Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you're a company / brand and would like to run a product test on Mumsnet please email [email protected]

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Find out what Mumsnet testers thought of Biotiful Dairy’s new range of drinks and snacks

LucyBMumsnet · 17/02/2020 11:41

This is the feedback thread for the 400 Mumsnetters with children aged 1 - 12 who have been testing out Biotiful Dairy’s new cultured dairy drinks and snacks. 200 Mumsnetters were asked to test Biotiful Kefir Quark Squeezy snack in Vanilla Cheesecake flavour and Strawberry Cheesecake flavour, and 200 other Mumsnetters were asked to test Biotiful Kefir Slurpy drink in Strawberry flavour and Mango flavour.

Here’s what Biotiful Dairy have to say: “Biotiful Dairy, the UK’s No.1 in gut-friendly Kefir drinks and snacks, is launching two seriously tasty ranges for kids, a Kefir Slurpy drink in a resealable pouch and Kefir Quark Squeezy snack in a fun, squeezable tube. Made only with whole British milk, live cultures and real fruit, with absolutely no sugar added across the ranges, they are guaranteed to be loved by parents and littles ones alike. The Kids Kefir range has exceptional benefits: gut-friendly, source of protein, natural ingredients and essential vitamins & minerals. Kids Kefir Slurpy pouches are available in Strawberry and Mango flavours; and Kids Kefir Quark Squeezy tubes come in Strawberry Cheesecake and Vanilla Cheesecake. Both are great for lunchboxes and are freezable.”

Testers, please give your feedback by answering the questions below as well as completing the survey we have emailed you:

1. Which Biotiful Dairy product did you and your child test? What flavours did you try?
  2. What did you like about the products and flavours that you tried?
  3. What did you dislike about the product and flavours that you tried?
  4. If you would recommend Biotiful Kids Kefir to others, why would you recommend it?

All selected testers who give the required feedback will be entered into a prize draw where one lucky Mumsnetter will win a £300 voucher for a store of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck!
    MNHQ

Standard Insight T&Cs apply
Find out what Mumsnet testers thought of Biotiful Dairy’s new range of drinks and snacks
OP's posts:
Please
or

ilovecake77 · 17/02/2020 21:43

1. Which Biotiful Dairy product did you and your child test? What flavours did you try?
    we tried the strawberry and vanilla cheesecake flavour squeezy snack.

unfortunetly we didnt like the product,we didnt think there was enough flavour,they tasted really bland and quite thick

i didnt like the cardboard tube as it went a bit soft when eating from it,also flavour was too bland,i felt it needed more flavour.

4. If you would recommend Biotiful Kids Kefir to others, why would you recommend it.
    im sorry i wouldnt reccomend it as we didnt enjoy it.
Please
or

BumpkinSpiceBatty · 17/02/2020 22:19

The strawberry cheesecake squeezy tube - we froze one and ate one fresh.

the packaging was very attractive, the healthy bacteria was a big plus for me.

My children found the flavour quite bland and not sweet enough. Also the tube was a nightmare to use, it spilled everywhere.

4. If you would recommend Biotiful Kids Kefir to others, why would you recommend it?
    No i think the flavour was too bland and the squeezy tubes where difficult for children to drink from.
Please
or

Salukigirl · 17/02/2020 22:40

Kefir Quark Squeezy snack in Vanilla Cheesecake flavour and Strawberry Cheesecake flavour,
    My son seemed to love them both. I liked that they kept him quiet for ages. They also seemed to satisfy his hunger better than a yoghurt would do.

I found them not sweet enough. I really didn't like the squeezy tube. My son had real trouble getting hte poduct out and ended up getting it all over himself and his surroundings.

I would recommend they try it, but not in the squeezy packaging. Healthy filling snack.
Please
or

buckley1983 · 17/02/2020 22:52

We sampled the Biotiful Kefir Quark Squeezy snack in Vanilla Cheesecake flavour & Strawberry Cheesecake flavour.

Both my son & I loved the shape of the packaging - it made it more of a novelty for him I think! The packaging was easy to open & easy for him to consume the product from with no spillage, or no more than usual anyway :)
We both preferred the Vanilla Cheesecake flavour which was slightly sweeter. The Strawberry Cheesecake flavour was nice, but you could definitely tell there was no added sugar, so maybe a little more fruit puree to sweeten it up naturally?
The texture was gorgeous, took a little getting used to for my son - but we both found it very filling & it felt like more of a treat, more of a luxury product.

The product was quite expensive so I don't think we could afford to buy it regularly, but we would get it as a treat sometimes.

It was a fun way to introduce kefir to my son & it felt like a healthy way to treat ourselves. I like the idea of serving it with fresh fruit as some other testers have suggested, so we would definitely give that a go & would encourage others to give it a try!

Please
or

CrumblyMumbly · 17/02/2020 23:15

. Which Biotiful Dairy product did you and your child test? What flavours did you try?
The squeezy strawberry cheesecake and vanilla cheesecake.

