Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you're a company / brand and would like to run a product test on Mumsnet please email [email protected]

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Find out what Mumsnet testers thought of Biotiful Dairy’s new range of drinks and snacks

LucyBMumsnet · 17/02/2020 11:41

This is the feedback thread for the 400 Mumsnetters with children aged 1 - 12 who have been testing out Biotiful Dairy’s new cultured dairy drinks and snacks. 200 Mumsnetters were asked to test Biotiful Kefir Quark Squeezy snack in Vanilla Cheesecake flavour and Strawberry Cheesecake flavour, and 200 other Mumsnetters were asked to test Biotiful Kefir Slurpy drink in Strawberry flavour and Mango flavour.

Here’s what Biotiful Dairy have to say: “Biotiful Dairy, the UK’s No.1 in gut-friendly Kefir drinks and snacks, is launching two seriously tasty ranges for kids, a Kefir Slurpy drink in a resealable pouch and Kefir Quark Squeezy snack in a fun, squeezable tube. Made only with whole British milk, live cultures and real fruit, with absolutely no sugar added across the ranges, they are guaranteed to be loved by parents and littles ones alike. The Kids Kefir range has exceptional benefits: gut-friendly, source of protein, natural ingredients and essential vitamins & minerals. Kids Kefir Slurpy pouches are available in Strawberry and Mango flavours; and Kids Kefir Quark Squeezy tubes come in Strawberry Cheesecake and Vanilla Cheesecake. Both are great for lunchboxes and are freezable.”

Testers, please give your feedback by answering the questions below as well as completing the survey we have emailed you:

1. Which Biotiful Dairy product did you and your child test? What flavours did you try?
  2. What did you like about the products and flavours that you tried?
  3. What did you dislike about the product and flavours that you tried?
  4. If you would recommend Biotiful Kids Kefir to others, why would you recommend it?

All selected testers who give the required feedback will be entered into a prize draw where one lucky Mumsnetter will win a £300 voucher for a store of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck!
    MNHQ

Standard Insight T&Cs apply
Find out what Mumsnet testers thought of Biotiful Dairy’s new range of drinks and snacks
OP's posts:
Please
or

nerysw · 02/03/2020 13:26

Late to the part on this one as the products were very hard to find in my area. After trying different stores a bit further away I did manage to find the Slurpy pouches.

1. Which Biotiful Dairy product did you and your child test? What flavours did you try? Mango and Strawberry flavours of the Slurpy drink.
    Personally I liked the flavours of both, sadly neither of my children did which was a surprise as they normally like anything strawberry flavoured. They said there was an after taste and weren't keen on the texture.
    The children didn't like the texture or flavour, I would have preferred different packaging.
  4. If you would recommend Biotiful Kids Kefir to others, why would you recommend it?
    Probably not, not stocked many places, expensive for what it is and non-recyclable packaging.
Please
or

ichifanny · 29/02/2020 17:57

Scroll up to previous post before mine

Please
or

Bringringbring12 · 29/02/2020 16:57

@ichifanny

Seems quite relevant to me to have reference to this study of their website!

Please
or

ichifanny · 29/02/2020 15:20

Why is this on the Biotful page ?

Please
or

HanTal · 28/02/2020 21:37

That’s is the opposite to what I was saying.
I feel she should be able to play football, but with her being taller than myself, should she have extra supervision from the teachers?
I think the fact that she almost snapped my sons leg is unpleasant.

Please
or

Bringringbring12 · 28/02/2020 18:38

@HanTal
An apology?
Suggesting this girl shouldn’t be allowed the play because of her height

Good grief, you are unpleasant

Please
or

HanTal · 28/02/2020 17:31

Hello.
I’m hoping someone may have some helpful information.

