Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

I'm looking for a 'nude' lipstick...

69 replies

LifeInAHamsterWheel · 03/10/2022 10:03

I want a lipstick, but a nice creamy/satin one, not matte or anything described as 'long wearing' as I have dry lips.

Tomorrow I'll be in a big posh department store with every brand imaginable! I usually shop online and don't have a dept. store near me so this is a once-off for me and I thought it would be an ideal time to get a new lipstick as it's not the sort of thing you can buy online.

So, hit me with your recommendations please. Of course I'll look at CT Pillowtalk, but interested to hear if there are others that might work. Thank you Smile

OP posts:
Please
or

mrsjimhopper · 03/10/2022 10:04

I have ladies choice by benefit and quite like it.

But more knowledgeable mnners will be here soon!

Please
or

mrsjimhopper · 03/10/2022 10:07

Looks like they don't make it any more sorry!

Please
or

JofraArchersFastestBall · 03/10/2022 10:09

I was going to recommend glossier ultralip in Villa, the only lipstick I've ever loved! It's a perfect nude for me (pale, pink undertones, awkward in most lipsticks!)

Sadly I don't think they sell in department stores, but worth bearing in mind for the future if you don't find anything perfect tomorrow.

www.glossier.com/products/ultralip

Please
or

Pkrwbssdp · 03/10/2022 10:14

www.charlottetilbury.com/uk/product/k-i-s-s-i-n-g-penelope-pink

The Charlotte tilbury KISSING range is good and this is a lovely shade - not too drying at all

Please
or

Pkrwbssdp · 03/10/2022 10:15

Pkrwbssdp · 03/10/2022 10:14

www.charlottetilbury.com/uk/product/k-i-s-s-i-n-g-penelope-pink

The Charlotte tilbury KISSING range is good and this is a lovely shade - not too drying at all

Pillow talk I tend to find quite matte and drying on already dry lips

Please
or

whatsgoingonnnnn · 03/10/2022 10:18

I love CT Penelope Pink.

Mac - kinda sexy

Chanel - rouge coco flash in Boy

Please
or

TellMeWhere · 03/10/2022 10:24

I keep getting spammed by these Givenchy ones when I'm on Facebook. I haven't tried but they look nice...

www.givenchybeauty.com/int/en/p/le-rouge-sheer-velvet-F20100140.html?dwvar_F20100140_color=BEIGE-272

Please
or

GameOfLifer · 03/10/2022 10:26

Mac Faux

Please
or

Midnights · 03/10/2022 10:31

How much are you willing to spend? ByTerry do a few lovely ones, so do Clé de Peau - not drying at all!

Please
or

CourtneeLuv · 03/10/2022 10:32

I think pillowtalk makes most people look like they are dead.

Please
or

LordEmsworth · 03/10/2022 10:54

I recently found that my perfect nude shade is Nars Dolce Vita ... I wouldn't have guessed that from a swatch but it works better for me than Pillow Talk

Please
or

LifeInAHamsterWheel · 03/10/2022 11:39

Yes I'm not sure that PillowTalk will suit me, but I'm glad that I'll be able to see it in person to be sure. I do like the look of Penelope Pink! And there are other good suggestions there too, so thank you all Smile I've not set myself a budget and I'm definitely not leaving without a lipstick!! But I will make sure that the colour and texture are what I want.

OP posts:
Please
or

itsthesoundofthepolice · 03/10/2022 11:44

CT pillow talk makes me look like a corpse just doesn't suit my colouring at all.

I'm dark hair, blue eyes fair complexion with fairly neutral undertones. My favourite nudes are MAC blankety or babetown.

Please
or

gowestlifeispeacefulthere · 03/10/2022 11:47

I bought MAC Cream In My Coffee after Dominic Skinner a la Glow Up said it was the nude everyone should have in their handbag. I'm very easily led Grin

Please
or

muddlingthrou · 03/10/2022 11:50

My fave lipsticks are Bobbi brown - lovely creamy consistency, which I don't find drying at all.

Please
or

AlwaysFoldingWashing · 03/10/2022 11:50

GameOfLifer · 03/10/2022 10:26

Mac Faux

This is my top choice too

Please
or

Lilliflip · 03/10/2022 11:54

L’Oréal colour riche beige a nu (shade 630) is nice, it’s not drying at all as it’s satin. Plus it makes a nice change from my usual reds and pinks. It’s about £9 too.

Please
or

ChardonnaysBeastlyCat · 03/10/2022 11:56

NARS Dolce Vita or try Bobbi Brown. There have a lovely range.

also, Chanel have just brought out a range of nudes.

Please
or

ImherewithBoudica · 03/10/2022 12:00

Another vote for Chanel. Love the texture of their lipsticks and an assistant was recently great at finding a nude that works on me as I'm quite dark/cool. Mademoiselle is my favourite of theirs.

Please
or

thepurplewhisperer · 03/10/2022 12:12

MAC.

Lovely choice of nudes and different finishes. Last ages and are the only range I finish a product and buy more.

Please
or

xogossipgirlxo · 03/10/2022 13:24

L'Oreal in gold packaging (colour rich is the name, I think) in 235 Nude. It's more pink nude, I love it. Very creamy and gives satin finish.

Please
or

xogossipgirlxo · 03/10/2022 13:24

Lilliflip · 03/10/2022 11:54

L’Oréal colour riche beige a nu (shade 630) is nice, it’s not drying at all as it’s satin. Plus it makes a nice change from my usual reds and pinks. It’s about £9 too.

I think we posted about the same product, just different colour. I need to check out 630 then.

Please
or

Justcashnosweets · 03/10/2022 13:47

Another vote for L'oreal Beige a Nu. I just bought it at the weekend and its lovely. Not drying at all.

Please
or

loeweviva · 03/10/2022 13:54

I'm a big fan of nars dolce vita too. I wouldn't say it's a nude on me though. Please look at Chantacaille lipsticks, particularly the 'lip chic' ones, they come out different than they look in the stick but they are so natural and flattering. Pricy but they are so good they are worth it.

Please
or

Ratonastick · 03/10/2022 13:57

I’m another one that looks dreadful in Pillow Talk, but VeryVictoria is a much better nude for my (ghost like) complexion. CT seems to have a very clear approach to colour, but plenty of options within that.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?