The kids were really excited about the flavours but didn't really get the taste of these. They said they just tasted creamy. I really liked them and they would be amazing as frozen healthy lollies in the summer.

I thought the name squeezy snack meant that it would be in a pouch so maybe that is a bit misleading. My kids thought they weren't sweet enough and that they couldn't taste the flavours that they were supposed to be.
A fun and healthy snack with the added bonus of gut friendly bacteria. I'm pleased to find a way for my kids to get the benefit of kefir in their diets.

Please
or

mistywillow17 · 18/02/2020 09:29

The slurpy drinks, in strawberry and mango

I like the idea of child friendly kefir, as I think gut health is very important and this is a great way of supporting it. The strawberry flavour was lovely, just sweet enough, and my son liked it a lot. As an adult, I would have preferred more of a kefir-y "tang", but this was subtler and more child friendly.

The mango tasted a bit "sour" to my son, although he still gave it a good go! And although he liked the strawberry, he guessed that it was vanilla flavoured, so I don't think the strawberry came through very strongly. He wasn't all that impressed by the packaging, he would rather have sipped it or used a spoon rather than sucking it from the pouch, but I think that's just his personal preference, he's not a fan of pouches in general. If there was a big tub of this, I'd be more likely to buy it, as the pouches feel a bit over-packaged and perhaps pricier as a result.

A good way of supporting a child's gut health without the downside of loads of added sugar.
Please
or

Carikube · 18/02/2020 10:25

We tried the Squeezy in strawberry cheesecake flavour (our local supermarkets didn't stock the vanilla cheesecake one)

Nothing.

All three DC absolutely hated it and wouldn't finish it. They all have a pretty developed palate and eat a wide variety of foods but they all thought this was grim. As we couldn't find the vanilla cheesecake one I did say I'd get another strawberry cheesecake one but was roundly shouted down - really not like them to turn down a snack.

Sorry, we hated it so much we couldn't recommend it to anyone.
Please
or

AliBingo · 18/02/2020 10:43

Squeezy strawberry and vainilla cheesecakes

Very convenient easy item to put in a luncbox and reasonably healthy.

The kids thought the vanilla was not sweet enough.

Convenient and healthy and unusual.
Please
or

Rufus27 · 18/02/2020 11:33

Strawberry drink and mango snack.

Child friendly packaging and a product they enjoyed.

I think they would have preferred apricot or peach rather than mango.

Yes, definitely. Similar to other products, but healthier. Sensible price.
Please
or

SherbertDip · 18/02/2020 11:57

Strawberry and Mango slurpy drinks

Liked the taste, package appeals to my daughter

No available as yet in a multipack as 1 is never enough.

I would great all round product
Please
or

rottiemum88 · 18/02/2020 13:13

1. Which Biotiful Dairy product did you and your child test?
Biotiful slurpy pouches
What flavours did you try?
Strawberry and mango
Not too sweet and provide a nice alternative to yogurt. A good way of getting additional calcium into DS's diet
The packaging. DS would only try it after I decanted it into a cup
Probably wouldn't recommend the specific products I tried, unless more flavours were introduced and would prefer if made available in multipacks

Please
or

missfab · 18/02/2020 14:24

1. Which Biotiful Dairy product did you and your child test? What flavours did you try? Strawberry and mango kefir drinks
  2. What did you like about the products and flavours that you tried? great taste and consistency
  3. What did you dislike about the product and flavours that you tried? nothing, it was great
  4. If you would recommend Biotiful Kids Kefir to others, why would you recommend it? great taste and no added sugar
Please
or

sexyandsweet · 18/02/2020 14:29

1. Which Biotiful Dairy product did you and your child test? What flavours did you try? squeezy strawberry and vanilla cheesecake
  2. What did you like about the products and flavours that you tried? good texture and taste
  3. What did you dislike about the product and flavours that you tried? nothing at all, they were fab
  4. If you would recommend Biotiful Kids Kefir to others, why would you recommend it? Gut-friendly cultures, great taste and no added sugar
Please
or

misscherry · 18/02/2020 14:36

1. Which Biotiful Dairy product did you and your child test? What flavours did you try? Mango and strawberry kefir slurpy drinks
  2. What did you like about the products and flavours that you tried? yummy flavours and resealable lids
  3. What did you dislike about the product and flavours that you tried? there was nothing that i disliked. they were wonderful.
  4. If you would recommend Biotiful Kids Kefir to others, why would you recommend it? source of calcium and protein, Gut-friendly cultures, great flavours and no added sugar
Please
or

Standingoutsidethefire · 18/02/2020 15:19

Squeezy snack in vanilla cheesecake and squeeze drink in strawberry cheesecake.

Products looked handy for lunchboxes and on the go snacks.

The flavours weren't to the kids liking. Eldest said they tasted cheesy (have to agree they do). Not sweet enough for them.

Probably not as we didn't enjoy them.
Please
or

Cotswoldmama · 18/02/2020 18:26

Squeezey strawberry and vanilla flavour.

