Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you're a company / brand and would like to run a product test on Mumsnet please email [email protected]

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Find out what Mumsnet testers thought of Biotiful Dairy’s new range of drinks and snacks

LucyBMumsnet · 17/02/2020 11:41

This is the feedback thread for the 400 Mumsnetters with children aged 1 - 12 who have been testing out Biotiful Dairy’s new cultured dairy drinks and snacks. 200 Mumsnetters were asked to test Biotiful Kefir Quark Squeezy snack in Vanilla Cheesecake flavour and Strawberry Cheesecake flavour, and 200 other Mumsnetters were asked to test Biotiful Kefir Slurpy drink in Strawberry flavour and Mango flavour.

Here’s what Biotiful Dairy have to say: “Biotiful Dairy, the UK’s No.1 in gut-friendly Kefir drinks and snacks, is launching two seriously tasty ranges for kids, a Kefir Slurpy drink in a resealable pouch and Kefir Quark Squeezy snack in a fun, squeezable tube. Made only with whole British milk, live cultures and real fruit, with absolutely no sugar added across the ranges, they are guaranteed to be loved by parents and littles ones alike. The Kids Kefir range has exceptional benefits: gut-friendly, source of protein, natural ingredients and essential vitamins & minerals. Kids Kefir Slurpy pouches are available in Strawberry and Mango flavours; and Kids Kefir Quark Squeezy tubes come in Strawberry Cheesecake and Vanilla Cheesecake. Both are great for lunchboxes and are freezable.”

Testers, please give your feedback by answering the questions below as well as completing the survey we have emailed you:

1. Which Biotiful Dairy product did you and your child test? What flavours did you try?
  2. What did you like about the products and flavours that you tried?
  3. What did you dislike about the product and flavours that you tried?
  4. If you would recommend Biotiful Kids Kefir to others, why would you recommend it?

All selected testers who give the required feedback will be entered into a prize draw where one lucky Mumsnetter will win a £300 voucher for a store of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck!
    MNHQ

Standard Insight T&Cs apply
Find out what Mumsnet testers thought of Biotiful Dairy’s new range of drinks and snacks
OP's posts:
Please
or

Lulumaria · 17/02/2020 14:41

1. Which Biotiful Dairy product did you and your child test? What flavours did you try?

We tried the kefir slurpy drink in strawberry and the snack in vanilla cheesecake flavours.

The flavours were both delicious and not too sweet. My son thought the snack was an ice cream so he was super happy!

Nothing really, but the snack and drinks were difficult for my son at age two and a half to squeeze out, which is understandable.

4. If you would recommend Biotiful Kids Kefir to others, why would you recommend it?

I would absolutely recommend. Perfect for lunch boxes and a great way of getting some good bacteria into their system.
Please
or

Freshstart40 · 17/02/2020 15:22

Squeezy Snack Vanilla Cheesecake flavour.

Squeezy drink in Strawberry Cheesecake flavour.

The flavours were both really yummy. The favourite for us both was the Vanilla Cheesecake flavour but we preferred the texture of the drink rather than the snack.

The texture of the snack wasn't as nice as the drink.

4. If you would recommend Biotiful Kid

Yes, perfect for lunch boxes.
Please
or

MFish · 17/02/2020 16:11

The Strawberry & Mango slurpy drinks

My daughter absolutely loved both flavours but especially the mango as different to the standard strawberry flavour.

We didn’t dislike anything, I think the cost is a bit much for what it was and would probably put me off purchasing in the future

Easy snack, no mess and great flavours

Struggled to find this product anywhere but glad we did, thanks for the opportunity
Please
or

DannielleLucy · 17/02/2020 16:16

We tried the Slurpy drink in Strawberry and the sneezy snack in Vanilla Cheesecake
    The flavours are ones that little kids will like and the products were tasty and easy to eat on the go for a healthier snack.
    The squeeze snack got a little messy for my 5 year old, but she was happy to eat it though and really enjoyed it. The pouch is a great idea, but I think it is made out of plastic and therefore may not be recyclable (I was unable to check as my little threw the empty pouch into the bin after eating it!)
  4. If you would recommend Biotiful Kids Kefir to others, why would you recommend it? They seem a great snack for filling hungry tummies and they're a great flavour. Perfect for on the go as well
Please
or

SoCrimeaRiver · 17/02/2020 16:24

We had two of the strawberry kefir slurpy drinks as I wanted both of our children to try the same one.

I liked the gut bacteria enhancing element of keffir. Both children loved the flavour and declared it delicious and a better flavour than standard commercial pouch yoghurts.

I'd expected to get a box of pouches, maybe two in each flavour, with the voucher but got two vouchers for two individual pouches. I wouldn't buy individual pouches in this way, e.g. for packed lunches, as they're too expensive so can multi-packs be made available? They also need to be available in a wider range of stores as I wouldn't usualy shop in Sainsbury's because it's too expensive. Other keffir products (like the Yop style drink) seem to be available in a better range of flavours e.g. morello cherry. Any chnace of the children's slurpys being made in these flavours too as they don't have to be just "a pink one and a peach coloured one" in line with commercial competitors.

