Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Secret Santa - This shocking right?

170 replies

ShittySanta · 07/12/2022 21:10

NC for this, as workmates may be on here.

Anyway, work's Secret Santa. Ordered two gifts, one was a holder for glasses. Described as 'handmade from authentic durable Indian Shisham wood'. Erm... Not even close. ๐Ÿ˜…

What ordered, versus what I got!

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

1571 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
3%
You are NOT being unreasonable
97%
Missingpop · 08/12/2022 19:49

This reply has been deleted

Removed by MNHQ

LaughingCat · 08/12/2022 19:49

Just ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

But then, not sure who needs a glasses holder. I didnโ€™t even know a thing like this existed ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

hubbs · 08/12/2022 19:52

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

QuinkWashable · 08/12/2022 19:56

I got one for my eldest from amazon (who keeps leaving his glasses lens down on his desk) and got what you were expecting - so I think this is a rogue seller..

ShittySanta · 08/12/2022 20:04

Removed by MNHQ

Nearly 3000 reviews and 4.5 for this tat too. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

If you get no joy, refund through your bank or credit card as a charge back. Hope you get sorted.

OP posts:
ShittySanta · 08/12/2022 20:05

Can't find your page. Can you PM me the URL and I'll favourite you for next time.

OP posts:
Mummieslncorporated · 08/12/2022 20:05

I wonder if the people who think this isn't useful/practical/solving a problem also have an issue with people buying jewellery, ornaments, Christmas decorations - basically anything that's just purely decorative with no other intrinsic purpose.

Sweetpeasaremadeforbees · 08/12/2022 20:26

I think if it's something decorative you have to really really know the person. I'm not mad on people buying me ornaments tbh because I hate dusting but I'm quite happy with food or even a tea towel.

dutysuite · 08/12/2022 20:39

Amazonโ€™s getting worse I refuse to buy from sellers.

Dolleey · 08/12/2022 21:07

Iโ€™m doing secret Santa for the first time ever this year. Praying for my Santa to go with the safe option of chocolates or wine rather than โ€˜interestingโ€™. Even if not to my tastes, chocolate can be shared with guests, wine can be used in cooking... Whereas interesting tends to be marmite.

Iโ€™m with those saying all these glasses holders are fugly.

hubbs · 08/12/2022 22:27

Mummieslncorporated · 08/12/2022 23:14

Based on this thread, I think every workplace should have two secret Santa options.

1. everyone just swaps bottles of wine or boxes of chocolate.
  2. people have to buy something that's neither of those things.

Secret Santa is supposed to be a bit of fun. Where is the fun in trading one bottle of wine for another?
VanGoghsDog · 08/12/2022 23:20

This thread just further underlines how rubbish secret Santa is for the workplace.
Seems to have been abandoned by my work this year, thank God.

ZuzuMyLittleGingersnap · 09/12/2022 00:01

Is Peter Sellers. Reimagined in wood.

Legallypinkish · 09/12/2022 01:32

ShittySanta · 07/12/2022 21:25

ยฃ7. It was the going rate for that type of thing. It had 4.5 star reviews. I shared it on a FB group for the laughs, and people responded with pic of their wooden glasses holder, they paid same as me and got an item that looked like the picture.

Yep I ordered the same one and it looks like the picture.

Merryweather80 · 09/12/2022 02:03

I swap between long and near glasses I would love one for my long distance glasses when Iโ€™m at my desk. I put them down and loose them. Off to finely for the very useful pen pot giraffe glasses holder tomorrow.
Thanks op. Great giggle and useful for reading glasses too.

Damnloginpopup · 09/12/2022 04:26

Definitely isn't machine made. What's the issue?

mrshoho · 09/12/2022 09:26

Your products look great ๐Ÿ‘ and useful too!

Mummyme87 · 09/12/2022 11:47

This was just mentioned on Heart Radio with Pandora but a different storyโ€ฆ she said you had received this glasses holder as your SS gift and it turns out you wear contacts more than actual glasses ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Mummieslncorporated · 09/12/2022 13:59

Mummyme87 · 09/12/2022 11:47

This was just mentioned on Heart Radio with Pandora but a different storyโ€ฆ she said you had received this glasses holder as your SS gift and it turns out you wear contacts more than actual glasses ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Surely if someone wears their contacts more, they are in greater need of a safe place to put their glasses...

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.