Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Workzilla update..

999 replies

famtastic · 03/07/2017 18:26

Ok so she sent me a few more messages about how they just assumed I knew what they needed and didn't think they needed to spell it out for me! Saying that they do not know how they are expected to pay for childcare that they hadn't budgeted for as they was relying on me to provide it. And I shouldn't of said I could help if I wasn't willing to do so.

I've not replied to any messages

OP posts:
justkeepswimmingg · 03/07/2017 18:34

She's actually unhinged..

MrsChopper · 03/07/2017 18:34

You can't reason with crazy!

Can't believe the cheek of some people!

WankYouForTheMusic · 03/07/2017 18:35

I wonder if the husband genuinely did lie/assume, aided no doubt by a bit of some woman will look after my kids-itis That's what he's told her and she genuinely believes it.

Doesn't excuse the behaviour, comments etc but maybe explains why she was so vehement.

DarthMaiden · 03/07/2017 18:37

It's reached the point where it's time to say "oh do fuck off dear" and cancel any arrangement for Monday.

blackteasplease · 03/07/2017 18:37

But she does say she assumed. Not "Mr crazybatshitwoman told me"

whatsleep · 03/07/2017 18:37

I am not place marking at all 😬

blueskyinmarch · 03/07/2017 18:37

Is she still planning to come round and see you?

Falconhoof1 · 03/07/2017 18:37

She is unhinged. And she's seriously minimising the help she so stupidly assumed you we going to be giving- but at the same time realises it would cost her a fortune to pay for it. What planet is she on?

ChasedByBees · 03/07/2017 18:38

Her swearing and aggressive responses would be reason enough to cancel even if you had agreed (although you haven't). Stay strong OP. It'll be a lot easier after this reaction. I'd be tempted to show the mutual friend too.

MadamePomfrey · 03/07/2017 18:38

I don't think I could help replying
'You assumed I would make no plans with my own children over the holidays so I could help you out? You didn't budget any money for child care so you assumed I would look after entertain and feed the kids for free!! You assumed 7 hrs of childcare a day all week is the odd favour??? You know what they say about assuming it makes an ass of you and me!! I suggest to stop trying trying to guilt me in being your unpaid childcare and start finding childcare! ' the friendship is over if there ever was one Beyond them using you! I would need my say!

CoraPirbright · 03/07/2017 18:38

Is she still planning on coming round?

I would reply just once more: "you have been spectacularly rude both in your texts to me and in your arrogant presumption that my time is yours to do with as you will. The 'odd favour' and daily childcare for several hours are miles apart and no one in their right minds would think the two are the same. Your childcare arrangements are not my responsibility - you should organise something properly and pay for it like everyone else has to. Do not come round. I am not available to do any childcare for you at any time."

Phew! That was cathartic!!

juneau · 03/07/2017 18:39

Nah, I don't think the DH strung her a line. She's made it clear that the OP only agreed to Mon 17th and she's made it equally clear that she just 'assumed' the rest, which was fucking stupid of her! Who, on earth, would just 'assume' that anyone at all, even their DM or DSis or best friend, would be able to have their kids every day for 6 weeks without spelling out what they need and receiving agreement from that person? She is nuts. There will be no reasoning with her.

mumonashoestring · 03/07/2017 18:40

Finally all caught up! I won't be in the least bit surprised if it turns out it was her DH's job to sort childcare for the holidays and he's told her he's got it alllllll in hand (then panicked and let her think you've agreed something)

SallyGinnamon · 03/07/2017 18:40

Desperately waiting to hear what happened between Mrs Entitled and your DH

littlelolo · 03/07/2017 18:41

She's bold as fucking brass that one!! I'm astounded there are people like this that actually have friends!

TwoLeftSocks · 03/07/2017 18:42

I think you owe your mutual friend a big thank you for tipping you off. Finding out right at the end of term would have been a whole level more batshit.

Ahickiefromkinickie · 03/07/2017 18:42

Hell is other people's children.

GlitteryFluff · 03/07/2017 18:42

I genuinely can't believe there are such cheeky fuckers in this world.
Do not back down otherwise they will be laughing.

ElleMcElle · 03/07/2017 18:43

If you are expecting someone to do you the MASSIVE favour of weeks of holiday childcare, of course you need to spell it out - preferably months in advance. And double and triple check it. And thank the person profusely time and time again.

This woman is insane and horribly manipulative in the way she's now trying to turn things around and make it sound like you have suddenly created a childcare problem for them. If you hadn't sent that first text to clarify things, she would've just turned up on Day One expecting childcare for the next 6 weeks, wouldn't she?!

vikingprincess81 · 03/07/2017 18:43

Don't fall victim to the emotional manipulation OP! Stay strong - it's not your problem. None of it is your problem. Say it with me in a creepy twilight monotone mumsnet weird mashup 'not my circus... you know the rest.... Wink

livefornaps · 03/07/2017 18:43

Omg please post some of her messages.

Following since this morning, still agog.

Ahickiefromkinickie · 03/07/2017 18:43

sorry, random dot.

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

HighlyUnlikely · 03/07/2017 18:43

Please, you MUST ask her if she's on glue when she pitches up.

Anatidae · 03/07/2017 18:43

Blatantly placemarking :)

SoupDragon · 03/07/2017 18:44

Not placemarking...

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.