Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Taskmaster Series 13

Idontknowhowtohelpher · 15/04/2022 17:07

Started last night - Ardal O’Hanlon, comedian Bridget Christie, Chris Ramsey, Judi Love and actress and podcaster Sophie Duker. And of these my favourite is Sophie, even though I had no idea who she was. Another laugh out loud show!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Parpophone · 15/04/2022 17:25

Great to have TM back on TV. Apparently this series was filmed at the same time that Judi was doing Strictly!

There is a Taskmaster podcast (with Ed Gamble) which is released immediately after every new episode. Highly recommended.

When there is no current series airing they go back through the previous ones episode by episode.

On today's one he said that there is also a new TM based podcast with Lou Sanders. Haven't tried that one yet.

Please
or

MrBallLegs · 15/04/2022 17:38

I love Taskmaster, so was glad to see it back on. I'm not a big fan of Judi Love but I thought she was hilarious last night.

Please
or

JoyDivisionOvenGlovesx · 15/04/2022 17:57

It was a great start last night, really liked them all.

I do love the way they tend to have a slightly confused, middle aged / can’t really be arsed person in each series now (that’ll be Ardal) - I feel represented.

Please
or

JoyDivisionOvenGlovesx · 15/04/2022 17:59

@MrBallLegs

I love Taskmaster, so was glad to see it back on. I'm not a big fan of Judi Love but I thought she was hilarious last night.

I agree. I’ve seen Judi in other stuff & didn’t really engage, but think she’ll be such good value in this. Epic bullshitter.
Please
or

Heckythump1 · 15/04/2022 18:01

Is there a duck on my face?!!

Please
or

Idontknowhowtohelpher · 15/04/2022 19:49

Oh, I agree about Judi. I'd only seen her on Strictly and wasn't that bothered - but she was so quick witted on Taskmaster. And how she kept a straight face I don't know!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Samcro · 15/04/2022 19:54

I really ejoyed it, only know chris and judi from strictly, and the guy from father ted. But they all seem fun.

Please
or

YessicaHaircut · 15/04/2022 20:01

Amazing, thank you OP! I don’t watch a lot of tv these days (unless CBeebies counts) so hadn’t clocked there was a new series. Can’t wait to watch on catch up Smile
Definitely agree with pp about loving the older contestants; Jo Brand and David Baddiel making a sandwich at a leisurely pace (S9 ep2) is one of my all time favourite TM moments.

Please
or

BarryKentPoet · 15/04/2022 20:04

I love TM and this looks to be a great series! I laughed at so many bits last night.

Please
or

BarryKentPoet · 15/04/2022 20:05

Speaking of the older contestants, Bob Mortimer singing "Rosalind's a fucking nightmare" will always make me laugh!

Please
or

AmandaStaveleysBlackNWhiteArmy · 15/04/2022 20:07

Just caught up on this episode and Judi made me laugh so much. Sophie was great, trying to think what I have watched recently with her in.

Please
or

strrawberriesandcream · 15/04/2022 20:16

I enjoyed it, I love Chris Ramsey his podcast with his wife is hysterical they have a fab relationship

Please
or

autienotnaughty · 15/04/2022 21:21

Love task master. Big Chris Ramsey fan. Ardals quite funny. Wasn't fussed for judi on strictly but she's actually very funny Sophies good too. No heard of the other woman before.

Please
or

autienotnaughty · 15/04/2022 21:21

@strrawberriesandcream

I enjoyed it, I love Chris Ramsey his podcast with his wife is hysterical they have a fab relationship

Love it I saw them live they were so good.
Please
or

Matchingcollarandcuffs · 15/04/2022 21:25

Just watched it on catch up and it's the only site that all of us will watch together ((DH, me, 3x teens).

Judi is so sharp/quick, agreed about Sophie, she's amazing.

Also would run away with Greg in a heartbeat

Please
or

Halsall · 16/04/2022 09:03

Sophie Duker is good, and smart. She won Celebrity Mastermind the other week. This should be a good series.

Please
or

spirallingupwards · 17/04/2022 09:26

I need to watch this, I've had a crush on Chris Ramsey for a long time! Did antibody else watch Hebburn, the sitcom he was in?

Please
or

fffffeeeedddduupp · 17/04/2022 20:45

@spirallingupwards

I need to watch this, I've had a crush on Chris Ramsey for a long time! Did antibody else watch Hebburn, the sitcom he was in?

Yes!!! I loved it. I love Chris Ramsey and his wife, I never miss the podcast. They have their tv show starting soon.
Please
or

GreyHairdontcare1982 · 18/04/2022 23:00

I’m going back through old series now having never watched it before and I’m currently on series 3 I think with Al Murray and Rob Beckett. Does anyone know if Al Murray is as big a knob as he appears on this? I get. A very strange vibe from him on this show but previously had no issue with him.

Please
or

Mooserp · 26/04/2022 10:15

Another good episode I thought. Loved the bit where Chris went too Geordie for Greg 😆

Please
or

Idontknowhowtohelpher · 28/04/2022 17:06

All hail Queen Zafufu!😃

OP's posts:
Please
or

WhatICallMyUsername · 28/04/2022 21:09

Bubbles!

Please
or

coffeeneeded · 28/04/2022 21:20

Dolly the sheep

Please
or

Idontknowhowtohelpher · 29/04/2022 22:21

I loved that none of the women got Alex wet at all! And that he designed that task, so couldn't complain. And the look on Chris's face when he decided not to worry about going for the extra point and just sprayed Alex anyway!
What a good series this is!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Mooserp · 01/05/2022 12:25

I'm loving it. Really feel good and fun.

Think I'm developing a crush on Ardal 😁

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.