Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you're a company / brand and would like to run a product test on Mumsnet please email [email protected]

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Find out what Mumsnet testers thought of Biotiful Dairy’s new range of drinks and snacks

LucyBMumsnet · 17/02/2020 11:41

This is the feedback thread for the 400 Mumsnetters with children aged 1 - 12 who have been testing out Biotiful Dairy’s new cultured dairy drinks and snacks. 200 Mumsnetters were asked to test Biotiful Kefir Quark Squeezy snack in Vanilla Cheesecake flavour and Strawberry Cheesecake flavour, and 200 other Mumsnetters were asked to test Biotiful Kefir Slurpy drink in Strawberry flavour and Mango flavour.

Here’s what Biotiful Dairy have to say: “Biotiful Dairy, the UK’s No.1 in gut-friendly Kefir drinks and snacks, is launching two seriously tasty ranges for kids, a Kefir Slurpy drink in a resealable pouch and Kefir Quark Squeezy snack in a fun, squeezable tube. Made only with whole British milk, live cultures and real fruit, with absolutely no sugar added across the ranges, they are guaranteed to be loved by parents and littles ones alike. The Kids Kefir range has exceptional benefits: gut-friendly, source of protein, natural ingredients and essential vitamins & minerals. Kids Kefir Slurpy pouches are available in Strawberry and Mango flavours; and Kids Kefir Quark Squeezy tubes come in Strawberry Cheesecake and Vanilla Cheesecake. Both are great for lunchboxes and are freezable.”

Testers, please give your feedback by answering the questions below as well as completing the survey we have emailed you:

1. Which Biotiful Dairy product did you and your child test? What flavours did you try?
  2. What did you like about the products and flavours that you tried?
  3. What did you dislike about the product and flavours that you tried?
  4. If you would recommend Biotiful Kids Kefir to others, why would you recommend it?

All selected testers who give the required feedback will be entered into a prize draw where one lucky Mumsnetter will win a £300 voucher for a store of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck!
    MNHQ

Standard Insight T&Cs apply
Find out what Mumsnet testers thought of Biotiful Dairy’s new range of drinks and snacks
OP's posts:
Please
or

PinotAndPlaydough · 21/02/2020 15:24

Unfortunately my vouchers never turned up. Gutted as it looks like a good product

Please
or

Nsmum14 · 21/02/2020 15:46

1. Which Biotiful Dairy product did you and your child test? What flavours did you try?

We tried the kefir drink in strawberry and mango flavours.

My daughter really liked it, my son wasn't keen but then he is generally picky.

It would be nice to have organic versions.

4. If you would recommend Biotiful Kids Kefir to others, why would you recommend it?

They are a good way to get kids to take probiotics.
Please
or

eastmidswarwicknightnanny · 21/02/2020 15:48

1.Which Biotiful Dairy product did you and your child test? What flavours did you try?

Strawberry snack and mango slurpy drink

My children liked the packaging of the snack looked like a calippo

Price
Tasted nasty left awful after taste
Pretty packaging but the snack was just messy

I wouldn't recommend very pricey and not nice

Please
or

Smoggyloggy · 21/02/2020 16:03

The mango and the strawberry sqeezy kefir pouches.

They were really tasty, yoghurt drink light but lighter in texture. The kids loved the strawberry one.

The mango was too sweet for our kids, didn’t like that flavour at all.
    Pouches - our 7 and 9 year old are at the age where they can snack on a variety of products and I don’t think punches are necessary for their age grp. I’d prefer recyclable containers.

Felt like a healthier option to give the children and they were tasty and filling for the packet size.
Please
or

Polywhirl · 21/02/2020 16:07

1.Squeezy in strawberry cheesecake and vanilla cheesecake.
2. The kids liked the strawberry one and I liked the low sugar in them.
3. Children not keen on the vanilla - too bland I think. Also packaging in the shop was a bit messy.
4. Mainly for adults due to the low sugar.

Please
or

UpToonGirl · 21/02/2020 16:15

Snack in Vanilla Cheesecake and squeezy drink in strawberry cheesecake.

I like that the products were portable making them good for on the go snacking. The children were interested in each flavour as they contained the word cake!

After the initial taste which all of the children enjoyed, they found once they were about 1/4 of the way through the product the taste wasn't as good as they had first thought. I think they would have enjoyed the snack product more had I popped it in the freezer first.

Even though my children didn't particularly enjoy them I would recommend for others to give them a try. Price wise they on are a par with other similar snacks so worth trying for the benefits.
Please
or

NEMSparkle · 21/02/2020 16:29

The strawberry squeeze tube and strawberry slurpy drink.

Really liked the slurpy drink great packaging and was easy for them to open (almost 4 and almost 5 year olds.) Was like a yogurt drink.

