Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

WEBCHAT GUIDELINES: 1. One question per member plus one follow-up. 2. Keep your question brief. 3. Don't moan if your question doesn't get answered. 4. Do be civil/polite. 5. If one topic or question threatens to overwhelm the webchat, MNHQ will usually ask for people to stop repeating the same question or point.

MNHQ have commented on this thread

MNHQ here: got a question for the Prime Minister?

RhiannonEMumsnet · 29/05/2022 12:03

Hi all,

We’re pleased to tell you that next week Justine will be sitting down with Prime Minister Boris Johnson to ask him Mumsnet users’ questions.

If you have a question you'd like answering, you can post it below. Please stick to the usual guidelines - one question per user, keep it civil, and if one topic is dominating, please don't continue to post what's effectively the same question or point. We'll be limited for time so do keep questions as short as possible so that we’re able to ask more of them - as always, we'll try to make sure we cover the topics that we know are important to Mumsnet users.

We'll be closing this thread at noon on Monday, so please do get your questions in before that - and watch this space to hear how the Prime Minister responds.

Thanks,
MNHQ

OP's posts:
Please
or

Theimpossiblegirl · 29/05/2022 12:05

Why do you think the covid rules didn't apply to No.10?

Please
or

Basilbrushgotfat · 29/05/2022 12:06

No question, just tell him to bloody resign.

Please
or

MrsMigginsCat · 29/05/2022 12:08

Should rule makers be rule breakers?

Please
or

sashh · 29/05/2022 12:08

Have you no shame?

Please
or

twilightcafe · 29/05/2022 12:09

Yes. When is he resigning?

Please
or

Shitzngiggles · 29/05/2022 12:09

What's the point of this? He won't give an honest answer to a straight question at the best of times never mind in this format. Utterly pointless.

Please
or

saltnvinegarlover · 29/05/2022 12:10

Why don't you do the decent thing and resign?

Please
or

UnaOfStormhold · 29/05/2022 12:11

Struggling to come up with any civil questions... hmm.

This government talks about spreading values of freedom and democracy round the world and allying with countries who share "our values". How is this compatible with the way this government is suppressing rights to protest and ignoring or sidestepping constitutional safeguards such as parliamentary accountability and the Ministerial code?

Please
or

Springsnow22 · 29/05/2022 12:12

how does one address the PM? Boris seems horribly informal but Mr. Johnson feels like I am addressing my history teacher. Regardless …

Boris (sorry) I have made several fruitless calls to various dentists for my 18 month old since he started to get teeth. I’ve just managed to get an appointment for mid july, and this is a private appointment. With the cost of living being what it is, childrens teeth are really going to be in a bad way in the future. Are there any plans to address the problems with dentistry in the future?

Please
or

Mumwantingtogetitright · 29/05/2022 12:13

Do you think integrity is important, and of so, why did you remove all reference to it in the ministerial code?

Please
or

ShirleyPhallus · 29/05/2022 12:13

This is gonna be an absolute shit show Grin How on earth will MNHQ be able to pick enough decent questions from what is inevitably going to be a bloodbath of a thread

Please
or

JuneFromBethesda · 29/05/2022 12:14

I got stuck at 'keep it civil'. Good luck Justine, I couldn't do it.

Please
or

Fkingfnaaarr · 29/05/2022 12:15

Why did it only become important to tackle the cost of living crisis the day after the sue gray report was published?

Please
or

calmlakes · 29/05/2022 12:16

What are his plans once he leaves office?

Please
or

headofpotsandpans · 29/05/2022 12:17

How do you sleep at night?

Please
or

10yearoldwisdom · 29/05/2022 12:18

My 10 year old, when hearing of the appalling behaviour at Downing Street said:

‘If you set the rules, then you break the rules yourself, why bother setting rules in the first place?’.

I am concerned about the message it sends to the public that you still defend your actions. We have significant challenges ahead and will need the public to pull together. Why should people when those at the helm don't? (Rhetorical)

Question: Why aren’t honesty, integrity and transparency important to you and why won’t you resign so that we can have a more credible government to steer us through these challenging times?

Please
or

BillLius · 29/05/2022 12:18

What is he going to do when he loses the next election and also his parliamentary seat?

Please
or

Redlocks28 · 29/05/2022 12:19

If breaking the law is now fine, why do we need any laws? Or is it only ok for MPs to break laws?

I suspect this is all rather futile though, and there will be a few questions on here planted by Conservatives which will be the only ones that are actually answered.

Please
or

Arkhamasylum · 29/05/2022 12:22

What’s his favourite thing that he got away with whilst in office? Extra points if it’s one we don’t know about.

Please
or

stuntbubbles · 29/05/2022 12:23

Is it all a big joke to you, or are you thinking of the dinner party circuit end game?

Please
or

abigailsnan · 29/05/2022 12:23

I am a nana to four boys over 18 years of age all with a good education explain to me why these young people cannot find a job where they do not have ZERO hour contracts,employers are just using the younger workforce to their own advantage.
I will admit I have been a Tory voter all my life but feel you are failing my young GCs massively.

Please
or

Arkhamasylum · 29/05/2022 12:23

What gets a brass neck really shiny?

Please
or

BoreOfWhabylon · 29/05/2022 12:23

This should be good <gets comfy>

Please
or

AdoraBell · 29/05/2022 12:24

Will he actually answer any of the questions instead of deflecting?

Please
or

ofwarren · 29/05/2022 12:24

What things does he do to bond with his young children?
Bath time?
Read them stories?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.