So, my son was at football practice at school, when I arrived to pick him up he was on the floor in agony. After a trip to a&e it turns out he had his leg broken, pretty badly.
It happened in a tackle with a girl. My son told me she was tall, but I didn’t realise quite how big she was until I saw her stood next to a man, she’s taller than him!
My son is 9 and in year 5, the girl is in year 6.
His school have been extremely unhelpful, my son hasn’t even had an apology. It also turns out that the Head Mistress wasn’t informed until I told her, around about 13 weeks after it happened, he was in a full leg cast for 11 weeks and had to have corrective surgery.
I understand that it’s unfair for the extremely large girl not to be able to play sports.
But in my view she is a risk to the other children and I feel the teachers should have given her extra supervision.

I’ve spoken to Citizens Advise Bureau and they agree and said it reality it shouldn’t of happened, it was due to the teachers lack of supervision.

Any advise would be great.
Thank you.

Please
or

LucyBMumsnet · 28/02/2020 16:03

Thank you to everyone who took part in this product test. The winner of the prize draw is @Kittywampus - congratulations! Grin

OP's posts:
Please
or

StickChildNumberTwo · 26/02/2020 18:49

1. Which Biotiful Dairy product did you and your child test? What flavours did you try?
    Slurpy drink in strawberry (it was the only flavour they had)

The kids both liked it, said it tasted like strawberries and like yogurt. The pouch went down well.

I don't think I'd pay the price for them.

If someone was looking for this sort of thing I might suggest it, but given how hard it was got find in shops locally that probably wouldn't help them
Please
or

PenguinsCantFly · 26/02/2020 18:06

We tried the mango and the strawberry pouches. He preferred the mango, I preferred the strawberry.

I like that it tasted like a yogurt drink! He said it tasted like a fruity smoothie.

He disliked the strawberry as he said it tasted too sweet.

I would recommend it because it is tasty and good for their guts!
Please
or

ArriettyCArriettyC · 26/02/2020 17:02

we tried the strawberry drink pouch and the vanilla cheesecake squeezable snack. Both very nice - the vanilla tasted like ice cream. I'm not crazy about these single use snacks as they have a lot of packaging. My daughter was not keen on the idea of kefir, but actually liked them both! Would buy again, but are quite expensive. They were actually on sale in WAitrose, but usually they're close to £1 each which is v expensive.Not too sweet which was really good. I would eat them myself, and I hate all those Frube type things! Thank you

Please
or

caffeinebuzz · 26/02/2020 16:52

1. Which Biotiful Dairy product did you and your child test? What flavours did you try? Mango & Strawberry slurpy drink
  2. What did you like about the products and flavours that you tried? I liked the packaging and focus on creating good gut health
  3. What did you dislike about the product and flavours that you tried? DD didn't love the taste of either flavour.
  4. If you would recommend Biotiful Kids Kefir to others, why would you recommend it? I'd suggest they try it as a healthy option, but it really depends on their own child's tastes.
Please
or

LateKate · 26/02/2020 16:50

. Which Biotiful Dairy product did you and your child test? What flavours did you try?

We had trouble finding the products locally and did eventually find some in sainsburys but not the full range. We tried the squeeze strawberry and vanilla cheesecake.

I liked that it was a healthier solution. They enjoyed the strawberry so I would buy that again.

The kids didn't like the vanilla, they said it didn't taste of anything which was disappointing as it sounded so delicious!

I would recommend giving it a go as a healthy and portable solution but would not go with vanilla again.
Thanks for letting us be involved

Please
or

Osquito · 26/02/2020 16:47

1. We tried the slurpy tube of Strawberry Cheesecake and the squeezy pouch of Mango. Was actually difficult getting hold of the different types/flavours at our local Morrison’s, like vanilla, must’ve had a lot of testers in the area!
  2. DS liked that the slurpy tube could be frozen, it was actually the only way he would try it.
  3. DS hated the mango flavour, but I think this may have been due to it being both a yoghurt and a smoothie. I had hoped he’d like these, because I keep (unsuccessfully) trying out various healthy-ish ones on him!
  4. I would recommend them. I’ve yet to meet any other kids who hate yoghurt like mine, and these are a great choice for families trying to wean kids off the usual pink gloop, or just looking for a tasty snack to buy. I really like that these are kefir-based, as I’m a firm believer in good bacteria for the guts.
Please
or