The strawberry cheesecake snack thing they both didn't like at all wasn't sweet enough and was weird and yuk apparently.
    I wasnt a fan of the tube seemed really messy.

Would recommend the slurpy drinks but not the quark snacks.
Please
or

AragonsGirl · 21/02/2020 16:45

Which Biotiful Dairy product did you and your child test? What flavours did you try?
Strawberry cheesecake squeezy
Not too sweet, enjoyable flavour, easy to eat
Soggy cardboard!
Yes, a healthy and handy snack

Please
or

MrsW2008 · 21/02/2020 16:59

1. Which Biotiful Dairy product did you and your child test? What flavours did you try? The slurpy drinks in Mango and Strawberry
  2. What did you like about the products and flavours that you tried? The texture was nice as it was more like a milkshake than other similar products. The tastes were natural
  3. What did you dislike about the product and flavours that you tried? My daughters were not keen on the Mango flavour although I thought it was a very realistic mango taste
  4. If you would recommend Biotiful Kids Kefir to others, why would you recommend it? It’s a snack which is different to other products available with added health benefits. It’s also fun for kids to drink/eat
Please
or

Caillou · 21/02/2020 17:02

My dc are 2, 4 and 8, we tried the Kefir Quark Squeezy tubes in Strawberry Cheesecake and Vanilla Cheesecake

My oldest and youngest DC didn't like the products at all, but my 4 years old loved them, she said the strawberry cheesecake was her favourite.

she liked the packaging, easy to open and easy to eat and it sounded like a treat to her.

My oldest and youngest DC thought they were not sugary enough and the texture too thick.

my 4 years old loved everything about them.

I wish they would come in a multi pack rather than having the buy single ones.

I probably would if someone I knew was asking for advise on healthier snacks.
Please
or

Sleepybumble · 21/02/2020 17:47

Mango and strawberry slurpy drinks.
    This was the the squeezy snacks were not available in our shop.
    We both really enjoyed them. They had the right balance of sweetness. The flavours we tried were really nice
    Nothing
    It's tasty, not really sweet and as it has kefir in is really good for your gut.
Please
or

HN42 · 21/02/2020 18:14

1. We tried the kefir strawberry slurpy drink
  2. One of my children really enjoyed it being able to slurp it as he struggles to eat yoghurt with a spoon. Would also be good for on the go.
  3. The product packaging cannot be recycled in our area and also rather expensive compared to the yoghurts I currently buy for my children.
  4. They are healthy and made with natural flavours
Please
or

kizza89 · 21/02/2020 19:20

Kefir Quark Squeezy Snacks in Strawberry & Vanilla.

I liked the variety of flavours and packaging stood out.

It was a bit runny and messy.

Yes I would recommend. Flavours were good, just the correct amount of sweetness and a healthy snack.
Please
or

We3kingsoforientareandabump · 21/02/2020 19:33

We tried the strawberry pouch as it was the only one we could find in the shops near us.

The kids loved the taste and said they much prefer it to the type of yogurt pouches I usually buy. I loved that it had no added such much unlike the type I usually buy.

I noticed the price when I picked them up and think they are very expensive.

I would recommend the product as a healthy alternative to the yogurt pouches usually purchased for children.
Please
or

PooPooOfferson · 21/02/2020 19:34

Mango Slurpy and Strawberry Cheesecake Squeezy.

2. What did you like about the products and flavours that you tried? I liked that there was no added sugar and made with live cultures. They taste like they are made with natural ingredients.

Allthough my child said that both products weren't sweet enough, he happily finished them both so not really a negative.

4. If you would recommend Biotiful Kids Kefir to others, why would you recommend it? I froze the Squeezy and my child enjoyed eating it as an ice-lolly. I think that either product would be great for lunchboxes.
Please
or

kingkuta · 21/02/2020 19:39

1.Which Biotiful Dairy product did you and your child test? What flavours did you try?

We tried the kefir drink in cherry flavour

The flavour was delicious. Made a really healthy breakfast drink.

Nothing. Loved it.

4. If you would recommend Biotiful Kids Kefir to others, why would you recommend.

Perfect for lunch boxes and a great way of getting some good bacteria into their system. Low sugar and a good source of calcium.

Please
or

Pigriver · 21/02/2020 19:50

Which Biotiful Dairy product did you and your child test? What flavours did you try?
The strawberry and mango slurpy drinks

My 4 year old liked them and said he'd have them again. I tried the strawberry one and thought it was fine. Not too sweet and similar to other yoghurt pouch products

Totally not the fault of the product but as my child was eating the mango one I spotted the use by day expired 2 weeks ago (and a week and a half before I bought it) I had to snatch it out if his hands and bin it. Shocked that Sainsbury's sold a product so out of date!

