Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

If you were going on honeymoon in September, where would you go?

113 replies

Hausa · 23/03/2022 23:15

Ideally with warm sandy beaches, decent nightlife and good food. Anywhere in the world, money not really a factor.

Where would you personally go and why?

OP posts:
Please
or

pinkprettyroses · 23/03/2022 23:40

Santorini. So beautiful!

Please
or

Fere · 23/03/2022 23:41

Bali

Please
or

RampantIvy · 23/03/2022 23:42

Any of the Greek islands. I can't comment on nightlife because a good evening out for me is a drink and a meal out.

Please
or

motherknowsbest1 · 23/03/2022 23:42

My Honeymoon in September is gonna be in Dubai
30+ heat
Beautiful beaches
Luxurious
And amazing night life
Food, shopping entertainment everything is amazing

Please
or

Hausa · 24/03/2022 00:53

@motherknowsbest1

My Honeymoon in September is gonna be in Dubai
30+ heat
Beautiful beaches
Luxurious
And amazing night life
Food, shopping entertainment everything is amazing

Dubai is the epicentre of modern slavery and human trafficking. The human rights violations are genuinely shocking. Do you not know about this or do you not care?!
OP posts:
Please
or

Hausa · 24/03/2022 00:54

@pinkprettyroses

Santorini. So beautiful!

I love Santorini, but we were thinking something a bit further away. Excellent shout, though!
OP posts:
Please
or

Hausa · 24/03/2022 00:55

@Fere I’ll research Bali, thank you.

OP posts:
Please
or

FlowerArranger · 24/03/2022 00:57

Greece or Turkey or Portugal

Please
or

5zeds · 24/03/2022 01:03

Why do you think Dubai is worse than anywhere else? I know it’s common to have strong anti-UAE feelings on MN but what lead you to this belief?

Please
or

Odilla · 24/03/2022 01:10

Well the entire gulf region is a hotbed of slavery and trafficking coexisting with lavish wealth but most Western people don't holiday in Saudi or Qatar. There isn't really anywhere else that has the same mix of circumstances - it's quite specific to the oil region.

Please
or

Odilla · 24/03/2022 01:18

Anyway OP if I could honeymoon with money no object I would wait another 10 weeks or so past September and do an Antarctic trip from ushuia to the seventh continent, maybe do a bit of Patagonia first. It would be a once in a lifetime experience and a massive head blast.

Please
or

Hausa · 24/03/2022 01:22

@Odilla

Well the entire gulf region is a hotbed of slavery and trafficking coexisting with lavish wealth but most Western people don't holiday in Saudi or Qatar. There isn't really anywhere else that has the same mix of circumstances - it's quite specific to the oil region.

Exactly this.
OP posts:
Please
or

Hausa · 24/03/2022 01:23

@Odilla That certainly sounds fabulous, but isn’t quite what we had in mind. I hope you get to do it, one day, though!

OP posts:
Please
or

annonymousse · 24/03/2022 01:27

I'm going on honeymoon in September. To Zimbabwe for a safari. The night life might not be quite what you had in mind tho 🤣

Please
or

Hausa · 24/03/2022 01:31

@annonymousse I’ve actually been to Zimbabwe! It’s where my fiancé’s family is from. Great holiday, but not quite what I had in mind, no. 😂

I hope you have a lovely time!

OP posts:
Please
or

PartyPlan · 24/03/2022 01:38

I would go back to Australia, stopping off in Singapore on the way there or back. It has everything you describe.

The Whitsunday islands are pure paradise. Snorkelling on the Great Barrier Reef. You could travel around a bit and do a mix of beach and city.

Please
or

Cormoran · 24/03/2022 01:50

Nightlife in Australia... oh please. ... only if you have never been to Ibiza, French Riviera, Barcelona, Rimini.... and wrong time of the year!! September will still be cool in many places. Water in Sydney will be freezing.
I am going to suggest Koh Samui or Koh Phangan, Playa del Carmen, and of course Bali. Closer to home, Mykonos is great fun, but a bit late in the season depending when in September.

There is always Miami, combined with some days in the Keys

Please
or

Letsshop · 24/03/2022 01:59

How about a bit of Bali, then maybe Thailand and one of the Malaysian Islands (or any other combination) all very different places but would offer a lot of what your after all in the same region.

Please
or

Rainbowqueeen · 24/03/2022 02:05

Wrong time of year for Thai beaches.
The northern part of Australia would be perfect for beaches and food. So port Douglas, palm cove, Darwin or Broome. Not so sure on nightlife
Bali is known for executing criminals so may be against your values.

Please
or

LollyLol · 24/03/2022 02:14

I'd go somewhere fantastic in Italy - it's beautiful and overpriced for an everyday holiday.

I wouldn't go long haul just for a holiday.

Don't you know we are in a climate change crisis, or don't you care?!

Please
or

AdriannaP · 24/03/2022 02:18

Mexico
Sardinia (Costa Smeralda)
Miami - great nightlife!

Please
or

HotToddyColdSauvignon · 24/03/2022 04:10

@LollyLol

I'd go somewhere fantastic in Italy - it's beautiful and overpriced for an everyday holiday.

I wouldn't go long haul just for a holiday.

Don't you know we are in a climate change crisis, or don't you care?!

This ^^

How rude OP, shitting all over the previous posters honeymoon plans Shock
@motherknowsbest1 - hope you have a fabulous time, congratulations on your wedding

You should have been more specific in your OP. “Where can I go on a long haul trip with sunshine but only to somewhere I personally approve of?” Hmm
Please
or

RampantIvy · 24/03/2022 05:50

Sicily.
We stayed in Cefalu one year. It was brilliant.

Please
or

Funf · 24/03/2022 06:49

Parts of the Med can be wet in September, we has 6 days of rain in Corfu! So just check.
We went to Rhodes, it was excellent in September.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?