Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

June 2023 Babies ☀️ (thread four)

244 replies

firsttimelondonmummy · 23/01/2023 21:53

Hey all,
We are getting close to full so getting another thread ready 😊

OP posts:
Please
or

chocolatebuttonlover · 23/01/2023 21:54

Jumping back on this! I have my 20 week scan tomorrow - SO NERVOUS!

Please
or

firsttimelondonmummy · 23/01/2023 21:58

@dresslol @belami @DrinkingAllTheGin @BellaTheDarkOverlord @Zaalfruit @PurBal @ImHopeful2023 @BobbySD345 @LT103 @C1umsyGiraffe @Hlc86 @Algor1thm @HalWin2221 @toomanysausages

OP posts:
Please
or

Belami · 23/01/2023 22:02

Thanks for the tag @firsttimelondonmummy ♥️

All the best for tomorrow @chocolatebuttonlover !!

Please
or

Babybaby66 · 23/01/2023 22:43

Wow thread 4! I’ve been silently trying to keep up with everyone on the other threads but haven’t been very chatty as I’ve been really unwell with sickness and various other bits - finally feeling a bit more human.

Exciting to see everyone’s scan updates, mines on Friday!

Please
or

Kladebs · 23/01/2023 23:27

I've mainly been lurking and no

Please
or

Kladebs · 23/01/2023 23:28

Not posting. Also typing too fast and posting early 😂

Please
or

Zaalfruit · 24/01/2023 03:14

Thank you @firsttimelondonmummy for tagging me :)

@chocolatebuttonlover good luck !!

Please
or

PurBal · 24/01/2023 06:01

Thank you @firsttimelondonmummy

Please
or

PurBal · 24/01/2023 06:09

I know a couple of you mentioned names on the other thread. Any advice on how to get DH to shift from the only one he’ll even entertain?

Please
or

Babybaby66 · 24/01/2023 06:31

@PurBal zero advice but same issue here. We have had to stop speaking about names as we are so polar opposite! Boyfriend only likes the names that are really popular and I like something a bit less so!! Good luck 🤞🏼

Please
or

LT103 · 24/01/2023 06:44

I hadn’t even noticed. Thanks for setting up another thread!

Please
or

firsttimelondonmummy · 24/01/2023 07:17

@PurBal my easy solution was to give him the surname as we aren’t married 😂
Also I found DP liked modern names and I liked traditional so we went for a traditional name where the nickname is modern hence Theo aka Theodore.
I also sent him list on lists on lists.
It wasn’t a spark moment it was just the only name we both equally liked and felt fit 😊

OP posts:
Please
or

C1umsyGiraffe · 24/01/2023 07:17

Thanks for the tag @firsttimelondonmummy!

I'm in a bit of a similar conundrum, we've been invited to my cousins wedding, I really want to go as we were really close when we were younger, but it's July 23rd, my due date is June 22nd 😬 it's not local, maybe 3 hour drive and would require a hotel which I think might make it easier as we'd have somewhere to retreat to if needed, and my husband can just take baby back to the hotel, but just wondered what other people thought? If it's a complete fantasy or actually achievable?

Please
or

firsttimelondonmummy · 24/01/2023 07:18

@Babybaby66 you and your partner sound like us 😂 we had a nightmare agreeing.
Definitely try what we did though (find a traditional name that shortens to something more modern) 😊🤞🏻

OP posts:
Please
or

firsttimelondonmummy · 24/01/2023 07:20

@C1umsyGiraffe we are due date twins 🥳
I’ve said no to a wedding in July purely due to the fact it’s DP’s friends and I’m planning on BF and feels like a party wedding more than child friendly.
Best friend on the other hand has a wedding a month after giving birth where she’s a bridesmaid and she’s planning on BF too but hoping to pump and let her DP take a leading babysitting role.
I think it depends how much you want to go right 😊

OP posts:
Please
or

firsttimelondonmummy · 24/01/2023 07:20

@C1umsyGiraffe I asked a friend about it yesterday and she said they took their DD away at 10 weeks to Ibiza and it was the easiest holiday they had with her 😂

OP posts:
Please
or

C1umsyGiraffe · 24/01/2023 07:23

@firsttimelondonmummy aww exciting! When's your 29 week scan? Mines next Thursday which I know is the earliest they can do but I'm getting so impatient 😂

Yeah, I'm hoping to breastfeed but it'll be a very child friendly wedding so keeping my fingers crossed! Oh wow, Ibiza with a 10 week old is brave!

Please
or

Babybaby66 · 24/01/2023 07:27

@firsttimelondonmummy i haven’t even broached the surname topic yet!! But I like the idea of nickname vs full name to try and keep us both happy. Theo is a lovely name - excellent choice :)

Please
or

PurBal · 24/01/2023 07:27

@C1umsyGiraffe we did this with DS1. He was exactly 1mo at the wedding. 5 hour drive. We drove up in the morning and stopped often. The cluster feeding during the meal was the only thing that was really tough. Stayed out until 10 as DS could sleep in the pram. But I felt the music was too loud so we left. It was a different experience! We booked a hotel that could be cancelled on the day and made the decision the week before (bride and groom were okay with that). We also took him to a wedding at 4mo but he got overwhelmed by the noise (winter wedding and building didn’t suit being able to get out of the way).

Please
or

chocolatebuttonlover · 24/01/2023 07:33

@C1umsyGiraffe this is my second baby and with DD we took her to a wedding at a few months old. It was actually brilliant, loads of people fussed her so I got plenty of time to enjoy my meal, she slept through most of the bigger things in the pram and then did her first 8 hour stint overnight that night!

Thanks everyone for kind wishes about the scan! At least it's early this morning so not too long to wait!

Please
or

PurBal · 24/01/2023 07:34

@firsttimelondonmummy we like the same kinds of names (traditional/classic/sometimes considered boring) but the one he’s settled on I’m just not bothered about at all. And he wants what I consider a random name as a middle name (I like them to have family meaning). We did choose late FIL name as middle name for DS1 so I’m hoping I’ll be able to persuade him but he seems more settled than ever now we know we’re having a boy.

Please
or

dresslol · 24/01/2023 07:38

Has anyone been listening to the podcast ‘Baby Name Envy’? I thoroughly recommend it. I put it on when I’m doing cleaning or or commuting, it definitely helped me to be clearer about what I did and didn’t want.

Please
or

Zaalfruit · 24/01/2023 08:31

@Hlc86 I hope this tag works !

Please
or

Zaalfruit · 24/01/2023 08:35

@C1umsyGiraffe if you are booking hotel and it’s in the venue - it will be perfect. You can take moments out when you need both need a breather. I say chance it - the younger they are they tend to less bothered . We used noise blocker - aka new born ear defenders when we went to a family event. Tried it on her a couple of times before so she wouldn’t fuss about it and she was fine . Plus everyone loves a newborn so usually you can eat and enjoy yourself while they fuss over baby.

Please
or

C1umsyGiraffe · 24/01/2023 08:42

Thanks for all the advice guys! We've only had the save the date so far so will look at hotels when we get the invite and fingers crossed it'll be at the venue! It's seeming a lot more doable so thank you!

Please
or