Yes, the keffir has health benefits and my children both really loved this drink.

Please
or

MESSING2 · 17/02/2020 16:41

1. Which Biotiful Dairy product did you and your child test? What flavours did you try? Strawberry/mango slurp drink.
    Sweet enough without added sugar. Kids liked that they were smooth, no fruit bits.
  3. What did you dislike about the product and flavours that you tried? The pouch lid was a bit tricky to open for my youngest. Otherwise, they loved them.
  4. If you would recommend Biotiful Kids Kefir to others, why would you recommend it? No added sugar is a real selling point. Perfect for school. Great way to get good bacteria into kids who don't eat much yoghurt, or (like mine) only eat sugary fruit yoghurt.
Please
or

Baldwin1973 · 17/02/2020 17:00

We tried the strawberry and the mango flavour

I liked the packaging - they were easy to open and perfect as an afterschool snack. my daughters both liked the flavours and drank them up in no time.

One of my daughters said the drink was a bit too watery.

Yes - it seems like a healthy snack and better than a sugar laden cereal bar any day.
Please
or

Pegase · 17/02/2020 17:27

Which Biotiful Dairy product did you and your child test? What flavours did you try? Mango and strawberry slurpy pouches
2. What did you like about the products and flavours that you tried? I preferred mango and my daughter preferred strawberry
3. What did you dislike about the product and flavours that you tried? the packaging- not sure how you would recycle
4. If you would recommend Biotiful Kids Kefir to others, why would you recommend it? I would recommend as it seemed quite natural and for the good bacteria

Please
or

lozster · 17/02/2020 17:50

Strawberry squeeze, mango slurpy. There were no other choices in the two stores I tried.
    My DS liked squeezing the pack (though the side did leak and spurt across the room :-(). He liked the flavour and texture. I liked the protein level and he seemed full for a long time after. He would like to try it frozen. I’m surprised he liked it as I tried a bit and it seemed quite sour. He devoured the lot though and wanted more.
    My son liked both But the squeeze pack split
    And spurted out
    High protein. Healthy.
Please
or

sjonlegs · 17/02/2020 18:38

1. Which Biotiful Dairy product did you and your child test? What flavours did you try? Mango slurpies (I tried 5 different stores and this was the only product/flavour that I could find). Fortunately my kids love mango.

2. What did you like about the products and flavours that you tried? Great flavour, easy to use, recyclable.

3. What did you dislike about the product and flavours that you tried? The kids weren't keen on the texture - they said it was like a diluted curdled yoghurt (I checked they were in date - and they were)!

4. If you would recommend Biotiful Kids Kefir to others, why would you recommend it? I love the idea, the concept, the serving size and the taste wasn't awful - but the kids weren't keen on the texture - my daughter definitely found it offputting and my son wasn't keen on the texture. I think this would work better if it was the texture of the probiotic yoghurty mini-drinks. I personally love the idea - but think it's an acquired taste. I'm not sure I'd purchase it routinely. If the texture was different and the kids were onboard then I'd purchase it for daily use - but not in it's current form.
Find out what Mumsnet testers thought of Biotiful Dairy’s new range of drinks and snacks Find out what Mumsnet testers thought of Biotiful Dairy’s new range of drinks and snacks
Please
or

SpiderM · 17/02/2020 18:42

Slurpy Strawberry and Slurpy Mango

I liked the fact they didn’t have any added sugar and full of friendly bacteria. My son said they were ok, but asked me not to buy them too often.

There was nothing I disliked about them, but for my son they weren’t fruity and thick enough.

No added sugar, natural, good for your tummy and convenient packaging.
Please
or

IWouldBeSuperb · 17/02/2020 19:05

The Squeezy Snack in Vanilla and Strawberry Cheesecake flavours.
    DD enjoyed feeding herself from the pouch and seemed to enjoy the flavours. I liked the minimal mess the pouches made, the fact they were all natural and the protein content.
    I don't think they necessarily need to have cheesecake etc. flavours - fruit flavours would be fine!
    I'd recommend them as a quick and convenient but still healthy snack - great for on the go, or fussy days when you just want to get anything nutritious into them!
Please
or

annarack99 · 17/02/2020 19:15

1. Which Biotiful Dairy product did you and your child test? What flavours did you try? Squeezy Vanilla and Slurpy Mango
    Great taste, portable, contain good bacteria. Pouch was very easy to use.
    The squeezy tube was a bit tricky for my 3 year old to manage on his own.
    Great taste, good way to get the health benefits of Kefir in a kid friendly format.
Please
or

Valkarie · 17/02/2020 19:19

Strawberry and mango slurpy pouches.

Live cultures and low in sugar, without the addition of sweeteners as I won't allow the kids to have them. The kids didn't notice they were low in sugar and really liked them, so winning. Great for on the go and easy for the 1 year old to self-serve. I already the drink in bottles, but it is very messy for tiny hands.

It is quite runny, so got spilled, especially by the 1 year old that likes to throw things. Thicker would be better. Also, probably a lot of packaging that can't be recycled, so I would feel eco guilt, but it wouldn't stop me.

