There were records though of him admitting to vomiting, didn't he actually go to the medics for help? Backtracked massively when he realised he might not be allowed to compete. No he did not. He went for check up. Waited for about 30min with no one. From my understanding the IAAF said there was two other people with him, in their statement. Which I think its what meant to happen. However, both his team and the doctor did say there was no one there with him.
They told him to wait for a result in order for the decision to be made. However, no type of sample was taken. So what sort of result would thy wait for. If it's his stool they needed then they would have told him and his team give some. None of that was done. No did the doctor tell them to come back or would they be seen by another person.
I watched the first bit of the interview and they read out the email which was sent to his team at 7pm explaining what was going to happen. What didn't happen was a clear explanation of what was going to happen before that email arrived. If other team received emails and explanations, his didn't. All the in formation both his team and the BBC got was from the media. The representative whom this thread is about came after a long wait of no information.
Also, from my understanding, on Monday he was training and getting ready for Tuesday's race because he thought he was fine.
Their misunderstanding was the 48 hour wait. It's not law but a requirement from health officials in order to try and contain spread of viruses and diseases.
And somebody above who mentioned why would Gabby or someone one on panel mention schools. I would say that the same thing applies. Last month when Dd had a random vomit. I took her to school and mentioned this. The nursery didn't let her in until 48 hours had passed.
I would assume different countries would deal with it differently. I.e. India as given example up.