Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

To not care what the government decided are Christmas…

Oftenithinkaboutit · 29/11/2021 09:59

Because my (small) family and I will be sticking precisely to our plans to get together. Just the children and me on Christmas Day

And then my 3 siblings and 3 children on Boxing Day.

All double vaccinated. 4 children and 1 adult have had covid (very mildly). The others, who knows!

Does t matter what’s decided. We will do exactly as planned

OP's posts:
Please
or

Am I being unreasonable?

AIBU

You have one vote. All votes are anonymous.

ilovesooty · 29/11/2021 10:55

[quote luckylavender]@Oftenithinkaboutit - I dislike this government with every fibre of my body. However I do not believe they want to ruin Christmas. For once they seem to have acted quickly. It's annoying. [/quote]
Of course they don't. Johnson wouldn't want to risk being unpopular.

I just wish they wouldn't keep referencing it when asking the public to comply with quite reasonable mitigations. It's tiresome.

Please
or

Loudestcat14 · 29/11/2021 10:56

This post is so odd. It's like the playground equivalent of a kid thumbing their nose and going 'my house is better than yours, ner-ner-ner-ner-ner'. What do you want, OP, everyone to go 'oh yes, you are so right, we'll all follow your lead?' Confused

Please
or

slashlover · 29/11/2021 10:58

So did the actual coronavirus topic not suitable for your attention seeking? Or is another one of your rebelions?

Please
or

user1498572889 · 29/11/2021 10:58

Why did you feel the need to post this OP. Was you hoping for a row or did u want people to tell you it was ok. No one actually cares.

Please
or

MLMshouldbeillegal · 29/11/2021 10:59

Agree. My parents are elderly, dad has dementia. This could EASILY be their last Christmas. We're all vaxxed. By Christmas all the adults will be boosted.

Queen Nicola can shove it if she starts advising us in Scotland to have a Zoom christmas.

Please
or

MrsMagnum · 29/11/2021 11:00

I find it hard to see such outright selfish attitudes from people who bleat on relentlessly about the selfish choices of the unvaccinated. If you intend to behave how you wish regardless of what develops then allow others to make their own choices too without condemnation. I will continue to do all I can to protect anyone around me as I have from the start.

Please
or

whynotwhatknot · 29/11/2021 11:00

i folllowed the rules up till now i will be seeing my family this xmas though whatever they are

Please
or

thewhatsit · 29/11/2021 11:01

I’m also hoping various things we have planned aren’t cancelled though - like a Christmas lights walk and meeting Father Christmas. I’d love to go to DC’s carol service at school and the Christmas fayre they’re putting on with mince pies and mulled wine.

If we are in lockdown (unlikely I think - I think Boris won’t be the one to “cancel” Christmas again if he can help it) we can’t do half the Christmas experience / traditions that I want to. The day itself isn’t the only thing.

Please
or

amusedbush · 29/11/2021 11:01

@MLMshouldbeillegal

Agree. My parents are elderly, dad has dementia. This could EASILY be their last Christmas. We're all vaxxed. By Christmas all the adults will be boosted.

Queen Nicola can shove it if she starts advising us in Scotland to have a Zoom christmas.

Fucking hell, there has been no talk of locking down over Christmas so your aggression is wholly unnecessary.
Please
or

Planesmistakenforstars · 29/11/2021 11:03

No one cares what you're doing at Christmas OP. Maybe just post about it on FB instead so you can get the pat on the head and dog biscuit you're looking for.

Please
or

araiwa · 29/11/2021 11:03

How else will you be rebelling?

You gonna drive 70mph on a motorway?
Buy a beer as you're over 18?

A modern day James Deen aren't you...

Please
or

lescompagnonsdeloue · 29/11/2021 11:04

@Loudestcat14

This post is so odd. It's like the playground equivalent of a kid thumbing their nose and going 'my house is better than yours, ner-ner-ner-ner-ner'. What do you want, OP, everyone to go 'oh yes, you are so right, we'll all follow your lead?' Confused

I think the OP wants everybody to be sycophantic and give congratulations on this amazing piece of free-thinking. Either that or they are just having a very boring Monday.
Please
or

Riv · 29/11/2021 11:04

Well, that's nice. At least you won't be be lonely and will hopefully be OK if you get the virus.
Not so nice for those you choose to spread it too, especially those who are vulnerable but hey..
Being so selfish isn't a crime, although it's morally reprehensible. I'm sure people understand your personal needs and could maybe turn a blind eye and judge you silently. Boasting about your lack of social responsibility ? Hmmm. that's different - shows you are proud of your selfishness or maybe you are so uninformed you just deserve pity.

Please
or

Loudestcat14 · 29/11/2021 11:05

Also, don't bloody believe everything you read in the media! This new strain is transmitting faster, that's clear, but if you read what scientists are posting on Twitter, the early indications are it's a mild form, so all this aggressive 'no one can tell me what to do at Xmas' posturing is very premature.

Please
or

Loudestcat14 · 29/11/2021 11:05

escompagnonsdeloue Grin

Please
or

AllThingsServeTheBeam · 29/11/2021 11:05

@ilovesooty

"You just know it's going to happen"

Ridiculously dramatic.

Am I? Haha. It's not like I'm imagining the last 2 years. I don't give a shiney shite anyway. I already work from home and my Xmas plans are not changing. So they can do what they like for me
Please
or

slashlover · 29/11/2021 11:05

@MLMshouldbeillegal

You mean like at the briefing today when she said she's not asking for Christmas to be changed just now? You also seem to use the "Queen Nicola" line a LOT.
Please
or

Mickarooni · 29/11/2021 11:07

Such a truly informative thread. It’s generated such interesting and exciting debate. Thank you, kindly for this opportunity. :)

Please
or

Confusedteacher · 29/11/2021 11:08

Well clap for you OP…
You realise you can still get it if you are double jabbed, right?!

Please
or

Immaculatemisconception · 29/11/2021 11:08

@TulipsTwoLips

Why do you feel the need to tell us?

It’s a forum where people post stuff. Didn’t you realise?
Please
or

ilovesooty · 29/11/2021 11:09

I see a few more people have arrived to throw a toddler tantrum about a hypothetical situation.

The OP must feel so validated.

Please
or

ArseInTheCoOpWindow · 29/11/2021 11:11

Big wow. Do you want a Noddy badge?

Please
or

helpfulperson · 29/11/2021 11:11

Surely the concern about omicron variant is that you being double vaccinated may not be relevant.

Please
or

JesusIsAnyNameFree · 29/11/2021 11:14

Someone's clearly worried it won't go ahead at all.

Do as you wish, but do everyone a favour and don't bitch and moan if you catch it on boxing day. It's a bit like listening to the twat that drank 11 cocktails the night before and is now complaining about how shit they feel. No one actually cares and everyone thinks you brought it on yourself🤷

Please
or

MrKlaw · 29/11/2021 11:14

• I don't care what you do for your personal christmas

• however, I do care what you do more widely.

At the moment there aren't any rules/guidance preventing meet-ups and I doubt there will be. But if there were - and you chose to meet up anyway, I would like to think you'd limit wider exposure - eg going to the pub etc until a reasonable amount of time has passed. So any increased risk you're willing to take, is limited to your family circle and you aren't imposing it on others without their choice being taken into account
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.