My youngest son liked the both, my eldest is really fussy and only liked the vanilla.

Nothing liked it! Perfect snack especially for on the go.

It’s great as it’s healthy and has very low sugar great for kids on the go and to sneak some goodness into the kiddies!
Please
or

aynsleyred · 18/02/2020 19:51

We tried the strawberry and vanilla cheesecake squeezeys.

My daughter loved the packaging and preferred the strawberry one as the flavour was nicer.

The texture is a bit odd, I wouldn’t eat it myself but my daughter wasn’t phased by it. The vanilla one wasn’t as tasty.

They’re handy and no fuss or mess.
Please
or

Sylviasmothersays · 18/02/2020 20:54

Squeezy cheesecake and Mango Kefir Slurpy

I liked the fact that they were only flavoured with fruit rather than sugar/sweeteners and tasted like it. I also liked that they were high in protein.

The children didn't like the texture of the squeezy cheesecake, and I didn't particularly either. Also, the strawberry one didn't taste quite sweet enough.
I was surprised by how expensive they were (obtained from waitrose). Also, as they were sold loose, I probably wouldn't buy for packed lunches etc as with three children, I would be chucking lots in the trolley at once. Yoghurts are much more convenient and also, cheaper per pack.

I would for taste/lack of added sugar. However, the price point and the way they are sold means that I probably wouldn't unless someone had a particular need for this type of product.

I don't know enough about 'gut-friendly cultures' to know how important this is.

Please
or

monkeyted · 18/02/2020 21:30

The strawberry drink and strawberry squeezey snack.

The fact that they had no added sugar and gut-friendly cultures.

Unfortunately my two year old didn't like the squeezy snack. She was keen to try it but rejected it as soon as she tasted it. (So I ate it and thought it was quite nice!) However I think if she had liked it, the packaging might have been difficult to her to use without making a mess - so perhaps better for slightly older children.

I'm not sure how keen she was on the drink either. She had about 2/3rd of it then rejected it. She struggled with the packaging on this one and ended up spilling it several times - I think because she's used to having yogurt in a very similar packet but this was much more liquid.

I would recommend to others as I personally liked the flavours and am keen on things without added sugar. However I wouldn't buy it again as my toddler wasn't keen on them.
Please
or

Hoon · 18/02/2020 21:32

Hi
Me and my kids tried the slurpy drinks in both strawberry and mango flavour.
I was pleasantly surprised how they didn't taste too sweet - and even more pleasantly surprised that both my 10 year old and 13 year old said that they were sweet enough and really liked them. Both preferred the mango flavour.
They have recently been going off regular yoghurts so I really liked the fact that this format made them want to try it and they both finished the drinks off super fast. I liked the idea that they might be getting some beneficial gut bacteria from the drinks as well as a dose of calcium. However I was not impressed with the amount of plastic in the packaging - something I am actively trying to consider when choosing products these days. This alone would be the reason that I would probably not buy these in the future.
I would recommend them as a product in principle if I could be convinced that the packaging was planet friendly.
Thanks for letting us test them.

Please
or

claza93 · 18/02/2020 21:38

Mango.

The flavours - really tasty! My little boy loved it. The packaging was great to - perfect for out and about

Nothing.

I would absolutely recommend. Healthy snack that is great for lunch boxes
Please
or

Macarena1990 · 18/02/2020 22:23

1. We tried the strawberry slurpy drink and cheesecake squeeze snack.

2. They had just the right balance of sweetness and were really creamy.

3. The packaging went really soggy on the squeeze snack, but no complaints about the taste/flavour.

4. I'd definitely recommend them to other people as they are a good healthy snack/dessert option and has added benefits like high protein and gut friendly bacteria.
Please
or

eatingcrispsdrinkingtea · 19/02/2020 07:45

Slurpy drink in strawberry and squeezy snack in vanilla cheesecake.

I liked that they didn’t taste as sweet as some other yoghurt snacks. I also thought they were both a good sized portion, particularly for the price.

My daughter didn’t like the thicker texture of the squeezy snack. Also the tube for the squeezy snack got a bit messy as the opening is quite big for tiny mouths! I would also like to have seen more adventurous flavours.

Because it’s a slightly less sweet alternative to the usual yoghurt drinks.
Please
or

PashleyB · 19/02/2020 08:20

1. vanilla tube and strawberry pouch

2. the kids liked the products and I find probiotic stuff helps me so good to see something tailored for children

3. the calippo style packaging for the tube - too messy

4. I wouldn't recommend the tube. Perhaps a product for older kids (a drink maybe) then yes
Please
or

Miskate · 19/02/2020 08:33

The 5 year old tried mango and the 2.5 year old tried Strawberry.

Both kids absolutely loved the flavours. They said they tasted really yummy and asked for more. I liked that the products were mess free and easy for them to eat.

I'm not sure if the packaging was recyclable, this would be good to know. The portion size was perfect for the 5 year old, but too much for my 2.5 year old.

I would recommend it for kids who take a lunchbox yogurt.
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.