Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Baby names

Is she a camila?

91 replies

Emz555 · 25/01/2023 22:04

Throughout the worlds loneliest pregnancy, I've struggled to find a connection to a name that I love for my baby. Baby girl arrived yesterday , after a very difficult labour which resulted in a uterine scar rupture and emergency section, whilst without a birth partner. I would always flit between camilla and camille. Camille I've now ruled out and was wondering if I'm actually brave enough to use camilla as everyone seems to make the Royal connection and she's not the most favoured woman.

Then today I came across camila and am wondering if this is the one? Name meanings are very important to me and I like that if she chooses to be known as just mila, mila means miracle which she is. Her middle name will be eve.

Please help me chose and or give me confidence in the name choice. I don't know why I'm still hesitant.

Her elder sister is orla, if that helps.

Is she a camila?
OP posts:
Please
or

SirSamVimesCityWatch · 25/01/2023 22:05

Hmm, I'd say not OP. She'd spend her whole life correcting the spelling and saying "no, not like the queen".

Please
or

MallowPink · 25/01/2023 22:06

Camilla is a beautiful name for a beautiful baby. Congratulations. Also it doesn't make me think of 'that' Camilla when I hear it at all

Please
or

MallowPink · 25/01/2023 22:06

Oh sorry yes I don't like the camila suggestion, but I do like Camilla.

Please
or

BitterGreen · 25/01/2023 22:08

Camilla is a lovely name, as is your lovely girl. If you like it, use it x

Please
or

Mumoftwoinprimary · 25/01/2023 22:08

How about Camelia?

Please
or

Eixample · 25/01/2023 22:08

Why not Mila as the full name?

Please
or

museumum · 25/01/2023 22:08

No, it doesn’t work with one l. I like Camille, and camilla is nice too.

Please
or

Twillow · 25/01/2023 22:09

Awful name with awful royal connection! And misspelled doesn't make it any better.
Camille is lovely though, what made you rule it out?
Or just go with Mila, unusual but simple and sweet.

Please
or

MadameSzyszkoBohusz · 25/01/2023 22:09

Sorry not to be more helpful, but she looks like a Daisy to me.

Please
or

LondonLovie · 25/01/2023 22:09

It sounds like in your heart you've found the name. Forgot everyone else. Go with your heart.

She's absolutely gorgeous. Well done you.
X Flowers

Please
or

Zola1 · 25/01/2023 22:09

She is beautiful, congratulations! How is Camila pronounced?
I like Camilla- I know a little 3yo Camilla and everyone ALWAYS says oh what a pretty name

Please
or

Pocketfullofdogtreats · 25/01/2023 22:10

Congratulations on your gorgeous girl! Camilla is a lovely name. It goes better with Eve than Camille does. I agree with MallowPink, you/she will be forever correcting people's spelling if you go for Camila. It doesn't make me think of the QC either.

Please
or

TangledWebOfDeception · 25/01/2023 22:10

Ahh how lovely! Congratulations on your new little one. Flowers

I think Camilla is a perfectly fine name, tbh - I don’t think the Royal connection matters, and I really don’t think the Queen Consort is seen unfavourably by the majority of people.

Camila is pretty. It will look misspelt to many people though, but that doesn’t matter if it doesn’t matter to you.

Camille is also very nice!

So I’m no help at all...

You do not need to rush - leave it a few days whilst you recover and hopefully get some rest. The right name will come to you. Flowers

Please
or

Luredbyapomegranate · 25/01/2023 22:11

Oh my - she is a beauty!! (And also rather determined looking)

Congratulations OP!!!

Sorry you are having a rough time, and I hope things improve generally.

I really like Camilla (much more than Camille) and would honestly go with that - it’s a common enough name so I wouldn’t worry about the Queen. Camila will just be a lifetime of misspelling and spelling it out.

Cassia
Carina
Chiara
Cliona
Claudia
Ciara
Catriona
Caterina
Clara

Might all be alternatives

Congratulations again!

Please
or

LondonLovie · 25/01/2023 22:11

Ps the baby name board is the worst! I remember asking about my daughters name on here. Everyone slagged it off, as a famous person's child has the same name. Well, we went with it, and have never looked back. In real life everyone loves it. And more importantly, my daughter adores her name!

Please
or

MahMahMahMahCorona · 25/01/2023 22:11

Mila and Orla sound gorgeous together!

She's beautiful OP. I think even Camilla would be absolutely fine, with Camila (pn Cam-eela? Or same as Camilla?) she may have to spell it a lot.

Please
or

vintagechristmas · 25/01/2023 22:11

Oh OP, she's a camilla for sure! Gorgeous name for a gorgeous baby, well done you x

Please
or

StrictlyAFemaleFemale · 25/01/2023 22:11

I quite like your spelling actually. And she looks like a very cute Camila.

Please
or

Twillow · 25/01/2023 22:11

And she's beautiful, I'm sorry you've had an awful pregnancy and birth Flowers

Please
or

Consufed · 25/01/2023 22:12

Camilla is a classic and I like Millie as nickname.

Please
or

9thFloorNightmare · 25/01/2023 22:12

I know a Mila

Could she be Mila Eve?

Please
or

RoaRoaRasputin · 25/01/2023 22:13

Kamila?

Please
or

Coxspurplepippin · 25/01/2023 22:14

She's an absolute doll, such a beautiful wee girl. Camilla is a lovely name - I'd do the two LL only because it's the better known spelling and she won't have to repeatedly spell it.

Please
or

bravelittletiger · 25/01/2023 22:17

Congratulations and well done- she's beautiful. Camilla is a gorgeous name and no-one will
Immediately think of the QQ. Camilla gives you Cammie, Millie, Mila etc if you want too.

If you really can't decide then just wait a little bit and see how you feel. You don't have to choose now.

Other suggestions:

Orla and Charlotte
Orla and Violet
Orla and Tabitha
Orla and Lola
Orla and Delilah
Orla and Isla

In fact absolutely every name I can think of goes with Orla!

Please
or

Potatomashed · 25/01/2023 22:17

Congratulations on your gorgeous little one OP! Camila or Camilla are both beautiful names, the perfect mix of classic and new. She can do anything in the future with that name.

Rest up well, it sounds like things have been pretty tough for you. No pressure on deciding her name yet, you’ve got ages.

Please
or