Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To leave a shitty note on this car?

149 replies

ManchesterBee · 05/07/2017 15:25

We live near a local primary school but the houses were here first if that is relevant. There is a secondary school nearby and parents are allowed to use the church car park.

We have a private and numbered car park with a sign saying it is a private car park.

Between 7.45am and 9.30am and 1.45pm and 4.30pm we cannot get on our own car park. It is full of parents. We have raised this issue with the school for years but nothing has happened. We cannot barrier it as two spaces are customer parking for an business.

We've tried asking parents nicely and got abuse.

Just come back from work. Cannot get on the car park as it is the schools sports day.

One car is half way across our land and halfway blocking the pavement. There's another car parked so people in a wheelchair or buggy cannot pass.

OP posts:
TheMysteriousJackelope · 06/07/2017 20:07

Hipster well the people who passed that law clearly have plentiful parking. Parking in the UK is horrendous. They need better parking enforcement.

Biggreygoose · 06/07/2017 20:12

Use removable posts instead of folding ones.

Use them to block the cunts in once they have parked.

Bet after their car has been blocked in for 6 hours they won't do it again.

(I have to use a public carpark for my house which is near a school. The amount of times I have been blocked in by parents just abandoning their vehicles in the aisles is ridiculous. Because it's a public carpark the council do occasionally enforce it, but not often enough)

user1476641978 · 06/07/2017 20:15

I would (and I've done this before) start emptying your bins over the cars. Do you have any pets? Turds work well.

HipsterHunter · 06/07/2017 20:30

@TheMysteriousJackelope I think there was a bad problem with criminals basically running rogue clamping and towing operations.

But yeah I agree there should be a way for people to enforce people to get the fuck off their parking! :-) You can ticket people and it is legal and enforceable, but you need to display signs with the correct wording.

JaneEyre70 · 06/07/2017 20:33

A few large buckets of manure should solve the problem nicely........ but in all seriousness, I would photograph the car and send it by email each and every time to the school. The school is really your only chance of putting a stop to it.

Pollyanna9 · 06/07/2017 20:35

Options:

Put them on parkedlikeacunt and run off leaflets of each person's 'ad' and stick them under their windscreen wipers en masse. Repeat VERY regularly.

Look up stopadouchebag on YouTube and follow suit. These stickers are huge and are an absolute bugger to get off leaving shed loads of residue. Choose your own words of course Smile.

sparechange · 06/07/2017 20:37

I'm slightly intrigued what the HT is supposed to do to get adults to behave themselves when they are not on site

The HT at a school near me did a '3 strikes and your child is out of fun things' policy for bad parking
So no school plays, after school clubs, teams, if you are spotted parking illegally and ignore the first 2 warnings (this was on the zig zags rather than a private car park but the same punishment could work)

Trollspoopglitter · 06/07/2017 20:40

"The HT at a school near me did a '3 strikes and your child is out of fun things' policy for bad parking"

How is that in any way legal?

GabsAlot · 06/07/2017 20:42

dos is hav to be legal trolls?

its the ht saying your reesponsible for your child so dont do it

KimKardashiansArse · 06/07/2017 20:45

Yeah, dog shit + door handles. Problem sorted in no time.

PunnetSquare · 06/07/2017 21:10

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Whatawaytomakealiving · 06/07/2017 21:14

Head Teacher here!
I would try to help you BUT as the leader of a school (and not an officer of the law) like you, I have no 'power' to make it happen.

I won't be asking a TA (as suggested up thread) to stand outside; she has a job description; it doesn't include traffic duties; she is actively engaged, as she should be, in supporting children to learn.

I could stand outside, but I have a school to run; a focus on your children making progress.

Sometimes, however, I do find myself standing outside of school, in the car park because the same set of arrogant parents that park in your car park also park in the school car park. They block staff cars ( who, not surprisingly need to park their cars to be able to teach).

Occasionally they 'bump' into our school children ( health and safety report to write, lodge and investigate).

They always leave the school gates open after them (safeguarding issue - report to write).

As they turn into the school car park, they stop on the driveway so that when I turn right in to the school car park I am sitting across the main road in full traffic flow. This is to let their 'little darling' out of the car right at the school door.

