Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Influencer ethics on Instagram 2

999 replies

MadameGrizzly · 16/05/2018 09:37

It appears we haven't quite finished workshopping the ethical issues of 'influencing' on Instagram: disclose of advertising, the exploitation of minors and the similarities to MLM schemes.

OP posts:
Please
or

NeverWas · 18/05/2018 19:43

Garfunkel she clarified in the previous thread that she considered she was defamed in the instamums 4th thread. It was subsequently deleted.

Please
or

Boredandtired · 18/05/2018 20:02

Really enjoying Dr Jane Goodall's Instagram too! So many that are good!
Thanks for the book/author ones will have a nosey.

Please
or

Confusssed · 18/05/2018 20:02

Oh what a surprise, a #dearmumsnet torch song

I bloody hope one of her PR team steps in quickly and wrestles her phone off her before she really does herself some damage.

Please
or

Confusssed · 18/05/2018 20:04

And just wanted to say a thank you for those really lovely feed recommendations Smile

Please
or

Gobbolinothewitchscat · 18/05/2018 20:15

Honestly. I am a bit of a professional cynic and I was quite won over by MP who came on and listened and engaged in a very candid and transparent way. Now she is spending the evening in a useful manner tagging Tom Cruise Grin in her stories with no harm to either side. And still the same old sad sacks are trying to wring another two second of fame and a free toaster out of being either a professional victim or one of their handmaidens. Get. A. Life.

Please
or

Boredandtired · 18/05/2018 20:26

MP is what I hoped all the others would be back when I clicked follow. Funny, witty, sincere and seemingly herself. Tom Cruise on a unicorn. Brilliant stories!

Please
or

ElizabethLemon · 18/05/2018 20:32

MP currently at a Gary Barlow concert, that’s more offensive than anything else I’ve seen the instamums do to be honest! 😝

Please
or

EeebyMum · 18/05/2018 20:33

MP stories are on top form - she’s currently at a Gary Barlow concert Glitterball

Please
or

Boredandtired · 18/05/2018 20:34

@ElizabethLemon that's really funny! Crossing a line.

Please
or

NeverWas · 18/05/2018 20:35

Allusedup thank you for the recommendations. I particularly like the term 'legit author' Smile

Please
or

EeebyMum · 18/05/2018 20:36

@elisabethlemon haha, I think you might be right

Please
or

Gobbolinothewitchscat · 18/05/2018 20:39

Can everyone please stop bullying Gary Barlow! Wink

Please
or

Boredandtired · 18/05/2018 20:44

I just looked up the hashtag dearmumsnet on Instagram. There's actually only 16 posts... but interesting the most recent is by an account called cookies_kimbles and MP has commented. Quite interesting and not what I think they started the # for.

Please
or

ElizabethLemon · 18/05/2018 20:51

#bekindtogary

I’m sure MP posted saying she was going to be working alongside cookies_kimbles, I can’t see it now so it might have been on stories.

Please
or

NeverWas · 18/05/2018 20:53

BoredandTired Thank you for spotting that. Cookie Kibble will be getting a follow.

Please
or

jamoncrumpets · 18/05/2018 20:55

#dearmumsnet didn't really catch on did it? Oh well, there's the £84-86 'self care retreat' this weekend so I'm sure any disappointment will be gotten over soon (with the help of a life coach).

Please
or

SpringSprangSprung · 18/05/2018 20:55

These threads have been so thought provoking - and there is more "sisterhood" here than in the blind loyalty demanded on the Insta threads. Would happily share a good bottle of wine with any one of you - good conversation, healthy discussion and interesting disagreement win every day!

Please
or

Boredandtired · 18/05/2018 21:00

I'm so rubbish... cookies_kibbles darn auto correct

Please
or

NeverWas · 18/05/2018 21:07

We'll get it right eventually it's cookie kibbles 👍🏻

Please
or

allusedup · 18/05/2018 21:08

Oh and pennywincer > photographer, interiors and kids. Beautiful photos and also always interesting and thoughtful posts about her specific experiences of motherhood.

Please
or

RandomWordsStuckTogether · 18/05/2018 21:10

I hope she was #gifted those Gary Barlow tickets and didn't spend her own money on them.

Please
or

Boredandtired · 18/05/2018 21:10

@neverwas that's one tricky name!!

Please
or

NeverWas · 18/05/2018 21:11

Penny Wincer is a lovely page 🙌🏻

Please
or

NeverWas · 18/05/2018 21:12

Bored Yes! And autocorrect is a b*gger!

Please
or

Doctorbubbles · 18/05/2018 21:14

I am so thankful for this thread, I now know I am not alone in the way I think/feel about things IG related. What I’m personally aghast is 1. The mental health ‘experts’ and 2. The fan girls. 1. I have been diagnosed with PND and PTSD and to see accounts announcing they can help with such illnesses despite not having ANY relevant qualifications is abhorrent! The bees knees account being one (of many i know) who seems to think a retreat with someone who ‘has had a shit life’ is treatment?!? 2. The fan girls of accounts mentioned here are so vicious it means that even if you have a well thought out point to make you either a) don’t for fear of being shouted down or b) you make the point, get accused of being a troll, engage in conversation but then get deleted

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?