Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Week 2 Summer Low Carb Bootcamp - continued thread!

364 replies

BIWI · 02/06/2017 21:53

My goodness Smile I don't think we've ever had a second thread in week 2!

Anyway, the last thread is full, so let's carry on the chatting here until the new thread on Monday!

OP posts:
Please
or

Sunborn · 03/06/2017 13:51

Feeling frustrated. I weighed today and I'm still more than my low weight from before I binged last week - and I've exercised this week.

Still. I am losing weight, so mustn't complain.

Breakfast: beef stew
Lunch: chicken thighs with salad
Dinner: more beef stew - with salad and NO bread (if I stay strong).

Please
or

YoLoZammo · 03/06/2017 13:54

Oh C4 I'm so sorry to hear about your struggles. I only read that post after i posted wittering on about the chicken.

I don't know where you are, but where I live the sun is put, the sky is blue and it's a beautiful day. Get your DH to help you into a chair in the garden. You can watch him potter about and just enjoy the peace and lovely sunshine. It's so therapeutic to just sit and life your face to the sun and close your eyes. The happy natural brain chemicals will flow. And your day will quickly get better. Better than toast and guilt as a quick fix. Wink

Please
or

C4pinkwheels · 03/06/2017 14:12

Thanks ladies,

I didn't eat the evil toast although every time I close my eyes I see it. I had a creamy coffee and picked some radishes in the garden. DH saw me crying and gave me a hug, he's great really but he's an engineer and if there isn't an instruction manual for it he literally doesn't know what to do. He is incapable of free thought and totally incapable of thinking that maybe I'm a bit down/depressed/fed up with eating eggs.

I have very limited energy so leaving the house twice in one day is out of the question, he suggested that I go to the supermarket with him which would have been lovely but would also mean going for a BBQ this evening was impossible.

I have written a LC shopping list, had a wheel around the garden with him and now I'm sitting in this without the bloody horrible sweaty splint on.

Please
or

styledilemma · 03/06/2017 14:20

Oliversmummy

It's tough eating out. I find myself treading a fine line between sticking to the plan and not wanting the people I'm with to find out I'm low carbing and then give me a lecture on why I shouldn't be doing it and how a couple of chips/bread/alcohol won't hurt.

Today I went out for lunch. I had a ploughman's which came as it was supposed to, various cheeses, a bit of ham, coleslaw, salad and bread (which I gave to my OH)
But it wasn't until I got halfway through my Soda and lime that I thought, hang on, this tastes a bit sweet. They'd only put lemonade in instead of soda Hmm
It was a small glass and I'd already drunk half of it so I decided that to go and exhange it for the correct drink would have been drawing attention to the fact I'm low carbing, then too many people would have had too much to say don't they always.
So I went with it.
It was a very small glass, so I'm not going to let that throw me out of whack.

I agree though, that eating out is a minefield. The whole thing is a balancing/damage litigation act.

Please
or

secretsignal · 03/06/2017 14:25

Haven't read the thread yet, will catch up later. Just popped on to say bacon, prawn and avocado salad, yum!

Please
or

YoLoZammo · 03/06/2017 14:32

That salad looks delish secretsignal

And WOW!!!! C4 at your garden globe seat thingy. I am so envious. I could curl up in that and hide from the world for an hour. Bliss.

Please
or

styledilemma · 03/06/2017 14:36

Nowhat'sthis
I did a lot of exercise duringthe first week and I found I still had enough energy.
However, by the second week (this week gone) I found I felt a bit weak during the excercise, so now I make make sure I have lots of vegetables (and include tomato) with my fat and protein, before going.

I'm wondering if during that first week, I still had lots of carb stores that my body was able to access. By the second week, those stores had depleted and my body hadn't quite switched to using fat for energy ? Confused and that could be why I felt a bit weak.
This is just me musing. I have zero professional knowledge as to the sciency bits. Just surmising, as you do Smile

Please
or

styledilemma · 03/06/2017 14:37

before going should read before going to the gym/exercise class

Please
or

MOIST · 03/06/2017 14:39

Low carb peanut butter!

Can I eat it?

Please
or

Yorkshirebornandbred · 03/06/2017 14:39

I'm tired of explaining why this woe works ... no one believes me, everyone's brainwashed into thinking fat's bad! And eating out ... the whole country is ruled by sugar!!!! Everything's bread, cake, biscuits ... Angry

I don't feel like I've lost anything this week .. probably had too much cream ... but I'm not bloated and my waist ( Wink )seems to have gone down an inch.

Please
or

MOIST · 03/06/2017 14:40

Hang on. I'm a nob. I didn't read the label properly. It's not. Damn

Please
or

styledilemma · 03/06/2017 14:44

Yorkshire I seem to have lost off my waist.

Moist I think we can have nuts, in moderation, on Bootcamp light.

Please
or

Pengweng · 03/06/2017 14:49

Hello everyone! Hope you are all enjoying the lovely weather.
I'm feeling happy as i got some good news that I have passed a piece of coursework so yey!

