Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

was I (probably) scammed on ebay?

82 replies

grandsalam · 05/09/2022 18:47

I've used eBay a few times before and what I've ordered has always been dispatched 1 or 2 days after ordering with emails updating me. I bought an expensive-ish (for second hand) pram on Wednesday morning, it was uploaded on Tuesday the night before. the money left my account almost straight away. I contacted them asking when they would have it sent as I need it by the 12th and I havent even had a response yet. I thought they might not have expected it to sell so quickly so gave it some time. The listing said it would arrive by the 12th at the latest but its now been a week since ordering and they haven't even been to the post office with it as I surely would've had an email update. Im nervous because we wont even be here if they sent it any later, or if theyve got the money and I wont get it back? I don't know how it works.

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

64 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
56%
You are NOT being unreasonable
44%
oakleaffy · 13/09/2022 18:32

Hopefully Ebay will refund you.
The buyer protection I heard was only in place if one used PayPal Goods and services?
Hope you get a refund.

friskybivalves · 13/09/2022 18:50

I believe that even with a debit card payment you can contact your bank about cancelling it.

grandsalam · 14/09/2022 19:27

it arrived!

OP posts:
Gazelda · 14/09/2022 19:30

grandsalam · 14/09/2022 19:27

it arrived!

Yay!

I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting that. But I'm really glad.

grandsalam · 14/09/2022 20:05

Gazelda · 14/09/2022 19:30

Yay!

I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting that. But I'm really glad.

I wasnt expecting it either but wanted to hold out just incase it arrived and it did. made it clear when i contacted ebay that i wanted to keep the item. btw, they had sent me a tracking number previously when they had gone to the post office with it the first time but i assumed that would be invalid as they werent able to post it that day but when i requested it from ebay yesterday i got the same one

OP posts:
FlissyPaps · 14/09/2022 21:18

they had sent me a tracking number previously when they had gone to the post office with it the first time but i assumed that would be invalid

I’m glad your item has arrived OP but … what the hell😂 Did you enter the tracking number into parcel force’s “track your item” page when they first sent it to you?

rainbowunicorn · 14/09/2022 21:48

Sounds like you caused yourself a whole load of stress when you could easily have tracked it using the number they gave you. If you communicated to the seller the way you have here they were probably confused as to what you were on about.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.