Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Worried again re the B's aka Putins sick threats

Raul57 · 21/09/2022 14:40

I was awfully worried first time around re Putins nuke threats.

This time around I'm more worried as Putin is in a corner and our PM is known for blabbering stuff.

From wht I can see most of the Russian troops do not want to fight and not becuse they don't have guts but the real reason that they know this invasion is a sham

I've read on various sites some Russians are leaving Moscow etc as many more ex service men being called up.

Both sides have lost many people inc children.

I blame both sides but more so Putin as he is a nasty, weak, decrepit b.
You will always get people disagree with the other EG Scotland we speak the same lingo, eat the same food, look the same but imagine if Scotland had its own armed militias as you get extremists on both sides. Look at NI.

A fact not all are aware of the previous PM in the Ukraine was pro Russia and during the elections USA senetaros aka MP's were over in the Ukraine when the current PM won. Imagine Scotland having another referendum and we had MP's from China and Russia wooing the Scots. For this reason I blame the west.

Politics is a dirty game and the losers are the ordianry people inc most of the soldiers who only joined up to earn a living.

I bet you if Putin, Truss, Binden were pushed to the front line to lead the charge, they would soon change their minds re fighting and talk as would most other world leaders

As Russian media is more heavily controlled than ours, I can appreciate many of the Russians hearing about X wanting a referendum and joining Russia to protect it's people - this is what the west is doing protecting Ukraine from evil Putin and a lot of Russians see it like that for their side mainly due to the mis-info served up by Putin and his B's

To be in Russia and stand up to Putin could result in jail or worse and I'm sure that even many at the top want Putin out but too fearful to say anyhting

I fear a misunderstanding and as Tuss has a big mouth and rarely does anything quietly re Ukraine, I fear that England is a bigger target, main target for Putin and if we were nuked, I bet you USA and France would hold off in the hope of do nothing and be safe.

I'm not sure what to do but fearful especially for our children and grandkids.

There is also a massive possibility of a nuclear power stattion being hit in the Ukraine and this will affect the west and Russia but as we all know, Putin does not care he and his cronies will be safe just like other world leaders

If I was younger, I'd be on thestreets demanding all world leaders in the even of conflict led from the front on the front line and I'm confident the world would be a safer place as most of them are armchair woarriors and have bukers full to the brim with food/meds/etc.

Actually I'm very angry and I don't often wish this but I hope someone takes out Putin then after that both sides behave and not meddle in another country (Just look at what Libya has been turned into as well as Iraq - they may have had leaders our lot were not happy with just like they were not happy with ours but the countries are now dustbins and millions are suffering)

OP's posts:
Please
or

Raul57 · 21/09/2022 14:42

How would you de-escalate this seriously dangerous situation?

I agree with the french and turkeys PM's - give this idiot a way out ie a face saving one and then hope he is taken out.

OP's posts:
Please
or

TarasHarp55 · 21/09/2022 14:50

But the US has to come to our aid as we're all part of NATO. I'm worried sick too but I'm clinging to the hope that Putin realises the concept of mutual assured destruction. But even if the US did nothing we have our own nuclear deterrent. Putins Russia would be equally destroyed.

Please
or

Pixiedust1234 · 21/09/2022 14:53

if you are that worried why are you digging around the Internet? There's nothing you can do* so stop reading about it. Put the phone down and go outside for a walk every time you feel tempted.

*unless you are a russian speaking top secret assassin ?

Please
or

GoneWithTheWine1 · 21/09/2022 14:57

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Please
or

Raul57 · 21/09/2022 14:59

TarasHarp55 · 21/09/2022 14:50

But the US has to come to our aid as we're all part of NATO. I'm worried sick too but I'm clinging to the hope that Putin realises the concept of mutual assured destruction. But even if the US did nothing we have our own nuclear deterrent. Putins Russia would be equally destroyed.

Thanks.
Putin is not rational and aged 77 I think even if he is medically fit he does not have long to go so nothing to lose as his family will be in bunkers.