Breakfast today was coffee with cream.
Lunch was 3 chicken drumsticks and lots of buttered savoy cabbage (while DTs and DH ate lovely roasties and yorkshire puddings the gits Grin )

Dinner will be bits and bobs from the fridge that need using up before going on holiday on Monday, mostly ham and cream cheese and some peppers.

Tomorrow will be yoghurt and vanilla
Lunch - random veggies with tuna or eggs
Dinner - courgette carbonara which was meant to be dinner tonight but the chicken needed eating today so i swapped days around.

Please
or

styledilemma · 03/06/2017 14:53

I'm testing my iced coffee lollies Very quite tasty!
2/3rds unsweetened almond milk, 1/3rd double cream, 1/4 teaspoon coffee diluted in a small amount of hot water and a dash of vanilla essence.

The old me wouldnt have liked them because theyre not sweet, but i think my palatte has adapted to food not being sweet, which is good.

Please
or

styledilemma · 03/06/2017 14:55

Peng Congrats. on passing your coursework.

Please
or

AdalindSchade · 03/06/2017 15:05

That peanut butter would be ok in very small quantities I think, as long as the ingredients don't include any sugar. I have meridian peanut butter which is just peanuts and salt so ok if just a teaspoon

Please
or

Cookingongas · 03/06/2017 15:14

B- ham cheese roll ups

L- Grilled halloumi and prosciutto salad for lunch (pictured)

D- lamb burgers with all trimmings minus the bun Wink

Salads are beautiful with lchf! I've always suffered salad when dieting- I've enjoyed each salad I've made with enough fat to make it tasty Grin

Please
or

BIWI · 03/06/2017 15:21

Watch all! Lovely day here, so we're going to have a barbecue later. Barbecues are perfect for low carbing, as long as you're a carnivore Grin

So we'll be having lamb chops, chicken thighs (which I'll marinate in something like lemon/garlic/olive oil), prawn skewers and halloumi with a lemon, garlic and coriander dressing. I'll serve that with cauliflower couscous and home-made coleslaw.

OP posts:
Please
or

nekobus · 03/06/2017 15:29

Hello all

C4 I have garden envy! Your seat thing is gorgeous! Hope it's nice and relaxing sitting there Flowers

Moist the lowest carb nut butter I've found is whole earth peanut with sunflower, pumpkin and flax seeds 4.6g per 100g

Please
or

ScoobyDoosTinklyLaugh · 03/06/2017 15:35

C4 sorry that you've been feeling low. That chair is amazing.

Just checking into new thread. Nothing exciting to report here. I fear I have consumed too much cream this week.

Please
or

HemanOrSheRa · 03/06/2017 15:41

I had Yeo Valley Organic double cream delivered with my shopping this morning Scooby. I fear I will be consuming too much cream over the next couple of days, it is AMAZING!

Please
or

Cookingongas · 03/06/2017 15:49

I know the answer, but am slightly worried today about -whispers- calories BlushShock

I have been logging on my fitness pal, and despite low carbing I've kept with my "target" naturally. Today I fear that's not going to be the case. I'm snacky as a snacking thing, and have made myself a salmon avocado hand roll, many cream coffees and that's on top of breakfast and lunch, which leaves me with very few calories if I were to consider the my fitness pal "target".

If I keep it all boot camp friendly I'll be okay right? Just need the reassurance that I can ignore the calorie stuff

Please
or

AdalindSchade · 03/06/2017 16:03

I think you can ignore the calorie stuff within reason
I'm pretty sure that if you consistently consumed much more fat than you burn through activity then you will gain weight. I'm no expert though.
I have a big appetite and a tendency to binge and could easily eat a 500g pot of yoghurt and half a pot of cream a day. It wouldn't be right for me to just indulge myself simply because they are low carb.
Ideally, your food will be generously portioned and with enough fat that you can't face overeating on the fat. I think we still need to have low carb veg and salad as the main component of lunch and dinner with the fat and protein as the filling part but not the main event.
I'm just trying to work this al out myself. I gave up on low carb last time because I kept looking for cheats and over eating on certain things which meant I didn't really lose weight.
Having said all that, some excessive days are ok if you stick to the plan but not every day. It's not carte blanche to eat a pound of cheese at every meal.

Please
or

ScoobyDoosTinklyLaugh · 03/06/2017 16:11

Heman

I bet its amazing, their yogurt is my favorite. Yet another food item I cannot be trusted with...

Please
or

ScoobyDoosTinklyLaugh · 03/06/2017 16:18

cooking

I'm no expert either, and I've not been logging what I'm eating but I'm deffo going over 2000 cals -most- some days and I'm still losing weight.

I'm beginning to eat a lot less now my appetite has really started to go but I still snack when I'm bored. I don't post my food on here generally because I am too lazy to write out the long list of what I've eaten, but its more than what most people are eating.

I am quite active and have slight youth on my side.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?