Please
or
to access all these features

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Site stuff

Right MNHQ, I'm looking at you.

464 replies

ShowOfHands · 02/02/2010 13:55

You know what I want. Enough with the delayed gratification.

I will not be moved. I have a banner.

Do it.

OP posts:
Hullygully · 02/02/2010 15:54

In the interests of accuracy, SOH, I don't care if we have one or not because I haven't got anything to say about sex (too old now), but I defend your right to have one if you want it.

TheElephant · 02/02/2010 15:55

sorry i agree with Justine
youd get all kinds of loons and MN would lose its role

Hullygully · 02/02/2010 15:55

Let's call the dinner ladies out on strike.

PixieOnaLeaf · 02/02/2010 15:55

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn

Hullygully · 02/02/2010 15:56

A white one, Madame?

Pish.

I raise you a purple pennant. And a Frankie Howerd.

threetimemummy · 02/02/2010 15:57
  1. SOH has arguments just as good as the weirdos will come" argument...as she points out, it will happen anyway.

1. Bella - is it scary that I understood your venn diagram?!?

1. This should be nominated for classics. Has been a great laugh!!

1. Wat exactly IS the bumsex obsession about on MN??

1. 5 is just here purely because I like lists.

1. And they should have an EVEN number of points.
PixieOnaLeaf · 02/02/2010 16:00

Message withdrawn

HelenMumsnet · 02/02/2010 16:00
HelenMumsnet · 02/02/2010 16:01

Message withdrawn

ShowOfHands · 02/02/2010 16:04

They won't come because we have a Friday Night topic, they won't even know. How would they even find it? Will people be recommending it on pervsanon.com? Are they watching us now?

MN would lose its role? So nobody would talk about children anymore, nobody would ask for advice, conception wouldn't be discussed, antenatal threads would vanish and nobody but nobody would support anybody else because we had one more topic. And attract the loons to the topic? Good. Then hide the fecking thing. That's the point. You wouldn't have to look at it.

Hully, I'm not bothered either actually. I want the topic so that I can hide it too.

You'd still have the same regulars, you'd still have super sleuths bof and reality telling the trolls to bugger off. Nothing would change.

This thread has made me cross.

OP posts:
psychomum5 · 02/02/2010 16:04

ShowofHands.....

I am confused.....

you are asking for a special friday night topic (completely agree with you BTW, good ask), BUT

tis tuesday afternoon........and you all talking sex.......wrong day and time, you are not helping your cause!!!

Rhubarb · 02/02/2010 16:06

What is my question? Dalek cock?

See that sonic screwdriver right? That can do things no ordinary screwdriver can do - you get me?

If Doctor Who has five hearts or whatever, how many cocks does that make? After all, all that excess blood has to go somewhere right?

Is Davros actually just Dalek cock?

Rhubarb · 02/02/2010 16:07

If Doctor Who was a woman, would her sonic screwdriver be a vibrator?

BitOfFun · 02/02/2010 16:09

I vote for a Friday Night topic too- but I shall confine my own smuttishness to everywhere else, I think. Malificient can have her buttplug masterclass in the separate topic and I can remain none the wiser.

ShowOfHands · 02/02/2010 16:09

And actually, I think we all have the intelligence to know that choosing to share our own experiences on here is something we do with caution and discretion. People won't be sharing all manner of sexual predilections because there's the topics there. The weirdos will be what they always were and most people will ignore them.

The true weirdos, the damaging trolls are the emotional vampires who ask innocuous questions and garner support for troubling realities and feed off that. But with them, as with the sex pests, you can only temper what you post yourself. You won't change MNers and the soul of the place but you might allow some people the choice to customise MN to how they want it, and to hide certain threads from nosey children who read over their shoulders. And to allow vulnerable people to post in relationships for advice at a difficult time without rubbing up against bumsex.

OP posts:
Bella32 · 02/02/2010 16:11

What's wrong with weirdies in a nutshell, Justine? Have you got an allergy, love?

ShowOfHands · 02/02/2010 16:12

psycho, oh but it's good to see you chick. And so alive, how marvellous.

I'm asking today because I've been asking for months. I tried asking on a Friday, I tried emailing MNHQ and got fobbed off with 'go and start a thread and see what others think' and 'we'll take a vote on it'. Nobody got back to me, so I'm bringing out the Tuesday afternoon big guns.

OP posts:
Antdamm · 02/02/2010 16:12

'rubbing up against bumsex'

But, in all seriousness, I think ShowOfHands is right, I agree completely with what she is saying.

Bella32 · 02/02/2010 16:14

It's the advertisers, innit?
Boden won't do a Great Bumsex Skirt
Chill, Johnnie.

ShowOfHands · 02/02/2010 16:15

It's easy enough to make though. I mean, it's a flap essentially.

OP posts:
Rhubarb · 02/02/2010 16:15

You couldn't fancy Matt Smith's cock could you? That would just be wrong, his balls probably haven't even dropped yet, bless him.

If DT is Scottish would his pubes be ginger?

Do men ejaculate with an accent?

Hullygully · 02/02/2010 16:17
ShowOfHands · 02/02/2010 16:17

I heard it has eyebrows and teeth Rhuby.

Well according to active convos, if you don't hear the accent the first time round, you could just ask 'come again'.

See BoF's link for further details.

OP posts:
ShowOfHands · 02/02/2010 16:19

Right, I'm pulling out my final weapon.

I bet moldies has a Friday Night Topic

OP posts:
crumpette · 02/02/2010 16:19

Wouldn't be good for boden advertisting, no. But I see an opportunity for clearblue ovulation tests and zita west, why oh why can we not conceive [bumsex] ooh sorry

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.