The dangerous fact re Putin is that if he backs down, he will soon be overthrown and even more dangerous in order to win the escuse of it I can see him push the nuke button as he could not careless re MAD.

A person in his position making nuke threats is unbalanced IMHO

The west needs to assure him they want talks and both sides agree to and force Ukraine into accepting UN forces from a countrie/s seen a mutual friends.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Raul57 · 21/09/2022 15:01

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

He is actually no better an no worse than most politicnas. The problem with him is he has access to nuclear weapons, massive armed forces and ring of servants/cronies that protect him

Many have died trying to remove him by just talking about feeling Putin was wrong.

OP's posts:
Please
or

GoneWithTheWine1 · 21/09/2022 15:02

And we have Tony Blair who literally started a war over NOTHING and to this day is still protected.

Please
or

Raul57 · 21/09/2022 15:05

Pixiedust1234 · 21/09/2022 14:53

if you are that worried why are you digging around the Internet? There's nothing you can do* so stop reading about it. Put the phone down and go outside for a walk every time you feel tempted.

*unless you are a russian speaking top secret assassin ?

I wish I was younger I'd take him out and those that talked big about defending/wars what's right etc but not prepared to lead from the front on the front line.

As I type many more are losing their lives/homes/etc and the real danger of a misunderstanding and or fear of being attacked by a nuke may result in the other pressing the buttons first.

China needs to stand up and be counted along with Indian and drag Putin and the west to the table and have a ceasefire in place and seriously consider UN troops - not ideal but what are the options

OP's posts:
Please
or

BatteryPoweredMammy · 21/09/2022 15:05

And we have Tony Blair who literally started a war over NOTHING and to this day is still protected.

Apt username. 🤔😂

Please
or

TarasHarp55 · 21/09/2022 15:06

But I'm trying to liken Putin to a typical bully, all mouth and full of bull. I think a silent Putin would be more deadly. I mean if he's going to strike why would he pre warn us. He might be mad but he's also a very rich man. His riches would mean nothing in a post nuclear world.
I'm hoping to give myself reassurence here as well as you.

Please
or

Raul57 · 21/09/2022 15:06

I fell for the "WMD" BS - never again
Syria is now a dustbin thanks to blair &Co.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Raul57 · 21/09/2022 15:07

Iraq I meant and the west and russia doing a good job at turning Syria into a bin

OP's posts:
Please
or

Raul57 · 21/09/2022 15:11

TarasHarp55 · 21/09/2022 15:06

But I'm trying to liken Putin to a typical bully, all mouth and full of bull. I think a silent Putin would be more deadly. I mean if he's going to strike why would he pre warn us. He might be mad but he's also a very rich man. His riches would mean nothing in a post nuclear world.
I'm hoping to give myself reassurence here as well as you.

I agree but with the west and russia on high alert and misinfo around, a slight misunderstanding could start the ball rolling.

Liz Truss is no diplomat has a big and dangerous mouth.

People slag of the little guy aka French president and the Turkish pm but they are right we need to give Putin a face-saving way out as the alternative may be a nuke wipeout at least for the UK

As I said in my OP - if the UK was nuked buy a few nukes, the Frendh and USA will hold off in the hope that was it and then Russia and USA would negotiate but too late for the UK and millions of in the EU that will get the radiation fallout

OP's posts:
Please
or

TarasHarp55 · 21/09/2022 15:19

Raul57 · 21/09/2022 15:11

I agree but with the west and russia on high alert and misinfo around, a slight misunderstanding could start the ball rolling.

Liz Truss is no diplomat has a big and dangerous mouth.

People slag of the little guy aka French president and the Turkish pm but they are right we need to give Putin a face-saving way out as the alternative may be a nuke wipeout at least for the UK

As I said in my OP - if the UK was nuked buy a few nukes, the Frendh and USA will hold off in the hope that was it and then Russia and USA would negotiate but too late for the UK and millions of in the EU that will get the radiation fallout

But if the UK was nuked there'd be a swift retaliatory strike straight back at Russia. Putin knows we've got the capabilities. Maybe that's why Truss is so mouthy, she probably knows Putin wouldn't dare. I just wish we had a better prime minister though in these times. Of course you're right, accidents can happen in heightened tensions.

