Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

The everything you need to know about going to ABBA voyage thread

Cod · 05/06/2022 08:44

Getting there
it is really well located for public transport.

Pudding Mill station is directly outside, but we walked from Stratford which is better connected for us from Waterloo.

It’s only a 20 minute walk along pathways links to the Olympic site I’ll be absolutely fine unless it’s pouring down with rain

Drinking and Eating before
if you want a proper meal pasta go to one of the mini chain restaurants at Westfield and then walk from there.

There is very little outside although there is some street food inside, but I didn’t see that.

Outside there is a pop-up box park type thing with called snoozebox which has got loads of atmosphere and some really tasty Indian street food. Drinks in there also a lot cheaper than inside the little mini foyer outside the Area where wine us £25 and beers £6. They will also give you tap water. The arena sells refillable Abba merch water bottles pictured.

the arena
outside in the foyer everybody is very up for it! You’ll be overcome by the joy of the whole experience. The arena is pop-up and the foyer shows, in the winter it might get quite windy but in the summer it was lovely. Hang around there to soak up the atmosphere. The staff are lovely and the cloakroom is free, but watch out for long queues afterwards to get that so take as little as you can. If you have got dancefloor seat you need to travel pretty light. Security is fast.

seating
unless you have an infirmity GET DANCEFLOOR TICKETS. There’s loads of room and great aircon. The chair people only stood up for the odd song. When we arrived in there about 20 minutes before the show lots of people are sitting on the floor in the dance floor seating finishing drinks and stuff but they soon got up as the vibe increased.

the show
They are rightly strict about phone use, and I saw very little of it. The show will freak you out because it’s so brilliant and even after which are not quite sure what you saw

It’s flawless technically and there is a live band . The lighting is alone is worth a ticket price.
it lasts 90 minutes. There are two sequences where is animations rather than abbatars and in theory you can get drinks then it will be hard to get back if you’re on the Dancefloor seating

afterwards
long queues for the Loos outside but go around the corner to the loos away from the cloakroom. Cloakroom queues were long but moved fast. Merch is ££ but available. then if you’re in a party mood you must go to the Snoozebox. This made our day. Really like being at the best wedding party ever. The staff there said it’s like it EVERY day. Dancing. Singing and laughs.

i think that’s it.

The everything you need to know about going to ABBA voyage thread The everything you need to know about going to ABBA voyage thread
OP's posts:
Please
or

Cod · 05/06/2022 08:45

dunno why it said pasta meal. If you want a proper meal*

OP's posts:
Please
or

EVHead · 05/06/2022 09:28

Very useful, thanks!

Please
or

Sahara123 · 05/06/2022 09:32

Were many people dressed in Abba type clothing?

Please
or

balalake · 05/06/2022 09:44

Seems worth the money, money, money then.

Please
or

Cod · 05/06/2022 11:20

I would definitely go fancy dress if you can, these people seem to be having all the fun, wish I had

Please
or

Cod · 05/06/2022 11:24

balalake · 05/06/2022 09:44

Seems worth the money, money, money then.

Without a doubt.

Please
or

VanCleefArpels · 05/06/2022 11:27

Thank you for that - esp re walking from Stratford as Waterloo is our terminus too

Please
or

Rainbowshit · 05/06/2022 11:34

Anyone want a couple of dance floor tickets for next weekend: checkout.ticketmaster.co.uk/en-gb/?id=32748335

Please
or

CharlotteSt · 05/06/2022 11:45

Cod · 05/06/2022 11:20

I would definitely go fancy dress if you can, these people seem to be having all the fun, wish I had

I'm going straight from work. Could be an interesting day in the office 😁

Please
or

jubileetrain · 05/06/2022 11:50

I'm not going but I appreciate the effort you have put in to this thread - thank you

Please
or

Undecidedandtorn · 05/06/2022 11:53

I'm so tempted by this - how much did you pay for the dance floor tickets?

Please
or

Rainbowshit · 05/06/2022 12:09

Undecidedandtorn · 05/06/2022 11:53

I'm so tempted by this - how much did you pay for the dance floor tickets?

Dance floor tickets are around £75.

Please
or

Cod · 05/06/2022 12:13

Yeah. We booked last September so I’m imagining it paid monthly ;) !

Please
or

Cod · 05/06/2022 12:14

Or a pound per minute. This picture taken before the show starts Was too busy dancing to start breaking rules

The everything you need to know about going to ABBA voyage thread
Please
or

Cod · 05/06/2022 12:15

VanCleefArpels · 05/06/2022 11:27

Thank you for that - esp re walking from Stratford as Waterloo is our terminus too

I just walk in the direction of that funny tower thing with a slide and then you’ll see everybody else going

think there are signposts.
we did wahaca first

Please
or

Rainbowshit · 05/06/2022 17:54

@Cod how early would you recommend arriving at the arena?

Please
or

Cod · 05/06/2022 18:41

Rainbowshit · 05/06/2022 17:54

@Cod how early would you recommend arriving at the arena?

If we’d known how fun snoozebox was we’d have done our pre drinks there. No point in entering the auditorium early- it opens 45 min before the show. We had no queues to get in anywhere. we got into the dance floor 20 min before. Was fine.

Please
or

babasaclover · 05/06/2022 18:42

Love this thank you

Please
or

SiliconHeaven · 05/06/2022 19:38

Im going at the beginning of September, looking forward to it

Please
or

Padamae · 05/06/2022 20:35

What sort of age would you say it's suitable for? My 10 year old is desperate to go.

Please
or

Cod · 05/06/2022 20:52

Padamae · 05/06/2022 20:35

What sort of age would you say it's suitable for? My 10 year old is desperate to go.

Can she last for 1 1/2 hours and does she have an encyclopedic knowledge of ABBA songs

Please
or

zafferana · 05/06/2022 20:58

I'm going in August and can't wait!

Please
or

squeaver · 05/06/2022 21:05

i went this afternoon and absolutely loved it. All of Cod’s tips were super helpful - especially Snoozebox where we went afterwards (didn’t have time beforehand). The whole thing is very efficient and just huge fun.

It’s so hard to describe what it’s like. I was worried that the whole suspension of disbelief aspect might be difficult but you just get swept up in it. It’s actually quite moving.

We were in seats - block H, directly facing the stage. We did sit for most of it but, by the end, everyone was up dancing. The dance zone looks like great fun but it is crowded and it would be a long time to be on your feet <grimmer>.

Please
or

squeaver · 05/06/2022 21:06

@Padamae If she loves ABBA, she’ll love it.

In the months to come I think the whole fancy dress thing will really take off too.

Please
or

squeaver · 05/06/2022 21:08

Lol at <grimmer> Of course I meant <gimmer> <gimmer fingers and eyes>

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.