No real dislikes other than the price really. I usually buy a 4 pack of yoghurt pouches for £1

Yes, nothing wrong with the product and were tasty enough but prefer if they came in a multipack for a better price.

Please
or

breadwidow · 21/02/2020 20:41

We tried them all (bought extra due to pester power)

So we tried the Kids Kefir Slurpy pouches in Strawberry and Mango flavours and Kids Kefir Quark Squeezy tubes in Strawberry Cheesecake and Vanilla Cheesecake.

The kids liked the slurpy pouches in both flavours, with the mango 🥭 particularly favoured

I was not keen on the amount of plastic on the pouches.

The kids weren't keen on the quark Squeezy tubes. They found them hard to eat and weren't keen on the taste. They threw them out half eaten, for both flavours. I think maybe they weren't sweet enough. I tried a bit of the strawberry and it was ok but not sweet. Also the packaging didn't really suite the product, a regular tub would have been better.

Overall no. I really like the regular kefir yoghurt and was disappointed with these which were expensive for what they are. The kids like the regular yoghurt as well so if I can get them to eat kefir anyway
Please
or

Adoptthisdogornot · 21/02/2020 20:54

The mango slurpy drink and strawberry cheesecake snack

They were filling and delicious. We all loved the mango drink especially.

They're a bit pricey for me to buy regularly, especially for 3 kids. I'm not sure about the packaging either, not sure how easy it is to recycle, and the snack tube was too thick.

Tasted good, and I like that the product encourages good gut health.
Please
or

Mamacookie · 21/02/2020 21:18

We tried the strawberry cheesecake squeezy snack and the mango slurpy drink.

Both were very flavoursome and my toddler wolfed them both down. I like that they are both healthy snacks and sugar free.

My daughter was quite suspicious of the texture of the squeezy snack and took some persuading to try it.
    I found it difficult to get hold of these products and it took a few visits to a couple of supermarkets in my local area before we managed to find them in stock.

I would recommend these products for the flavours and health benefits.
Please
or

ThreeTimesMama · 21/02/2020 21:22

We tried the slurpy drink in strawberry flavour and the vanilla cheesecake squeezy snack.

My son loved both products. It was sweet enough and strawberry flavour wasn't overpowering.

I did not like the packaging of the squeeze snack. The tube became soggy and it was difficult to squeeze out so we needed spoon to finish eating it. And it is to expensive for very small snack.

Would recomend because it is very healthy snack with minimum sugar.
Please
or

mandes1 · 22/02/2020 00:03

We tried the Biotiful Kefir Slurpy drink in Strawberry flavour as it was the only one available near us. Even then, I had to go into town to M&S. Hopefully, the brand will grow and be more widely available.

We buy kefir anyway and add to milkshakes, scones etc so like the health benefits of kefir on the digestive and immune system. The strawberry flavour was delicious, very subtle, not overly sweet and was similar to yogurt. My children asked for more. They are 12, 10, 7 and 4.

No dislikes, the product was lovely. We have bought it again since the trial. Would love to try the vanilla flavour when it is available local to us.

I would recommend Biotiful Kids Kefir to others as it is healthy, delicious, and just the right size for children. I think the price is reasonable and affordable.

Thank you for the opportunity to try this product!
Please
or

RuthyC · 22/02/2020 04:29

We tried the Mango and Strawberry Kefir slurpy drinks

We really enjoyed these. They tasted just like creamy yogurts. The packaging made them easy for little hands to enjoy. i think nurturing gut health is really important so was pleased that my little boy could enjoy a delicious product with health benefits.

Nothing. Hopefully they’ll bring out more flavours.

I would recommend these because unlike a lot of other Kefir products we’ve tried they didn’t leave a sour taste in your mouth. Great product with no added sugar and health benefits, win win.
Please
or

Starfish78 · 22/02/2020 12:01

We tried the squeezy strawberry cheesecake and vanilla cheesecake flavours

We quite liked these, the vanilla cheesecake was the favourite one

DD said the strawberry cheesecake was too strong so she wasn’t as keen on this one

DD said she would recommend the vanilla to her friends, but not the strawberry flavour.
Please
or

Londontodevon · 22/02/2020 12:57

We had the slurpy drink in Mango and the squeezy product in Vanilla Cheesecake.
    The drinking product was excellent. Really tasty, and similar to things my kids already have so they liked it.
    Personally I liked the squeezy product, nice simple flavour, not artificial tasting, but my kids did not enjoy it!
    The squeezy thing was weird according to my children! None of the kids liked it, they distrusted that it was neither an ice-cream or a yogurt. They did not like the texture either. I also thought the packaging on this one was lacking. It got soggy and fell apart at the top where you had to squeeze it out. I'm not sure why you'd choose this over a yogurt or similar for a lunchbox.
    I would recommend the slurpy drinking product but not the squeezy one.
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.