gggrrrargh · 26/02/2020 16:34

We tried the Kefir Squeezy Strawberry cheesecake. We couldn't get the other flavour in our local Morrisons.
    The container really appealed to my 3 year old - she loves the squeezing part of it. It appealed to me as it didn't make mess.
    It was.. okay. The texture was a bit weird. My daughter initially said 'yummy' but then lost interest in it about 1/3 down and was just holding it so I don't think it the nicest yoghurt type product she's had - I've certainly seen her eat through things quicker!
    The container - fun to eat. I'd try other flavours but not convinced we'd always buy. Nice to try though.
Please
or

helivalentin · 26/02/2020 16:01

1. We tried the Kefir Quark Squeezy tube in Strawberry Cheesecake and Kefir Slurpy pouch in Mango.

2. / 3. My 8-year-old daughter liked the mango flavoured pouch as it had a nice taste to it and was easy to use. However she disliked the Strawberry cheesecake flavour and the packaging a lot. And I agree. You can close the pouches if you don't want to have the whole thing at once but the squeezy tubes you have to finish as once. Also she found the texture a bit too weird. I found the squeezy tubes very overprized and not worth the money. The pouches were a bit cheaper and something we might buy in the future for a quick snack.

3. I might recommend The Kefir Slurpys and Squeezys to friends on the basis that they contain whole milk and real fruit and have no added sugar. Good for lunch boxes or as a snack.
Please
or

K4YL33 · 26/02/2020 15:57

1. Which Biotiful Dairy product did you and your child test? What flavours did you try? We tired squeezy snacks in strawberry cheesecake and vanilla cheesecake.
  2. What did you like about the products and flavours that you tried? Liked the fact it was flavoursome and creamy. Good size ideal for lunchboxes and attractive packaging.
  3. What did you dislike about the product and flavours that you tried? Quite pricey. Maybe do a multipack. Noy many flavours.
  4. If you would recommend Biotiful Kids Kefir to others, why would you recommend it? I would and i wouldnt. I would as they have more health benefits but wouldnt for the price
Please
or

McAvennie · 26/02/2020 15:42

Mango and strawberry Kefir slurpy pouches.

I wanted to test this due to the gut friendly bacteria, which I’m trying to introduce more of for DS. He enjoyed both flavours and finished each of the pouches - with a glowing 2 year old review of ‘tasty!’

I felt the pouches were too big for a single serving for a 2 year old, so would like to see some smaller pots added to the range. The bigger pouches would be fine for home, but I wouldn’t like to carry around a half eaten one for the rest of the day if I’d packed one in a lunch bag for a day out.

I liked that they felt a quite ‘healthy’ addition to a meal and were enjoyed by DS.
Please
or

Gillib19 · 26/02/2020 15:41

We tried the strawberry slurpy
    After the first try my son said “I like it” and as he’s really fussy he must have been impressed! I personally liked that there was no added sugar and they’re really handy for lunchboxes.
    A little expensive at full price.
    Yes would definitely recommend.
Please
or

vincenta · 26/02/2020 14:47

1. Which Biotiful Dairy product did you and your child test? What
    flavours did you try?
    It was very tricky to find neccessary products, after 2 waitrose store visits I found Biotiful dairy products in large Sainsbury's store.
    I was supposed to try Squeezy snack in vanilla cheescake flavour and one in strawberry cheescake. Unfortunately only Strawberry cheescake flavour squeezy snack was available. As we already made 3 separate trips to visit stores which were 20 minutes driving distance to buy products,I wasn't ready for one more trip trying to find necessary products.
    That's why I bougth Mango and Strawberry Squeezy drink, and strawberry squeezy snack.
    I loved flavour, it was so nice to try healthy kids snack which wasn't sickly sweet.
    Kefir fermented drink which has been consumed for thousands of years and it is amazing to find more and more kefir products in shops, before if I was lucky I could find kefir only in Easter european shops.
    I loved squeezy snack it was thick and tasted nice. Best thing in summer you can put it in freezer and make ice lolly.My kids loved Squeezy drink. They are 5 and 10 and squezzy drink didn't make any mess and tasted nice. They both liked flavour and asked for more.

