Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Workzilla update..

999 replies

famtastic · 03/07/2017 18:26

Ok so she sent me a few more messages about how they just assumed I knew what they needed and didn't think they needed to spell it out for me! Saying that they do not know how they are expected to pay for childcare that they hadn't budgeted for as they was relying on me to provide it. And I shouldn't of said I could help if I wasn't willing to do so.

I've not replied to any messages

OP posts:
Aeroflotgirl · 03/07/2017 18:30

Oh my god, when you work, you have to budget for childcare, or find a job that you can work term time. Yes if you are expecting somebody to provide you with childcare, you clarify it properly with them first, not expect and get all huffy when it does not go your way. what a blooming user. Sorry her fault, she should have met with you and run it by you properly first, giving you the opportunity to say no, without assuming that you would provide free childcare throughout the holidays. My god she has more front than Donald Trumps face she really has ShockShock

Her lesson learned, never assume anything.

TinselTwins · 03/07/2017 18:30

Imagine being that entitled - must be nice in some ways to be totally incapable of being embarrassed

IggyAce · 03/07/2017 18:31

Assumed, well there's her problem right there. You don't assume anything where childcare is concerned, you aren't mystic Meg. Bloody silly women.
Well the teenager doesn't need childcare, and since it's so early she is unlikely to find any for the 10 year old.

Easyonthetonic · 03/07/2017 18:31

You should text back once more and say 'I don't know how much clearer I need to be, you made a very casual request for me to cover one Monday and you never followed that up with any definite confirmation, you left me to do that. How could you possibly think you had confirmed 6 weeks worth of free childcare with me?'

RubyRoseRing · 03/07/2017 18:31

So Workzilla is now contradicting herself. What a nut job.

luckylucky24 · 03/07/2017 18:31

Why would you assume someone knew exactly what "a few favours" meant?
She is an idiot and this is of her own making!

Cagliostro · 03/07/2017 18:31

If she thinks she didn't need to spell it out for you (also known in the real world as "making plans") perhaps you could start charging her for psychic services

youmayfoldunderquestioning · 03/07/2017 18:31

I mean seriously?? She thinks that insulting you and being aggressive is going to charm you into looking after her children at ridiculous o'clock in the summer holidays? I think not.

mogulfield · 03/07/2017 18:31

Surely nobody could be this stupid? To vaguely say I need a favour and assume full time child care?! She knows joe ridiculous she is being but she's a bully and probably isn't used to people standing up to her.

ItsAHardKn0ckLife · 03/07/2017 18:31
PrincessFiorimonde · 03/07/2017 18:32

Yet another one saying - stick to your guns, OP!

DAMNgina · 03/07/2017 18:32

Ah, the emotional manipulation continues - they really do think God loves a trier eh?

Do. Not. Engage. With. Crazy.

KatharinaRosalie · 03/07/2017 18:32

Dear Workzilla, your husband said you might need an occasional favour. Please look it up in a dictionary. It does, in fact, not mean unpaid childcare for 6 weeks!

Theyhaveallbeenused2 · 03/07/2017 18:32

Aww I started reading this this morning l..guessing you contacted her op? Anyone care to link first thread?

AlternativeTentacle · 03/07/2017 18:32

'If I WAS a childminder and had these amazing abilities to read people who were not even my clients' minds...do you really think you could even afford me? You are priceless. I am blocking you now. Fuckity bye'.

mickeysminnie · 03/07/2017 18:32

Also love the fact that she asked you to und on the Monday from 6.30 -10.30 and then when you asked to clarify times it jumped from 6.30 - 2!!

DailyFailAreCunts · 03/07/2017 18:32

She's totally delusional.

You know I bet the Daily Fail pick this up, if they do...

Dear Daily Fail Mail,
Stop being such lazy cunts and write your own stories!
People hate you.

blackteasplease · 03/07/2017 18:32

Can't believe the cheek of her!

Also when I was over there catching up, you've all gone over here!

frenchfancy · 03/07/2017 18:33

Original thread here: //www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/a2969962-Friends-expecting-me-to-look-after-kids-6-week-holidays for those that missed it.

Not place marking at all - no not me.

CrazyHairSister · 03/07/2017 18:33

Wow the outright cheek of her, she just gets worse and worse

WhatwouldOliviaPopedo · 03/07/2017 18:33

I reckon the husband has told her a pack of lies about making a formal arrangement with you. How else could she possibly think that him asking for a favour amounts to you agreeing to have their kids every weekday for six weeks??

Aeroflotgirl · 03/07/2017 18:33

When you work you need to have back up childcare plans, or be able to take unpaid leave for the holidays. She is totally stupid and disorganised, that is not your fault. Her children, her responsibility.

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

paxillin · 03/07/2017 18:33

They'll find someone else to dump their kids with. People like that always do.

You might find lots of new friends when word gets round that you are the newest would-be-mug who said get lost. Happened to me when I told a pisstaker where to go last time.

RortyCrankle · 03/07/2017 18:34
McDougal · 03/07/2017 18:34

I cannot believe this woman has any friends in her life if this is how she treats a school run friend. Well done for not rising to it OP.

I can't wait for the update when she comes face to face with your DH Grin

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.