My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

your earliest ''i just know im pregnant ''symptoms...please

114 replies

beansontoast · 26/06/2006 13:12

indulge me

there is nothing more than a very slim chance that i might be pregnant...but i am temporarily insanely broody and devoting alot of time to teh fantasy that i may have... as near as damm it.. immaculately conceived!

so...im tired,have sore boobies,softer skin,a keen nose,a twingey back...feel slightly sick [but that could be exitement]...and i cant park the car!...

im not due on till thurs,have been like this for a week...oh and ive had a neg result ..but im quite able to ignore that

how do you know?

---------------------

Hi there - this thread is a little old. [[https://www.mumsnet.com/pregnancy/signs-and-symptoms
If you want to find out about the signs and symptoms of pregnancy, we’ve got more information here]]. MNHQ

OP posts:
threebob · 26/06/2006 17:52

Nasty taste in mouth. Like metal.

Marne · 26/06/2006 17:53

I felt sick very early on, thats how i knew i was pg.

squishy · 26/06/2006 17:55

I felt emotional (am not normally!) and kept getting up in the middle of the night to go to the loo!

Then took a negative test 5 days after period was late, still knew I was pregnant and waited another week before I took another test (which was positive!).

Then I felt gradually more and more pregnant (and hate to say it, worse) for the next 18 weeks! Am now 22 weeks and beginning to, occasionally, feel like a human again (apart from poor sleeping and getting kicked regularly!)

jalopy · 26/06/2006 17:57

I felt slightly spaced out, had sore boobs, disgusting metallic taste in my mouth and tired at least a week before AF due. Neg test 7 days after missed period too. Bouncing baby at the end of it
Embarrassed to mention this too, but also noticed a 'softness' or swollen feeling down below. Did anyone else get this?

beansontoast · 26/06/2006 18:00

...flameboo...thats what ive got...fell like im going to come on...nowt happening....

oh please oh please oh please oh PLEEAAAAASE

secur...sorry sorry sorry..i am scatty at the best of times...but i posted a replyon 'your'thread...cos that makes sense?...im still teething x

OP posts:
peachygirl · 26/06/2006 18:02

Hi I'm 6 weeks and I had high temps consistently. I also needed to wee lots, and I did experience 3 days of spotting which was quite different to my usual period.
Things smelt quite pungent too _ neighbours dinner cooking ,school dinners cooking etc, quite emotional and a bit ratty too

beansontoast · 26/06/2006 18:02

...and that spaced out thing....

oh baby!

OP posts:
beansontoast · 26/06/2006 18:04

im delighted by all these false negatives

OP posts:
h23 · 26/06/2006 18:26

Hi Beans- me too! there's the slightest chance that i am pg: we've only tried twice in the last couple of weeks, but now i have sore boobs, am soooo tired, feeling queasy, sore tummy...
my AF is due between tomorrow and the end of the week. maybe we'll see each other on a "due in march 2007" thread?!
good luck!

fisil · 26/06/2006 19:00

couldn't wear contact lenses
wierd moods (like crying when laughter would've been appropriate)

They started about a week before I tested (which I did at 4 weeks) and continued throughout!

Xavielli · 26/06/2006 19:01

DS - Just knew... no symptoms til after I took test. was 8 weeks when I found out!

DD - Heartburn... I never get heartburn! found out at 4 weeks!

southeastastra · 26/06/2006 19:01

the first thing i noticed were blue veins

squishy · 26/06/2006 20:08

ooh, I forgot that I had period pain with nothing followed since the day before my due date (even though it took a good 12 days before positive test) and that, because I had been really ill, we must have only tried once or twice in the "window"!!

SophieB · 27/06/2006 09:12

My boobs were the first sign, really sore and tender, then the morning sickness followed! i was also late for my period so that was a big indication!!

crazydazy · 27/06/2006 09:14

The first sign was a missed period but I always know when I'm late, I still had crampy pain but it was the overwhelming tiredness that just consumed me. The nausea started at about 9 weeks.

nogoes · 27/06/2006 09:21

I'm on the pill but have been a bit careless recently and missed a few. I have a lot of the symptoms and I feel very similar to when I was pregnant with ds. I have also had spotting although I am currently a few days into my next packet of pills. If I am pregnant how would I be able to work out my due day as it is not a true period if you are on the pill is it? I did not take a break between the last packet of pills and this packet.

whiffy · 27/06/2006 09:33

Easy test. Go into pub for drink, go through list of alcoholic beverages and if you don't 'fancy' any of them, you're pregnant.

I am on 9th pg (lots of m/c's) and this is always the clincher for me and kicks in well before my period is due!

Cappucino · 27/06/2006 09:47

thinking 'ooh I really fancy lemonade'

when I got back from hospital after having dd, I was horrified to find bottles and bottles of it in the cupboard. I hate lemonade; it was like waking up from a dream

fancied it as soon as i was pg again - big clue

mawbroon · 27/06/2006 10:56

I shook with hunger despite having eaten only a couple of hours earlier. This was before my AF was late.

teabelly · 27/06/2006 12:32

Desperately wanting a fag despite having given up years before and being stone cold sober! - Happened both times.

MrsDoolittle · 27/06/2006 12:41

I woke up next morning and said to dh "I think I'm pregnant"
Bloody hope not, he says because we were skint.
9 nine days later tested positive, over a week before I was late.

Have resigned ourselves to the being skintypoos

beansontoast · 27/06/2006 12:51

for the record....

im simply mad

OP posts:
thirtysomething · 27/06/2006 14:25

with both pregnancies I woke up in middle of night about ten days after the deed, feeling mega hot and flushed. Just one night like that and no other symptoms till about the 6 week mark when huge sickness kicks in, but this has been an identical pattern with both, often wondered if it could be a hormone surge at implantation?

Pruni · 27/06/2006 14:33

Message withdrawn

ComeOVeneer · 27/06/2006 14:38

With dd I started gagging when cleaning my teeth one morning. A friend had said (ages before that) that she had this problem with all of her pregnancies and I remebered what she had said so tested "et voila". With ds I suddenly realised I hadn't had a period for about 12 weeks so tested and... (mind you 12 weeks isn't unusual for me - I am often buying tests "just to check" ).

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.