Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Ferti-Lily - is it really worth the hype?

TinyDancer91 · 25/07/2022 00:59

Just after some opinions form anyone who has used a Ferti-Lily cup (or similar). Is it really as good as I've heard?

If you have used one, how many cycles did you go through before using and how many did it take while using it to get a BFP? Have you even had a BFP?

Do you think it has actually made a difference?

We are on cycle 8 of TTC #1 so willing to try anything at this point!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Regenbogen22 · 25/07/2022 04:51

I hated it. It was the most fiddly, slipperiest thing to try and insert after sex, and removing it was also awful. I used Softdiscs, found them online.

They look comically large but they were waaaay easier to insert and remove, and I had zero leakage. Probably because they're designed as menstrual discs/cups. They're flat and the "membrane" is super thin. The ring holds eveything perfectly in place.

If you don't like the disposable/waste factor (although I did wash a few and reuse) then there's also something similar on Amazon that's reusable. Can't remember the name.

Anyway, the point is it sits flat against your cervix in the vagina, as opposed to a regular menstrual cup which kind of sits a tad further down like a plug.

Please
or

Suprima · 25/07/2022 05:38

I got pregnant both months using a cheaper, knock off ferti-Lily. I just searched conception cup on eBay. 1st month chemical pregnancy, 2nd my new DD. I obviously haven’t tried it since.

I had a miscarriage 3 months before, 1 normal cycle where I didn’t catch then I started using the cup with the results above. So technically DD was only cycle 3, but I have no idea if she’d be here without it.

Please
or

Wouldloveanother · 25/07/2022 07:56

I’ve just started using it - 5dpo, will report back!

Please
or

Teacaketotty · 25/07/2022 09:25

I’ve used it for 2 x cycles now, no luck yet but I don’t mind using it. Let’s me get up and move around and I do find less “leakages” happen which must be a good thing? I’ll keep using it, think you get 6 x cycles with it.

Please
or

KittyWitty · 25/07/2022 11:28

I used one for months 2-8 of us TTC and hated it! It was so fiddly to put in and I found it hurt to take out some days. Plus, I was SUPER paranoid that it was never clean enough. It didn't work for us, but we are now starting Clomid after over 2 years TTC - so it could just be me!

Please
or

Indianna2006 · 25/07/2022 12:48

@TinyDancer91 I have used it and found it to be okay to insert and take out although I have previously given birth which could factor in lol.

I was ttc number 2 for 11 cycles. Used ferti Lily 2 months but was using it far too low like a menstrual cup which wiukd not make much diff.
11th cycle I worked out it needed to go much higher. Bam I was pregnant.

Unfortunately I had a mmc at 9 weeks.

used fertilily again straight away. Fell pregnant. But chemical loss.

had two cycles since then I’ve used it and not fallen. Now onto cycle 3.

but I think it deff does help the sperm get up there. There are variable other factors as to why you may not get pregnant. Not a good egg etc. so it won’t gurantee it first time always. But I feel certain for me it may shorten the ttc time frame down.

ie if there sperm always get there. Once there is a good egg which can be a healthy baby. I’ll be pregnant.

so I will continue to use and keep my fingers crossed.

Please
or

Wouldloveanother · 29/07/2022 23:47

Wouldloveanother · 25/07/2022 07:56

I’ve just started using it - 5dpo, will report back!

Well whaddaya know… looks like it worked for me! 🤞🏻

Please
or

TinyDancer91 · 30/07/2022 00:14

@Wouldloveanother congrats!! Fingers crossed for a sticky bean for you!!

I bought one and am now 1dpo, so let's see what this month brings...

OP's posts:
Please
or

Teacaketotty · 01/08/2022 09:35

I’m using mine again this month, ovulation today/tomorrow and used it last night and probably today too. Wish me luck!

Please
or

Teacaketotty · 01/08/2022 09:36

@Wouldloveanother congratulations! Any tips for us?

Please
or

Wouldloveanother · 01/08/2022 09:40

Thanks ladies! I used it with a dollop of pre-seed (more to make insertion more comfortable). I only left it in for an hour or so after dtd then rinsed immediately - I was too squeamish to leave it in overnight, I kept worrying I would wake up and find it had disappeared up there 😱

Please
or

mylion · 01/08/2022 12:20

@TinyDancer91 I got one, pregnant within 2 months of using each time! Used it along with conceive+. Look luck OP!

Please
or

Charl881 · 01/08/2022 21:34

Just stumbled across this thread after using my Ferti-Lily for the first time tonight! I’m not entirely sure o used it right but I definitely felt like there was less leakage so we will see. Didn’t leave it in the full hour.

@Wouldloveanother Congrats, that’s amazing you’ve had a BFP!

Please
or

TinyDancer91 · 01/08/2022 22:04

So, just a quick update. I bought one and used it this month but only managed to use it twice before ovulation so not sure if that will be enough.

I agree @Charl881 there was definitely less leakage for me too! I wasn't sure I'd put it in properly either tbh.

4dpo now, trying to hold off until at least next Monday/Tuesday to test. Trying to keep myself busy until then but we'll see how long that lasts 😂

OP's posts:
Please
or

Indianna2006 · 02/08/2022 07:28

Does anyone notice how much sperm is in the cup after they pull it out. Sometimes I find there’s more in there than others. Like less than half full

man like you say. You still get some leakage as guess you don’t manage to capture it all with the cup as per say. But that sperm must not of shot up near the cervix anyway so wouldn’t of naturally likely managed to make its way there.

Please
or

BabyMoonPie · 02/08/2022 07:32

We tried for 26 cycles with no success. On our 27th cycle I used a fertilily and got pregnant. It's the only thing I did differently that cycle so I assume it worked

Please
or

TinyDancer91 · 02/08/2022 07:39

@BabyMoonPie that's amazing! Congrats!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Teacaketotty · 02/08/2022 10:02

@BabyMoonPie wow that’s amazing!

Please
or

Charl881 · 02/08/2022 10:06

@BabyMoonPie That has inspired me to try and use it again! Congratulations.

@TinyDancer91 fingers crossed for you… please do update this thread when you test! I’m due to ovulate the next couple of days so will be using it again and hoping for the best.

Please
or

lucea87 · 02/08/2022 10:08

I swear I got pregnant because of this!! We used it every time we DTD and got pregnant first time. My DD is 9 months on Friday. Good luck OP, hope it works for you xx

Please
or

Indianna2006 · 02/08/2022 11:23

I deff think there is something to it.

equally don’t think it can work EVERY cycle. As not every egg is good enough of course. But I think it deff ensures the sperm get there’s.

I’ve fallen twice out of 4 cycles times using it.

now on my 3rd cycle since mc. So I’m hoping this might be my lucky month. As I’m certain this cup makes all the difference. Good luck ladies.

Please
or

BabyMoonPie · 02/08/2022 12:08

Thanks everyone 😃

Please
or

hipposinacircle · 02/08/2022 13:29

I must admit I've never heard of this before but you've all definitely sold it to me! Will certainly be looking to purchase one if I don't have any joy this cycle.

Please
or

Indianna2006 · 02/08/2022 18:20

@Charl881 I am hoping to ovulate tomorrow too 🤞🏼 Usually would be today but no peak as yet.

I’ve used it CD11 and CD12. Today is CD13. I tend to use the cup 3 times in the fertile period..more the better I figure!

15 months into ttc and cycle 3 since 2 losses so it would be nice it works. I had high hopes my other two cycle due to this cup 😩

Please
or

Charl881 · 05/08/2022 16:27

Used the Ferti-Lily for the second time today and definitely was better. TWW will be starting soon so let’s see what happens…

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.