Oh, and of course, long term parking; leaving their ( unknown to us) car for a week, in the school car park and causing a near security scare (2 hours of telephone calls to the LA & police, a police visit, safeguarding report to write and an investigation by governors).

My weekly newsletter 'name and shame/plea about child safety' doesn't work for the school car park. I don't expect it will work for yours.
( all rather tongue in cheek, but very true 😇😉)

BlackeyedSusan · 06/07/2017 21:25

if they do not give a shit about parking in the wrong place they will not give a shit about the HT telling them off.

a HT locally ended up closing one of the gates to school permanently as people were taking the piss with parking. They have the pcso outside the school regularly and people still park like idiots.

same at another school I pass and the children's school.

PigeonPie · 06/07/2017 21:26

We have had parking issues around our estate and the Head has said that sometimes when she's asked parents to move as they were parking illegally or inconsiderately, she just got a mouthful of abuse back which isn't good for a working relationship between parents and staff.

However, we are trying to set up a scheme for parents to park on agreed residents drives with school parking permits when the residents aren't there and then encourage the children to walk just that little bit further than from the school gate. We'll trial it in the autumn.

I have also found that posting pictures of places not to park on the school unofficial facebook page has sometimes worked.

But sorry OP hope you found the culprits.

Pollyanna9 · 06/07/2017 21:32

.... or any one (or more) of these that take your fancy:

sparechange · 06/07/2017 21:44

Trolls
I don't know, but I don't think anyone sued. The parents have to sign up to the school values charter and acknowledge that breaking the values means sanctions will be taken

I'm not a lawyer, but I preumune a lot of extra curricular activities are at the discretion of the teachers, and if the can take them away as punishments for childrens' bad behaviour, they must have thought they could extend it to parents' bad behaviour also? Not a million miles away from children being 'excluded' from participating in attendance award ceremonies to punish the parents actions of not bringing them into school

As long as they aren't discriminating against a particular group, it can't be breaking any laws?

simon50 · 07/07/2017 10:00

If you own your parking space, have a look on Amazon as they do some quite cheap posts.
Or as others have said, you can sign up on line with one of these parking Co's, they send you a sign to put up and you take photos of the offending cars, they then send them a bill for parking, they make all the money from the charge, but once word gets around that should cure the problem.

SherbrookeFosterer · 07/07/2017 12:35

Go for it.

We all need to pop a balloon now and then - you will feel a mixture of guilt and satisfaction afterwards, but better out than in!

Fishface77 · 07/07/2017 13:31

All of the residents need to book holidays OF then stand arm in arm at the end of the car park and shout vile abuse at the twunts.

Failing that follow them home, find out where they live and the next morning park on their drive at their houses so when they get in they can't park and say wel how do you feel now ya CUNT (optional).

thetemptationofchocolate · 07/07/2017 14:47

OP I think you are on your own. The funding cuts to schools and the Police will mean that there are no spare bodies to sort this out. You do seem to have some fine specimens of Arsehole Parkers in your car park though, maybe you should hold a competition? Not sure what kind of prize to offer though ... half a tone of horseshit sounds about right to me but you may have other ideas :)

DopeyDazy · 07/07/2017 15:31

When i was at college security used to put sticky notices on windscreen that were a bugger to get off few people wrongly parked twice. A previous poster suggested it and even if it didnt stop them it woukd give you a measure of satisfaction seekng them struggle to get it off. Dont buy them yourself get a friend who doesnt live in the block to get them so if there is any police involvement they wong show up on your bank statement and you can look surprised :-)

NewPapaGuinea · 07/07/2017 15:45

Abused for blocking them in and saying they could park "where they f'ing well like". Well, by that logic so can you and the abuse is unjustified

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

SteamTrainsRealAleandOpenFires · 07/07/2017 18:16

Do not move near a school it's obviously going to get busy.

The OP did state in her opening paragraph:-
[quote] We live near a local primary school but the houses were here first if that is relevant. There is a secondary school nearby and parents are allowed to use the church car park [/quote]

The houses were there before the school.

sunshineandrainbowsparkles · 07/07/2017 18:20

Traffic cones?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.