Tasty, healthy and convenient.
Please
or

duck22 · 17/02/2020 19:29

Strawberry slurpy and strawberry Cheesecake squeezy

My son absolutely loved the slurpy strawberry flavour and asked me to buy more. Good amount, great as s snack and easy to use.

The squeezy was too bland, needs a stronger flavour. Neither me nor my son were too keen.

Quick easy snack. Healthy and they love it.
Please
or

sharond101 · 17/02/2020 19:39

We tried the Biotiful sqeezy strawberry cheesecake and slurpy in strawberry flavour.
  2. What did you like about the products and flavours that you tried? We liked the design of the squeezy and the idea of the flavours.
  3. What did you dislike about the product and flavours that you tried? The products were too bitter and not sweet enough.
  4. If you would recommend Biotiful Kids Kefir to others, why would you recommend it. No as my children did not like the taste.
Please
or

notyourmummy · 17/02/2020 20:13

1. Which Biotiful Dairy product did you and your child test? What flavours did you try? The slurpy drink strawberry and mango flavours.

Not too sweet, not too thick, easy to drink.

Packaging was a little difficult to open.

Nutritious, not too much volume for child to drink.
Please
or

evespudding · 17/02/2020 20:14

1. Mango and strawberry slurpy.

2. My 13 year old son liked them more than The Collective branded ones he usually has. He liked that they are not too sweet.

3. The packaging being designed for younger children means he wouldn't want them his lunch box for school.

4. Great that they are low sugar and good way of getting good gut bacteria in diet.
Please
or

Ashhead24 · 17/02/2020 20:22

1. Which Biotiful Dairy product did you and your child test? What flavours did you try? We tried the strawberry and mango slurpy drinks. The squeeze tubes looked fun but I wasn't sure the one year old would manage not to get it everywhere.
  2. What did you like about the products and flavours that you tried? The kids loved them, I tried a tiny bit of the mango one and was pleased it wasn't overly sweet.
  3. What did you dislike about the product and flavours that you tried? Lots of plastic packaging which I don't think was recyclable. Also because it was so runny the one year old instantly squeezed it all over herself. I would put a bib on her next time.
  4. If you would recommend Biotiful Kids Kefir to others, why would you recommend it? Yes, the kids really did like them and they make a nice fairly healthy snack that's quick and convenient.
Please
or

Achooo · 17/02/2020 20:27

1. We tried the Squeezy snack in vanilla cheesecake and Slurpy drink in strawberry.

2. We liked the flavours and the fact both items were a healthy snack.

3. We disliked the packaging of the Squeezy snack, which my toddler struggled with. It seemed like it’s been designed to look different than other products, so it stands out in the yoghurt aisle, rather than designed to be practical for kids. That said, I can see the packaging would work well if the product was frozen.

4. I wouldn’t recommend the Squeezy with the current packaging, but would recommend the Slurpy drink as a filling and healthy snack.
Please
or

cupofteaplease · 17/02/2020 20:37

1. Which Biotiful Dairy product did you and your child test? What flavours did you try? We found the squeezy snack in vanilla cheesecake but could only find the slurpy drink in morello cherry.

The morello cherry was a hit, and the texture was pleasant. The squeeze vanilla was less appreciated by my DD. She was put off by the texture- watery on top, then lumpy like cottage cheese. I persuaded her to squeeze it into a bowl and give it a good mix with some fruit, and she enjoyed it then.

The texture of the squeezy vanilla, as stated above.

It’s not sweet, and that makes a pleasant change for a child’s product!
Please
or

cupofteaplease · 17/02/2020 20:40

Oh, I should add that DD (12) struggled to open the lid on the squeezy tube, and she said the flavour ‘tasted of nothing’. Sorry it’s not more positive feedback! She loved the cherry drink though and has asked to buy it again.

Please
or

munchbunch12 · 17/02/2020 21:08

The strawberry and mango kefir pouches

they were convenient, easy to eat and tasted good

Nothing really, except they were perhaps a little expensive

It's good for gut health and tastes good
Please
or

Rae1000 · 17/02/2020 21:16

Kefir slurpy pouch in strawberry and mango flavours.

The flavours were both delicious. Daughter said it tasted exactly like strawberries and mango fruit respectively and not just flavours of them.

Didn't dislike the product as such but I do think 75p for one yoghurty drink is just too expensive to go in a lunch box each day.

I would recommend. Perfect for when out and about or in my opinion as a treat too. Easy way to get some good bacteria into kids. I would advise they are expensive though
Please
or

Whyisitsodifficult · 17/02/2020 21:17

Strawberry Cheesecake and Mango.

The squeezy one was different with an unusual texture to it. The ingredients were healthy with no added sugar.

The packaging for the squeezy one was odd. The mouth piece was quite large for my daughter so she squeezed it in which after awhile became soggy then she was getting bits of paper in her mouth! The slurpy one has a plastic lid not great in these times.

My daughter enjoyed the flavours and they’re not sugar laden so yes I’d recommend them if they sort out the packaging!
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.