. I remember catching it, I think it was the rarest one I had ever caught at that point.

Soubriquet · 11/07/2017 13:31

My oldest is electrabuzz. 25 June 2016

PsammeadPaintedTheLion · 11/07/2017 13:33

June? Cool, were you a beta tester?

Soubriquet · 11/07/2017 13:41

No. I did the naughty download where I signed in from America. Switched it over when it was released in the U.K. Grin

Got my raichav

AbbeyRoadCrossing · 11/07/2017 13:53

Wow congratulations on Blissey! I've only got one Chancey caught in the valentines event.

I'm making good progress on generation 1. Just need 3 more Abra candy, a decent Eevee to evolve into Flareon (I think I'll give in and use the name trick rather than chance as I've waited ages!) And then get walking with Mankey. My Mankey isn't great though. Does it matter? I hardly ever see them and I don't think they hatch so I think I'll settle for a rubbish Primape.

Soubriquet · 11/07/2017 13:54

Not June sorry! July!! Blush 25 July

PsammeadPaintedTheLion · 11/07/2017 14:05

That does make more sense. Grin

I'd love a Chansey! It's my last non-walkable, except for Unown.

I also have three to go for gen 1 and am in a similar position with Mankey. I don't have a great one, but I am not sure I need a great one. My problem is that I don't have any particularly brilliant fighting Pokémon. I have a highly rated Machamp, but it's got crap moves. So maybe a great Primeape would be worth the wait. Ho hum.

HandbagKrabby · 11/07/2017 14:22

I'm walking mankey, finally got my bronze fighting medal after evolving polywrath as those types are so thin on the ground. Going to do sandshrew next I think as I've had even less of them.

BSJohnson · 11/07/2017 14:35

My oldest is a Horsea (now a Seadra) from July 24th.

I'm determined to get my Youngster gold medal this summer. Only 63 tiny Rattata to go.... Grin

PsammeadPaintedTheLion · 11/07/2017 15:20

That's dedication! We've only just got our silver a couple of weeks ago.

Dd1 loves the badges. We're close to jogger gold, magikarp silver and raid bronze.

I only really care about the 'type' badges. Ghost, Steel and Electric are all silver, Fighting and Dragon are bronze. The rest are gold.

cottonwool125 · 11/07/2017 16:15

WhatToDo i haven't bothered IV checking purely because I know I have a better one, and the move set I don't think is very good (tackle and play rough), whereas my Donphan I already have has counter and earthquake. Comes in as 'strong' on appraisal, which is one down from 'battle with the best of them' so not bad by any means. Can't bring myself to get rid of her though! Love Donphan Grin

You're so lucky finding a wild one. Never hatched or even seen a chansey shadow Sad I have a 10km on 9.5 though so who knows!

cottonwool125 · 11/07/2017 16:17

Oh and just to join in with your discussion- my oldest Pokemon is a Hypno from the 15th august! A spring chicken compared to most of your 'mon Grin

PsammeadPaintedTheLion · 11/07/2017 19:32

Wow, another new pokestop just appeared near me. That's the third one within 'sight' on my map since shortly before the gym update.

loc · 11/07/2017 19:57

Oldest Pokémon is hitmonlee from 25th July. I used to see these a lot in the early days. I never see hitmon types now. 😟

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.