Please
or

JustMaggie · 21/09/2022 15:26

If you let Putin save face by giving him a way out he'll only try again later. He's a bully and someone needs to stand up to him.

Please
or

notimagain · 21/09/2022 15:26

I think if the worse comes to the worse the most credible initial scenario is a single Russian round aimed at somewhere in Ukraine...after which theere would be a pause for thought, not a mad rush into MAD.

Please
or

Suetwo · 21/09/2022 16:00

I’m not worried. There are too many sane people around Putin who would stop him. They have wives and children, etc, and they know nuclear war means death for everyone.

We always worry about short term problems and ignore the long-term ones, which are often more of a threat. Right now, it isn’t Putin we should be worrying about but overpopulation, declining fish stocks, the African birth rate and climate change.

Please
or

Raul57 · 21/09/2022 17:06

JustMaggie · 21/09/2022 15:26

If you let Putin save face by giving him a way out he'll only try again later. He's a bully and someone needs to stand up to him.

True but the alternative appears to be nukes atm.

Uraine states over 60k russian troops killed the west states about 30k and Russians said 5k today. If it is close to 30 dead Russian troops why are the familys of those killed not speaking up?

You can't blame most of the russian people as they are fed rubbish, one-sided stuff - we in the west are fed the news we want to hear. - not many people in a country want to see their side lose, rightly or wrongly

Other than giving this selfish, dangerous, deranged man a way out, many more will die/be injured/etc and the possibility of nuke mistakes and strikes on uk.

Those that are pretty certain France and the UK would attack Russia if they were not targeted are dreaming at best.

Don't forget there was a long-standing war going on in the eat of the Ukraine and both sides suffering - a bit like wales and England, English have English and nationailst in wales favour the welsh language and often feel they are disadvantaged - easy to fight/war but even after a nuke exchange there will have to be talksw3

OP's posts:
Please
or

Scribbless99 · 21/09/2022 17:20

I am absolutely terrified! I was awful when the threats happened in march, I was completely anxiety struck and struggling with daily things such a looking after myselF and my kids, and now I have seen this today! I can already feel myself slipping, terrified that he will nuke the uk and start WW3 😭😭😭😭

Please
or

155ninjas · 21/09/2022 18:36

i think there’s a high possibility he will use nuclear weapons. Possibly tactical in Ukraine then he will sit back and assess the reaction from the rest of the world

Please
or

155ninjas · 21/09/2022 18:40

Suetwo · 21/09/2022 16:00

I’m not worried. There are too many sane people around Putin who would stop him. They have wives and children, etc, and they know nuclear war means death for everyone.

We always worry about short term problems and ignore the long-term ones, which are often more of a threat. Right now, it isn’t Putin we should be worrying about but overpopulation, declining fish stocks, the African birth rate and climate change.

The problem is that they will all be offered sanctuary in his bunker complex with their families so they may not necessarily be against him using them

Please
or

theDudesmummy · 21/09/2022 18:41

A high possibility of using nuclear weapons just next to NATO and the EU's border? I don't think so. He may be "mad" but not everyone around him is.

Please
or

155ninjas · 21/09/2022 18:41

notimagain · 21/09/2022 15:26

I think if the worse comes to the worse the most credible initial scenario is a single Russian round aimed at somewhere in Ukraine...after which theere would be a pause for thought, not a mad rush into MAD.

Thus is what I think as he knows then he has carried out his threat - the world will take him seriously and he will basically get his own way in case he does it again on a larger scale

Please
or

155ninjas · 21/09/2022 18:42

theDudesmummy · 21/09/2022 18:41

A high possibility of using nuclear weapons just next to NATO and the EU's border? I don't think so. He may be "mad" but not everyone around him is.

I do think there’s a high possibility he will sadly

Please
or

theDudesmummy · 21/09/2022 18:44

Sanctuary in a bunker in an intercontinental nuclear war is not going to ultimately mean much. They know that. In any case, not much we can do.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?