Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Sandals to walk in all day

AssignedBlobbyAtBirth · 14/05/2022 09:31

I am going away and need something that looks good as is comfortable. When I say look good my usual style would be something chunky like a doc sandal
I walk around 10-20,000 steps in a day and I'm not finding docs comfortable. The straps start to rub. I have fairly wide feet and ideally need an arch support
I was wondering if fit flop or skechers might fit the bill. Some of the Croc sandals look good too. I have limited funds and it's frustrating when they start out comfortable but can't last the day

OP's posts:
Please
or

LeastofLeicester · 14/05/2022 09:43

Hotter. Yes some styles are definitely more appropriate for 80+, but they do have some classic styles that are nice. I'm in my 30s and have a nice pair of wedge sandles with white straps for work. I can be on my feet all day and they're really comfy.

Please
or

Fireyflies · 14/05/2022 09:46

The only sandals I've ever found comfy to walk all day in are the proper walking sandals - from Mountain Warehouse or similar. Price varies a lot and some (comfy) ones are quite cheap. Not terribly stylish though

Please
or

Dashie · 14/05/2022 09:46

I have found fit flop sandals very comfortable. I have a pair called ‘Lulu’ with blackstrap and cross over strap at the front.
They often have discounts if you sign up for newsletters I think.
I needed to get one size bigger than my usual.

Please
or

wondabar · 14/05/2022 09:47

I have some Teva leather midform sandals which are the most comfortable shoes. Like walking on clouds.

Please
or

RaininSummer · 14/05/2022 10:01

I can only wear fit flop sandals as I have plantar fasciitis and they are brilliant.

Please
or

Mimijamroll · 14/05/2022 10:13

I've found that skechers are good. My ones are called reggae sandals.

Please
or

Pearlyqueen21 · 14/05/2022 10:34

Years ago I bought a Karrimor pair that were v cheap on Amazon, and they’re so comfy! I’m dreading the day they fall apart because I can’t find exactly the same style anymore. However, this looks like the current version class="underline">medium=affiliate&utmcampaign=RedBrain&utmcontent=15&utmterm=3354356&ranMID=43869&ranEAID=pfxNKSnglIM&ranSiteID=pfxNKSnglIM-eWp7iexKsMuunGgYCIY1jw#colcode=18801474 here

Please
or

Pearlyqueen21 · 14/05/2022 10:39

Sorry, link won’t work

Sandals to walk in all day
Please
or

CorsicaDreaming · 14/05/2022 10:41

@Pearlyqueen21 - link works fine for me. Love the raspberry coloured one. I've just bought some. Thanks for the tip 😄

Please
or

zafferana · 14/05/2022 10:44

I swear by Merrell sandals. I had a pair for about 10 years that are very comfortable for walking anywhere, from city streets to national parks. They are a similar style to the Karrimor ones above and come in many colours. Mine are off white with turquoise detail and I put them in the washing machine periodically to freshen them up and they come out as good as new.

Please
or

Kangaruby · 14/05/2022 10:44

I find my fit flops the best, i do find that I can't wear the same pair for several day, so I alternate with my tevas and a pair of m and s foot glove ones. I relented and got a hotter pair and unfortunately they rub on me. It is like finding the holy grail!

Please
or

Bickles · 14/05/2022 10:52

The Salina sandals linked to are so comfortable! I have them in cream suede and they don’t look too horrible either

Please
or

seething1234 · 14/05/2022 10:55

Merrell Footwear are amazing. I haven't tried their sandals but would recommend the brand.

Please
or

Kangaruby · 14/05/2022 10:58

Have just bought a pair of merrells to add to my collection, £25 from nevis sport, so not the end of the world if they don't work out.

Please
or

Roominmyhouse · 14/05/2022 10:59

I bought some from hotter, they are super comfy!

Please
or

CaveMum · 14/05/2022 10:59

I’ve recently bought some Merrell walking sandals. I’ve not worn them for any huge length of time but they’ve certainly been comfy and in the grand scheme of “ugly” sandals I think they’re actually not bad looking!

https://www.merrell.com/UK/en_GB/terran-3-cush-cross/52588W.html?dwvar_52588W_color=J004666#cgid=merrell-sandals&start=1

Please
or

thirstyformore · 14/05/2022 10:59

I bought some doc marten sandals last year. Have worn them constantly. Done city breaks, long walks etc. they are super comfy and really hard wearing. I couldn't bring myself to wear proper waking sandals!

Please
or

OldTinHat · 14/05/2022 11:08

Fit Flops, Fit Flops or Fit Flops would be my recommendation 😁

Please
or

nearlyspringyay · 14/05/2022 11:23

Archies flip flops. I have PF and need the support. They are so comfortable.

Please
or

boogiewithasuitcase · 14/05/2022 11:24

Pearlyqueen21

Years ago I bought a Karrimor pair that were v cheap on Amazon, and they’re so comfy! I’m dreading the day they fall apart because I can’t find exactly the same style anymore. However, this looks like the current version class="underline">medium=affiliate&utmcampaign=RedBrain&utmcontent=15&utmterm=3354356&ranMID=43869&ranEAID=pfxNKSnglIM&ranSiteID=pfxNKSnglIM-eWp7iexKsMuunGgYCIY1jw#colcode=18801474 here

I have seen similar on eBay recently.

I have a black and white pair and am looking forward to wearing them all day in the summer. Smile

Please
or

PortiaFimbriata · 14/05/2022 11:27

Proper walking sandals from an outdoor shop with lots of velcro. Merrell, Teva, Karrimor etc. If you want something for a specific job then get something designed for that job.

Please
or

Echosound · 14/05/2022 11:47

Birkenstocks with the soft footbed are ultimate sandal comfort for me

Please
or

downtonupton · 14/05/2022 18:46

i swear by Birkensticks too and I have PF and am very over weight - can walk all day in my Birkenstocks...

Please
or

jewishmum · 14/05/2022 18:48

I have very nice sandals from Hotter, very comfortable, like walking on sponge.

Please
or

itssquidstella · 14/05/2022 18:48

Tevas are really good. I also find my Birkenstocks really comfortable and can walk miles in them, but I know some people find them much less easy to wear for long periods.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.