There is nothing I disliked about products, lovely flavour, nice packaging, healthy snack. To find them in shop was difficult.

Kefir is so great probiotic! Biotiful Dairy kefir Quark Squeezy snack is great healthy option and not overly sweet.

Thank you for choosing us, we loved products!
Find out what Mumsnet testers thought of Biotiful Dairy’s new range of drinks and snacks Find out what Mumsnet testers thought of Biotiful Dairy’s new range of drinks and snacks
Please
or

vibecece · 26/02/2020 14:36

The strawberry and mango pouches

A tasty snack treat for the kids and they loved it.

Nothing

I give it a thumbs up, it a good treat for snack or lunch boxes.
Please
or

Quietvoiceplease · 26/02/2020 13:41

We tried Strawberry kefir drink and Vanilla Cheesecake slurpy snack.

The drink was nice: like a fruity yoghurt (I think my child hoped it would be sweeter, but still enjoyed it). The taste was like a fruity Greek yoghurt I thought. My DD was slightly put off by the thought of the flavour of the snack - the idea of a pureed cheesecake flavour, but actually enjoyed it. Like a vanilla yoghurt, and not too strong. I liked the fact they were no-added sugar, and the benefits of friendly bacteria. The packaging was quite convenient for both.

3. What did you dislike about the product and flavours that you tried
Slightly bland flavour perhaps, though my child quite liked them, though did say they would prefer a sweeter taste. I thought buying individually seemed quite expensive: would prefer to buy as a multipack with perhaps more flavours (I think I would also drop the cheesecake from the title). The texture of the snack was slightly thick, which my child described as a bit 'gloopy'.

I would, though with the caveat that they are quite expensive. I think they are a healthy, convenient snack with lots of protein.

Please
or

1969angep · 26/02/2020 13:27

1. Which Biotiful Dairy product did you and your child test? What flavours did you try? The Vanilla Cheesecake Squeezy and Strawberry Slurpy
  2. What did you like about the products and flavours that you tried? We liked the slurpy - it tasted just like yoghurt, had a good amount of strawberry taste and was easy to use
  3. What did you dislike about the product and flavours that you tried? Lucas wouldn't try the squeezy at all. When we took the "lid" off there was quite a lot of watery liquid around the top and that put him off completely. I ate it myself - it wasn't horrible but I can't say as I'd buy it again. The texture felt like cream that was on the turn and I couldn't detect any vanilla flavour at all. On another note with the squeezy, we first found this at Sainsbury where there were about half a dozen left in a box on the shelf. All of them had leaked/were no longer properly sealed. Thankfully I found them in stock at our local Morrisons, where they were all still in good condition. I think they need to rethink the packaging or seal it more strongly as nobody would buy this unless in tact, due to the possibility that it's already gone off.
  4. If you would recommend Biotiful Kids Kefir to others, why would you recommend it? We liked the slurpy and this is a good way to get dairy/good bacteria into kids and it's handy format makes it good for eating on the go. I'd recommend this but not the squeezy.
Please
or

Mrsmarshmallow · 26/02/2020 13:24

We tested the mango and strawberry slurpy drinks.

The flavours tasted more natural than artificial which was a pleasant change.

We didn't dislike anything in terms of the flavour. We did struggle to source the product in a number of supermarkets which means we are less likely to buy again as it was quite far out of our way to purchase.

Yes we would recommend the product. It was tasty, and easy to eat, mess free snack for small children.
Please
or

NurseKeegan · 26/02/2020 12:07

I live in Northern Ireland so the only outlet I could use the vouchers in was Sainsburys. I have checked both local Sainsburys with no joy. I have also emailed twice to inform Mumsnet Staff that I've been unable to utilise the vouchers.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.