Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU to think that NO ONE irons fitted fucking sheets

280 replies

Utterlybananas333 · 23/03/2022 08:24

Because there are possibly two hundred and eighty five million better things I could be doing with my time. And uh I have a life?!!?? In fact I'm pretty sure lots of people don't even iron the duvet cover (the bit that you actually bloody see! )DH and I got in to a semi serious fight over it last night. He was positively horrified when he saw me putting on a *scream UNironed fitted sheet on the bed. I had spent ages ironing the rest of the bedding (duvet and pillow covers) and two kids' bedding so this royally pissed me off. So, tell me I'm not being unreasonable All you normal folks with your heads screwed on correctly.

OP posts:
Please
or

Am I being unreasonable?

AIBU

You have one vote. All votes are anonymous.

CamsPaisleyCuffs · 23/03/2022 08:56

Never iron bedding, but if I'm feeling particularly fancy I'll run the steamer over the bottom sheet and duvet once the bed is made. I can't fathom how to iron a king-size duvet cover and not have several parallel creases running down it. Life's too short.

Please
or

MrsSkylerWhite · 23/03/2022 08:56

If this is for real, point him to the iron.

Please
or

eldora · 23/03/2022 08:57

Why on earth did you iron the duvet cover and why on e at th does he think it’s your job to do these things?

He wants them ironed he can do it himself.

Please
or

MajorCarolDanvers · 23/03/2022 08:57

If he wants them ironed he irons them himself.

PS I do iron my sheets.

Please
or

Geranium1984 · 23/03/2022 08:59

I've seen my neighbours ironing sheets (they're in there early 20's!) I've never ironed any bedding in my life but I do think it would be nice to have if someone else wanted to do it for me!!

Please
or

AllOfUsAreDead · 23/03/2022 09:02

@HangingOver

Come do think of it, I haven't opened an iron for about five years Grin

Same 😁 it could be broken for all I know.
Please
or

EatSleepReplete · 23/03/2022 09:04

It's obviously very important to him, so he should do it.

Please
or

TroysMammy · 23/03/2022 09:05

What's ironing?

Please
or

PrincessPaws · 23/03/2022 09:07

We don't iron bedding at all, we both hate doing it and think it's a waste of time, as it gets crumpled as soon as someone sleeps on it anyway

Please
or

WhatisanODP · 23/03/2022 09:11

I don’t iron at all.

Your husband is very unreasonable.

Tell him to do it himself.

Also you are totally unreasonable for ironing the rest of the bedding. 😂

Please
or

MrsSugar · 23/03/2022 09:11

I don’t even iron my clothes so like fuck would I try to iron a fitted sheet. Life’s too short. Tell him to iron it himself if it bothers him !

Please
or

Wafflesnsniffles · 23/03/2022 09:12

I dont own an iron or ironing board. :)

Please
or

mizzo · 23/03/2022 09:13

I iron them. I line dry and it helps with pollen in spring and summer, I also really like ironing and it gives me an excuse to watch TV during the day.
If they're folded well you can't tell if they're ironed or not though.

Please
or

CounsellorTroi · 23/03/2022 09:13

Another non ironer of bedding here. Apart from pillowcases.

Please
or

Sprucewillis · 23/03/2022 09:14

OMG LTB he sounds like a right F pain.

Please
or

YoComoManzanas · 23/03/2022 09:15

I once ironed bedsheets the first time mil came to stay. She changed the sheets to her own she had brought from home (to help apparently) and I never ironed anything again. Dh irons his own shirts.

Please
or

Notajogger · 23/03/2022 09:16

I don't iron anything and don't look creased! Just hang it so it doesn't crease.
I've never in my life ironed bedding so YABU for ironing the rest of it! As you say, life is too short!
Why not suggest he irons the lot if he's that fussed. I'd refuse to iron it all now if I were you, it's clearly not appreciated!

Please
or

bananaboats · 23/03/2022 09:18

I don't iron anything, agree with everyone else if he's that bothered let him crack on!

Please
or

TheFlis12345 · 23/03/2022 09:18

I only iron bedding when my MIL is coming to stay and even then, just the duvet cover and pillowcases, never the fitted sheet.

Please
or

Poppy92r · 23/03/2022 09:19

I never say this but LTB. But you're also unreasonable ironing any bedding. We can't be friends I'm afraid.

Hehe Grin

Please
or

user1497787065 · 23/03/2022 09:20

Sorry I iron all bed linen. Just love getting into fresh ironed bed linen. But I like ironing and iron tea towels, underpants etc.

Always feel slightly irritated by the 'Life's too short to iron' comments. I like ironing, I love the look of freshly ironed bed linen and would rather iron than watch random tv but know not everyone feels that way.

Please
or

Pbbananabagel · 23/03/2022 09:21

I don’t iron unless it’s a special occasion outfit. Life is too short!

Please
or

hellywelly3 · 23/03/2022 09:22

I don’t iron anything at all.

Please
or

CandidaAlbicans2 · 23/03/2022 09:26

I hate ironing so only own clothes that don't need it. As for bedding, no chance. I pull the creases out before I hang them to dry, and fitted sheets are pulled taught on the bed so creases disappear anyway. The only time I would iron anything these days is if I needed to dry something quickly as I don't have a tumble dryer, but that's not happened in over 20 years.

Please
or

Halllyup17 · 23/03/2022 09:26

I'm surprised at the amount of people who claim not to own an iron. I mean, I hate ironing and certainly don't iron bedding, but do you never iron clothes for work, for formal occasions, for dinner out etc?

Most unironed clothes look so scruffy and it's obvious when someone hasn't bothered to do it imo.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?